1216 users online (207 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    coopzoo is offline Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.

PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

This is local, but has now garnered national attention. I cannot wrap my head around this mentality, this level of evil.

This poor man was choked and stabbed approximately 20 times.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...rills-21132371

http://www.dailyitem.com/x602337049/...THRILL-KILLERS

They wanted to murder someone just for fun and then went to strip club, police say.

Apparently the bio father of MB's young daughter is deceased; police will now be looking into his death as well.

PA - Miranda & Elytte Barbour - Newlyweds charged in Craigslist thrill kill, Nov 2013

Police: Pennsylvania newlyweds killed man for thrills. (AP)
    SUNBURY, Pa. Newlyweds just three weeks removed from their wedding day lured a Pennsylvania man to his death with a Craigslist ad because they wanted to kill someone together, police said.

Elytte Barbour allegedly told officers before his arrest Friday night that he and his wife, Miranda, had planned to kill before but their plans never worked out until last month when Troy LaFerrara responded to an online posting that promised companionship in return for money.

Elytte Barbour, 22, and Miranda Barbour, 18, both face criminal homicide charges in LaFerrara's death. His body was found Nov. 12 in an alley in Sunbury, a small city about 100 miles northwest of Philadelphia. The couple recently moved to nearby Selinsgrove from North Carolina.

According to Sunbury police, Elytte Barbour told investigators he hid in the backseat of the couple's SUV as his wife picked up LaFerrara at a mall on Nov. 11. He told police that, on his wife's signal, he wrapped a cord around LaFerrara's neck, restraining him while Miranda Barbour stabbed him.

The 42-year-old Port Trevorton man was stabbed 20 times, police said.
    ---
    Sunbury police Chief Steve Mazzeo told The Daily Item that investigators will also be looking into the death of a man with whom Miranda Barbour had a 1-year-old child. He would not elaborate.
    much more at the link

When describing his wife's contacts from Craigslist, Elytte said this:
    "She is not a prostitute," he said. "What she does is meet men who have broken marriages or have no one in their lives, and she meets with them and has delightful conversation."
    delightful indeed.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Interested to know if they'd practiced their macabre craft before. (See OP last graf.) Another couple added to that and they'd practically be in the "lonely hearts" / "honeymoon killers" league of.....

Raymond Fernandez and Martha Beck. (Wiki)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-accu...ry?id=21134460

According to police in Sunbury, Pa., Elyette Barbour said the couple had tried to kill other people in the past but were not successful until they met with Laferrara.

Police said they were also reviewing the death of the biological father of Miranda Barbour's 1-year-old child, according to the Daily Item in Sunbury.

I see that in your link above, too.

SICK people!
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Sunbury PA Daily Item article - Sunbury's where the man's body was found.

Cops: Young Newlyweds Thrill Killers
    SUNBURY — Tiny Elytte Barbour and his petite wife, Miranda, celebrated their three-week wedding anniversary by executing a dream they’d shared: To murder someone together, city police said Friday night.

There could be other victims.
    ---
    more at the link

I wonder how and when Miranda's child's father died.
    JMO.

:bananalama:

I read about this earlier today and just don't get it either....absolutely sick. I'm sure there's more info to come out about the bio dad's death.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Here is more on the child's father:

....According to her husband, Miranda Barbour has a one-year-old child whose father is dead. When asked Friday night about the child’s biological father, Sunbury police Chief Steve Mazzeo said his death is being looked at as suspicious and their investigation may expand to other states....

http://www.examiner.com/article/newl...im-for-thrills
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

What a horrific couple. What an unbelieveable goal to have as a couple. Most couples dream of a home together, kids, traveling, etc and these 2 l<mod snip> biggest goal was to kill someone.

This case reminded me a lot of the Jaren Lockhart case : Found Deceased LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community ( Jaren was killed and dismembered but her killers have NOT been arrested even though they were seen on video as the last people seen with her and have NO alibi.) I fully believe that they had some sick pact to kill a pretty girl for their own pleasure.

It is just so sad that such people exist.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-05-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Talk about a sad comment of some in society. Tsk tsk

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Good Gawd!.. How so very effed up our world is!

and as far as Jaren Lockhart, I could not agree more with SwampMama about her killers likely to have been in this same sick category of truly disturbed individuals who become so obsessed with a significant other and the two, both obsessed with death(and IMO many times this death obsession is meshed with sexual pleasure)..and the two very literally "getting off" on murdering someone for sheer pleasure..

IMO just as with Jaren's case so, too does this one have the very personal, hands-on method of murder being stabbing(this victim stabbed 20+ times, and Jaren having actually been dismembered).. IMO I believe this particular method of murder is very much specific in their fulfilling their sick fantasy-come-to-life(ie.the brutality and up close&personal action of stabbing and/or dismembering their victim)..

I suppose these "couples" have always been around who are thrill killers with very heavy sexual motivations combined with the murdering of their victims.. and now we just know more about their existence due to our 24/7/365 nonstop media coverage these days..

It is so disturbing, tho and with Jaren's case, its so damn frustrating in watching her sicko killers still not being made to face any charges, and therefor any consequences for the brutal, very brutal and disturbing way in which this young mother was viciously killed and dismembered
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

Good God.....

"Man, 42, lured in Craigslist ad by Newlywed 'thrill killers' was STILL ALIVE - choking and gasping for air - after being stabbed 20 times as couple searched for place to dump his body"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dump-body.html

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Sunbury PA Daily Item article - Sunbury's where the man's body was found.

Cops: Young Newlyweds Thrill Killers

more at the link
    I drove through Selinsgrove to get to my sisters for Thanksgiving!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Good God.....

"Man, 42, lured in Craigslist ad by Newlywed 'thrill killers' was STILL ALIVE - choking and gasping for air - after being stabbed 20 times as couple searched for place to dump his body"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dump-body.html
    Craigslist again? Man-42-lured-Craigslist-adPeople are always asking why I refuse to use Craigslist. This is one of the reasons why.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast