GUILTY PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

coopzoo

Whoever is trying to bring you down is already bel
Reaction score
This is local, but has now garnered national attention. I cannot wrap my head around this mentality, this level of evil.

This poor man was choked and stabbed approximately 20 times.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-pa-newlyweds-killed-man-thrills-21132371

http://www.dailyitem.com/x602337049/COPS-YOUNG-NEWLYWEDS-THRILL-KILLERS

They wanted to murder someone just for fun and then went to strip club, police say.
:banghead:

Apparently the bio father of MB's young daughter is deceased; police will now be looking into his death as well.

Police: Pennsylvania newlyweds killed man for thrills. (AP)
SUNBURY, Pa. — Newlyweds just three weeks removed from their wedding day lured a Pennsylvania man to his death with a Craigslist ad because they wanted to kill someone together, police said.

Elytte Barbour allegedly told officers before his arrest Friday night that he and his wife, Miranda, had planned to kill before but their plans never worked out until last month when Troy LaFerrara responded to an online posting that promised companionship in return for money.

Elytte Barbour, 22, and Miranda Barbour, 18, both face criminal homicide charges in LaFerrara's death. His body was found Nov. 12 in an alley in Sunbury, a small city about 100 miles northwest of Philadelphia. The couple recently moved to nearby Selinsgrove from North Carolina.

According to Sunbury police, Elytte Barbour told investigators he hid in the backseat of the couple's SUV as his wife picked up LaFerrara at a mall on Nov. 11. He told police that, on his wife's signal, he wrapped a cord around LaFerrara's neck, restraining him while Miranda Barbour stabbed him.

The 42-year-old Port Trevorton man was stabbed 20 times, police said.
---
Sunbury police Chief Steve Mazzeo told The Daily Item that investigators will also be looking into the death of a man with whom Miranda Barbour had a 1-year-old child. He would not elaborate.
much more at the link

When describing his wife's contacts from Craigslist, Elytte said this:
"She is not a prostitute," he said. "What she does is meet men who have broken marriages or have no one in their lives, and she meets with them and has delightful conversation."

delightful indeed.

Interested to know if they'd practiced their macabre craft before. (See OP last graf.) Another couple added to that and they'd practically be in the "lonely hearts" / "honeymoon killers" league of.....

Raymond Fernandez and Martha Beck. (Wiki)

Sunbury PA Daily Item article - Sunbury's where the man's body was found.

Cops: Young Newlyweds Thrill Killers
SUNBURY — Tiny Elytte Barbour and his petite wife, Miranda, celebrated their three-week wedding anniversary by executing a dream they’d shared: To murder someone together, city police said Friday night.

There could be other victims.
---
more at the link

I wonder how and when Miranda's child's father died.

I read about this earlier today and just don't get it either....absolutely sick. I'm sure there's more info to come out about the bio dad's death.

What a horrific couple. What an unbelieveable goal to have as a couple. Most couples dream of a home together, kids, traveling, etc and these 2 l<mod snip> biggest goal was to kill someone.

This case reminded me a lot of the Jaren Lockhart case : Found Deceased LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community ( Jaren was killed and dismembered but her killers have NOT been arrested even though they were seen on video as the last people seen with her and have NO alibi.) I fully believe that they had some sick pact to kill a pretty girl for their own pleasure.

It is just so sad that such people exist.

Talk about a sad comment of some in society. Tsk tsk

Good Gawd!.. How so very effed up our world is!

and as far as Jaren Lockhart, I could not agree more with SwampMama about her killers likely to have been in this same sick category of truly disturbed individuals who become so obsessed with a significant other and the two, both obsessed with death(and IMO many times this death obsession is meshed with sexual pleasure)..and the two very literally "getting off" on murdering someone for sheer pleasure..

IMO just as with Jaren's case so, too does this one have the very personal, hands-on method of murder being stabbing(this victim stabbed 20+ times, and Jaren having actually been dismembered).. IMO I believe this particular method of murder is very much specific in their fulfilling their sick fantasy-come-to-life(ie.the brutality and up close&personal action of stabbing and/or dismembering their victim)..

I suppose these "couples" have always been around who are thrill killers with very heavy sexual motivations combined with the murdering of their victims.. and now we just know more about their existence due to our 24/7/365 nonstop media coverage these days..

It is so disturbing, tho and with Jaren's case, its so damn frustrating in watching her sicko killers still not being made to face any charges, and therefor any consequences for the brutal, very brutal and disturbing way in which this young mother was viciously killed and dismembered:(

Evil <mod snip>.
Perfect argument for the D.P.

anyone find anything from them in social media?

OK, a heads-up about MY experiences on Craigslist:

1. I answered TWO ads where the "homeowner" was gone, as a missionary to the unenlightened. "They," the designated rental agents/whatever, would be happy to show and/or rent to me. Yepperoni, I'll just bet they would. Even I, not the brightest light on the tree can smell a rat. I smelled "rental agents" collecting money from ME, for a house they did not own, nor were authorized to rent. Ya see, there were a lot of ads like that. Odd that.

The next one I answered was from a lady who talked, and talked, and whined, and complained about former tenants, then decided at my advanced age, I might not be able to finish off the attic of somewhere (not in the ad), nor shovel a half mile of snow to get to the place. Give that woman a star, and a bill for my cell phone.

The next one was a tiny place, quite a ways away. Not sure if that was okay or not, but I did wonder why all the negatives. Someone wanting to rent will usually stress the positives. Hell, if the owner didn't even like the place, I wasn't quite desperate enough (if that's what he was looking for) to bother looking.

The last one was the kicker. It was an ad for a nice, decent sized, priced right apartment in Amish country. I called the guy, we talked, laughed, no, I don't have any pets, I could rent right away, yada, yada, everything was cool - meet him there at 7:30 PM. That threw me for a bit of a loop. I didn't know the area well, even though it wasn't that far from my "little stone cottage", and 7:30 struck me as an odd time to see the place. At any rate, I asked me son to come along - I felt a bit uncomfortable.

So, sonny and I drive over the river, through the woods, farmland, back roads, and goat tracks to get there - we used his GPS. We arrive a little early since being late is not good. We got there before the owner/renter, and met a young man who rented the other half of the house. He told us the owner/renter was at a Bible study (DOES ANYONE NOTICE HOW OFTEN RELIGION/CHURCH ENTERS INTO THESE THINGS? I DO). At any rate, the owner/renter finally shows up and he was not the sweet, laughing guy I had spoken to on the phone. He took one look at us, probably my son who is very fit since he uses the body-building equipment provided by jail, and was not interested, even though I provided him with financial documents proving my stability.

The upshot here is, I called and called about the place, I really needed to get away from the "little stone cottage", for my own sake. Finally, this owner/renter sent back my rental application, along with my check for running my credit. He never ran my credit. Hmmm.

I believe I MAY have escaped something rather unpleasant by bringing my son with me. No, I didn't get to rent the half house/apartment, but I really believe I escaped harm of some sort.

I've had it with Craigslist. I no longer feel safe doing business of any sort on there, I've seen too much in the news, and have my own bad vibes about the place.

My own opinion, of couse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back