1053 users online (231 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Jim Johnson, 39, Orlando, 6 December 2013

Jim Johnson Jr.

A 39-year-old man has vanished, along with his car, and Orlando police are investigating it as a possible kidnapping.

Jim Johnson, Jr. was last seen at 9:45 a.m. Friday at Goolie's II Barber Shop and Beauty Salon, 1109 S. Orange Blossom Trail.

Police are asking the public for information about what happened and any information about his missing white 2012 Cadillac CTS. The Florida tag number is F55-4AW.

Police did not say exactly why they think he may have been kidnapped, but if you have any information about where he might be, you're asked to call Crime-line at (800) 423-TIPS or 407-423-8477.

"This is an active investigation and no additional information will be released at this time,'' police in an alert. This is a developing story. Check back later for updates.
    http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...p.html?cid=rss
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3549150.story
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Well he doesn't appear to need a barber himself, so why was he there?

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
    Well he doesn't appear to need a barber himself, so why was he there?
    Good question. As a young..*cough* man of color, barber shops are often good hangouts. Usually a group of guys just hanging around barber shops talking, laughing and just having a good old time. Some come there just for that, and not to get hair cuts. If you've ever seen the movie Barbershop with Ice Cube, there you go.

On a side note, although I still have a good amount of hair now, I'm on my way to his level....uggghhh!

Edit - The more I started thinking about it, the more it dawned on me that along with the good, comes the bad. Sometimes shady individuals hang around barbershops. I've seen them all. People selling drugs, guys selling bootleg copies of movies...etc. Often times the barbershop owners can be a little shady. Often times barbershops can be just a front for illegal activities. I'm so glad you made that statement. Thanks Rizzo! That opens up a whole herd of possibilities.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Sometimes men with little to no hair go to barbershops to get a good shave. Its sort of like a social gathering too.
    Wonder what this gentlemen does for a living?
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Oh yes, and wonder who reported him missing?

He looks well groomed. In his pic I see a hair line at the top of his head. My guess is he stops in to get that part shaved.

I cut my husbands hair at home but he would never cut his own. Even though I just use one length. It's hard to be sure you get everything.
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Will one of you do me a favour? Will any of you look up his criminal record and see if he has a Facebook account? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Will one of you do me a favour? Will any of you look up his criminal record and see if he has a Facebook account? Thanks!
    Not finding a FB. Hope someone else has better luck. x
    JMO.

His name is so common it's hard to find stuff and know its actually him.

Police: Orlando man missing, possibly kidnapped

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...dnapped/ncFT3/

Posted: 10:50 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013

ORLANDO, Fla. An Orlando man who may have been kidnapped was last seen at a barber shop on Orange Blossom Trail Friday morning, police said.

It couldn't have been easy to kidnap him. He looks like a strong guy. There had to have been weapons and/or drugs involved (meaning given to him to subdue him). I sure as heck wouldn't be able to force him into a vehicle otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
    It couldn't have been easy to kidnap him. He looks like a strong guy. There had to have been weapons and/or drugs involved (meaning given to him to subdue him). I sure as heck wouldn't be able to force him into a vehicle otherwise.
    Or he got in a vehicle under false pretenses. Maybe someone who was a supposed friend or acquaintance.
    JMO.

I still can't find out who reported him missing/kidnapped.

Whenever I see "Jimmy" Johnson, I think of the NASCAR driver. LOL Its definitely making it a challenge to track him.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I still can't find out who reported him missing/kidnapped.

Whenever I see "Jimmy" Johnson, I think of the NASCAR driver. LOL Its definitely making it a challenge to track him.
    Hahahaha...when I hear the name Jimmy Johnson, I think of the coach of my Dallas Cowboys back in the glory days of winning Super Bowls. But I ran into the same challenges of the name being so 'common' for lack of a better word.

And when you search his name with FL it comes up a pastor in Miami. Grrr
    JMO.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast