1131 users online (170 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Paulo Netto, 23, San Francisco, 28 October 2013

Paulo Netto

Paulo Netto, 23, a Los Angeles art student from Brazil, was last heard from on Oct. 28, while in San Francisco, after making a phone call to 911. He also called his family & friends & seemed desperate on the phone. He told them that he was in trouble & is hiding from people who wanted to harm him. According to Ana Rodrigues, Netto's sister, Netto said, "Ana call the police I'm in trouble, people are following me!"

Netto, also called Kevin Viriato, a fellow classmate, & told him that he was in trouble. Viriato states “I told him, if you’re in trouble, call the police, they’re the best people to help you. He’s like ‘Oh, oh, oh’ then he hung up.”

When San Francisco police showed up on the scene where Netto's call was made, Netto was not there. In the day's following the disappearance, Netto's sister & mother flew to San Francisco & filed a missing person's report & to help find him. They were unable to locate him.

In November authorities caught an image of a man who may or may not be Netto. The image was taken from a surveillance camera at a S.F. McDonald's. It shows a gaunt, bearded man in a hat, exiting the restaurant. Police confirmed that the man had just used Netto's credit card inside the restaurant, however, they're still trying to determine if the image is that of Netto.

Netto's sister states that she's 100% certain the man in the surveillance camera is not her brother, who she described as clean-shaven & shorter than the man in the video.

Contact the SFPD at (415) 553-1071.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/..._francisco.php
    http://lostnmissing.org/missing/paul...-francisco-ca/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    A few extras for the missing Paulo Netto case not in the original post..

KNTV Missing Person 31-OCT-13 - YouTube

Photo Released of Man Who Used Paulo Netto's Credit Card -

Person of interest
    Netto's sister states that she's 100% certain the man in the surveillance camera is not her brother.

Netto is about 6' tall, weighing 180 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes and speaks English and Portuguese. He may be carrying a dark-colored backpack and iPhone 5.

Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thanks for opening that thread. I've been reading about Paulo's case and think foul play could be involved, sadly. He's been missing for over a month now, I just hope he will be found soon. Maybe he was involved with some shady people, owed them money and they harmed him in order to get what they were after...

Oh goodness....this is such a terrible story. I do feel something awful has happened to Paulo and my heart goes out to his family. I pray they can get some answers to what happened....its got to be a haunting burden to go without knowing anything.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Paulo Netto, Five Other Young Men, Remain Missing From S.F.

http://sfist.com/2013/12/13/paulo_ne...ung_men_re.php

By Jay Barmann in News on Dec 13, 2013 9:25 AM

<snipped>
    Tonight's vigil will be at 7 p.m. on the Polk Street steps of City Hall. It's being dubbed a "vigil of hope."

A body found Nov. 9 in McCovey Cove in the San Francisco Bay has been identified as that of Paulo Netto. Read the story here-

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...s-angeles-man/

RIP Paulo Netto! God Bless!!

RIP Paulo. Thinking of his family & friends in this difficult time.

"Brazilian student found dead in San Francisco after chilling final call to family saying he was being followed"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-followed.html

I most definitely think foul play was involved in his death.

I agree...it sounds like he was desperately searching for anyone to help him since he was being followed.....I can't imagine the fear he experienced. Poor guy.....

I can't find any mention of the cause of death. Paulo believed people were following him. Months later he's found dead but there are no more updates? His credit card was used 3 days after he went missing but from what I can tell, it hasn't been determined if it was Paulo or someone else. It would be really nice if someone would give Paulo a little attention.

I suppose the other possibility here is that Paulo suffered some kind of mental break and became paranoid that he was being followed. Might explain the gauntness too if the man in the CCTV was indeed him.

All MOO of course, it does also all sound a little fishy to me - it's entirely possible he was being followed but we don't know enough about him to guess why or by whom

Quote Originally Posted by lcroberts9 View Post
    I suppose the other possibility here is that Paulo suffered some kind of mental break and became paranoid that he was being followed. Might explain the gauntness too if the man in the CCTV was indeed him.

All MOO of course, it does also all sound a little fishy to me - it's entirely possible he was being followed but we don't know enough about him to guess why or by whom
    Icroberts9! I've seen you thanking a few posts recently and was wondering who the new "face" was!

Great post, that's a very good possibility. This reminds me a tiny bit of the Melissa Gilbert case, in which she called 911 in fear for her life, but her death was later determined to be an accident. Many don't agree with the decision and believe her to be a victim of LISK (Long Island Serial Killer).

I just hope the police are giving him the attention he deserves. It can't be often that someone calls 911 in fear for their life, is found dead in a bay, and the death is ruled an accident.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DebbS View Post
    A body found Nov. 9 in McCovey Cove in the San Francisco Bay has been identified as that of Paulo Netto. Read the story here-

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...s-angeles-man/
    Welcome DebbS! Thank you for posting the update. I'm just reading about this poor young man.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast