840 users online (125 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IL - Isaac Danyus, 62, Waukegan, 26 Sep 2012

Isaac Winifred Danyus

The 62-year-old was last seen by his family on Sept. 26, 2012 in Waukegan, Illinois. Danyus had breakfast with his wife that morning. Later on he met with his brother, Charles Danyus, to make funeral arrangements for their sister. But he never returned home and did not attend his sister's funeral. His family was immediately alarmed and said the disappearance was "unlike" him.

Danyus is described as a good family man. (no criminal record, faithful husband, working at same job for 34 years, married to same woman for 37 years, 3 children).

Danyus' Chevrolet Blazer was found near an apartment complex where his son lived almost two years ago. A door to door questioning of the apartment residents proved to be unsucessful.

Danyus is described as a Black male with salt-and-pepper hair, 5-feet 9-inches tall and 155 pounds. Anyone seeing Danyus is asked to contact their local police department or the Waukegan Police Department at (847) 599-2608.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/201...saac-winifred-
    http://www.missingin.org/reg7827/isa...red_danyus.htm
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I wonder if all the stress of the death of his sister, combined with maybe his age, caused him to have some type of mental lapse. It has to mean something that his car was found in a location where his son lived a couple years ago. I hope he is ok and simply got confused....
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

I wonder if all the stress of the death of his sister, combined with maybe his age, caused him to have some type of mental lapse. It has to mean something that his car was found in a location where his son lived a couple years ago. I hope he is ok and simply got confused....
    Far be it from me to steal good ideas, but I was wondering the same thing. I hope we hear something new about him soon.
    Last edited by los2188; 12-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

So, he's been missing for over a year, right?
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Indeed he has been missing for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Ahh.....I just now noticed that. Thanks for highlighting the year. Bless his heart.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

His son was sentenced to 20 years in prison for attacking a boy with a hammer. The article notes that he was the last person to see his father before he disappeared. It just highlights that aspect but doesn't elaborate if he was responsible. Isaac Danyus Sr. has been missing for three years now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...717-story.html

Schletz also noted that Danyus told him that he was the last person to see his father, who disappeared before the attack on the boy and has never been located.

Defense attorney Keith Grant said it is believed that the last time Isaac Danyus Sr. was seen was at a funeral home making arrangements for his sister's funeral, after Danyus Jr. said he saw him leaving his house.