975 users online (187 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Canada - Cathy Pietz, 56, Welland ON, 6 December 2013

Cathy Pietz

Niagara Regional Police are seeking help finding a missing woman from Welland.

Police say Cathy Pietz, 56, was last seen at her family home 10:30 p.m. Friday.

Pietz is described as 55″, 240 pounds, with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye. She was wearing black slacks with a white stripe and a blue sweater, and she was believed to be driving a red four-door 2001 Pontiac GT1 with Ontario license plate AWYV 176.
    Police asked anyone with information to call 905-688-4111 ext. 3306.

http://missingpeople.ca/2013/12/07/m...athy-pietz-56/
    http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-...welland-woman/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Missing Persons - Police Continue to Seek Publics Assistance in Locating Welland Female

http://www.niagarapolice.ca/en/news/...9-f33760fe4efd

I am in the area, if anyone needs me to check anything out. I went to high school with her. Although I haven't seen her in quite sometime, this is very unusual for our area. I'm hoping it has something to do with just wanting to get away for what ever reasons.
    That was her bad luck, that she won. Ricardo Flores

I'm also very close by and willing to help if I can. Had a few interactions with her and a close family member several years ago. As Guardian_Angel says, this is unusual for the area. I believe her family has been very helpful to her and supportive over the years. They must be worried sick.

Her family home is where she lives or her family lives there (parents)? Does she have a husband and children? Work at a job? Since they say "they believe" she's driving her red car, does that mean nobody saw her leave or that she may have ditched the car? All the articles say the same thing. She doesn't look as large as the description so I wonder if that's a current pic? Does she have a phone? Maybe this will all be addressed soon.

The police reports are being very vague. I have not seen anything at all about her disappearance in the last few days as far as updates or any new information.

Her father was the mayor for several years, and had a long political career while running his well know dairy farm. There is a Canada 411 listing with her first initial and another initial and a hyphenated last name. I know the street address is the same street that her parents live on, so maybe she lived a few doors down from them.

It has been a cold blustery day today, with tons of snow falling all day. I just hope she is safe and warm somewhere.

Police looking for missing Welland woman

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/42...welland-woman/

18 hours ago

Short article at link

The 56-year-old was reported missing by her family on Dec. 7.
    She was last seen at her family home in Welland at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 6.

Pietz is described as 5-foot-5, 240 lbs., with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye.

Here's hoping she comes home in time for Christmas. What a wonderful gift that would be for her loved ones.

http://www.inportnews.ca/2013/12/16/...ref_map=%5B%5D
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

I go to Welland, Dunnville and Hamilton a few times a week and have been keeping my eyes open. Is there any info on where she likes to go or what she likes to do? Her family must be devastated.
    Rural Ontario

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...medium=twitter

PORT COLBORNE - Investigation into the disappearance of a 56-year-old Welland woman missing since early December shifted to the icy waters of the Welland Canal Thursday.

Niagara Regional Police combined its winter underwater search and recovery and marine units training with a search for Cathy Pietz, not seen since Dec. 6.

But unlike a training exercise conducted at the Lincoln St. docks on the Welland Recreational Canal in Welland just prior to Christmas, Thursday’s site was cordoned off with yellow police tape.

At the scene Thursday, Const. Richard Gadreau wouldn’t say what led police to to southernmost point of West St. except that “we’re always committed to ensure we follow up on everything.”

Family has been kept apprised of developments in the police investigation as they arise and were notified of Thursday’s dive, Const. Derek Watson said by phone.

Pietz was last seen at her family home in Welland at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 6 and prior to her disappearance she had been speaking to a friend in Hamilton.

Police are not treating the disappearance as suspicious.

Pietz is described as 5-foot-5, 240 lbs., with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye. She was last seen wearing black slacks with a white stripe and a blue sweater.

She was believed to be driving a red four-door 2001 Pontiac GT1 with Ontario licence plate AWYV176.

Sgt. Bill Wiley, who heads the marine unit, said a hole was cut in the canal ice Wednesday evening on the assumption divers would be entering the water just past 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

However, an icebreaker originally scheduled to bring a ship into port for wintering Wednesday night was delayed and the dive exercise as a result, too, was delayed by safety concerns with shifting ice.

Ice at the scene was about 10 centimetres thick Thursday.

Police are asking anyone with information about the disappearance of Pietz to call 905-735-7811 ext. 3306.

Bumping for Cathy.
    It's been over a month now Where are you Cathy? So devastating for her loved ones.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Posted in July:

It has been more than seven months since 56-year-old Cathy Pietz disappeared.

https://www.facebook.com/niagarafall...52518734866648

Bumping for Cathy.

Eerie how these two women disappeared a year apart on the same day, December 6th, in the same city of Welland and there is no recent updates in the MSM. Cathy disappeared in 2013, Amber Lyautey in 2014. Hope LE are still actively investigating these cases. So sad there is very little media attention of them. MOO.

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2014/12...re-than-a-week

She's not listed on the national missing persons website and there's no mention of her on the Niagara Police Services website.

Amber Lyautey was found unharmed.
    Last edited by evafiore; 02-08-2015 at 10:03 AM.

It looks like Cathy's mother passed away in April of 2014 and by the comments, I think Cathy was still missing at that time. Also, Missing People Canada site still has her listed as missing. I hope she is either safe or will be found.

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/...asp?oid=794231
    http://missingpeople.ca/2013/12/miss...athy-pietz-56/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast