Found Deceased Canada - Cathy Pietz, 56, Welland ON, 6 December 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Cathy Pietz
1501833_456743557764418_334983011_n.jpg
pontiac___Content.jpg

Niagara Regional Police are seeking help finding a missing woman from Welland.

Police say Cathy Pietz, 56, was last seen at her family home 10:30 p.m. Friday.

Pietz is described as 5’5″, 240 pounds, with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye. She was wearing black slacks with a white stripe and a blue sweater, and she was believed to be driving a red four-door 2001 Pontiac GT1 with Ontario license plate AWYV 176.
Police asked anyone with information to call 905-688-4111 ext. 3306.

http://missingpeople.ca/2013/12/07/missing-woman-in-welland-cathy-pietz-56/
http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/4260720-police-seek-missing-welland-woman/

I am in the area, if anyone needs me to check anything out. I went to high school with her. Although I haven't seen her in quite sometime, this is very unusual for our area. I'm hoping it has something to do with just wanting to get away for what ever reasons.

I'm also very close by and willing to help if I can. Had a few interactions with her and a close family member several years ago. As Guardian_Angel says, this is unusual for the area. I believe her family has been very helpful to her and supportive over the years. They must be worried sick.

Her family home is where she lives or her family lives there (parents)? Does she have a husband and children? Work at a job? Since they say "they believe" she's driving her red car, does that mean nobody saw her leave or that she may have ditched the car? All the articles say the same thing. She doesn't look as large as the description so I wonder if that's a current pic? Does she have a phone? Maybe this will all be addressed soon.

The police reports are being very vague. I have not seen anything at all about her disappearance in the last few days as far as updates or any new information.

Her father was the mayor for several years, and had a long political career while running his well know dairy farm. There is a Canada 411 listing with her first initial and another initial and a hyphenated last name. I know the street address is the same street that her parents live on, so maybe she lived a few doors down from them.

It has been a cold blustery day today, with tons of snow falling all day. I just hope she is safe and warm somewhere.

The 56-year-old was reported missing by her family on Dec. 7.
She was last seen at her family home in Welland at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 6.

Pietz is described as 5-foot-5, 240 lbs., with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye.

Here's hoping she comes home in time for Christmas. What a wonderful gift that would be for her loved ones.

http://www.inportnews.ca/2013/12/16..._type_map=["og.recommends"]&action_ref_map=[]

I go to Welland, Dunnville and Hamilton a few times a week and have been keeping my eyes open. Is there any info on where she likes to go or what she likes to do? Her family must be devastated.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...-search?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

PORT COLBORNE - Investigation into the disappearance of a 56-year-old Welland woman missing since early December shifted to the icy waters of the Welland Canal Thursday.

Niagara Regional Police combined its winter underwater search and recovery and marine units training with a search for Cathy Pietz, not seen since Dec. 6.

But unlike a training exercise conducted at the Lincoln St. docks on the Welland Recreational Canal in Welland just prior to Christmas, Thursday’s site was cordoned off with yellow police tape.

At the scene Thursday, Const. Richard Gadreau wouldn’t say what led police to to southernmost point of West St. except that “we’re always committed to ensure we follow up on everything.”

Family has been kept apprised of developments in the police investigation as they arise and were notified of Thursday’s dive, Const. Derek Watson said by phone.

Pietz was last seen at her family home in Welland at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 6 and prior to her disappearance she had been speaking to a friend in Hamilton.

Police are not treating the disappearance as suspicious.

Pietz is described as 5-foot-5, 240 lbs., with long, straight blonde hair, blue eyes and a three-inch vertical scar below the outside corner of her right eye. She was last seen wearing black slacks with a white stripe and a blue sweater.

She was believed to be driving a red four-door 2001 Pontiac GT1 with Ontario licence plate AWYV176.

Sgt. Bill Wiley, who heads the marine unit, said a hole was cut in the canal ice Wednesday evening on the assumption divers would be entering the water just past 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

However, an icebreaker originally scheduled to bring a ship into port for wintering Wednesday night was delayed and the dive exercise as a result, too, was delayed by safety concerns with shifting ice.

Ice at the scene was about 10 centimetres thick Thursday.

Police are asking anyone with information about the disappearance of Pietz to call 905-735-7811 ext. 3306.

Bumping for Cathy.
It's been over a month now :( Where are you Cathy? So devastating for her loved ones.

In July divers were still looking for her. Tragically, it seems that the authorities concluded that she must have driven into the water---the Welland Canal is huge.

Searching further, I found this. They retrieved a female body from the canal in September 2014, in the area of the Clarence Street Bridge, which is where they were looking for Cathy.

I wish the best for her family.

Evafiore thank you for the link to do with Amber. That's wonderful that she was located. Interesting the post wasn't released for over a month after she went missing. Was she missing for over a month or LE just got around to releasing over a month later? Odd. .

I saw the article that LE was searching the canal, but obviously missed the one which they had found a female body. I assume they suspect suicide then? Unless it's still under investigation and hush hush. So tragic. My heart goes out to her loved ones. RIP Cathy. MOO.

Perfectingpink, yes I saw the obit for her mom in my search for updates yesterday. So sad. Maybe her mom died of a broken heart missing her daughter. Stress can be hard on people, especially the elderly. MOO.

Evafiore thank you for the link to do with Amber. That's wonderful that she was located. Interesting the post wasn't released for over a month after she went missing. Was she missing for over a month or LE just got around to releasing over a month later? Odd. .

I saw the article that LE was searching the canal, but obviously missed the one which they had found a female body. I assume they suspect suicide then? Unless it's still under investigation and hush hush. So tragic. My heart goes out to her loved ones. RIP Cathy. MOO.

Perfectingpink, yes I saw the obit for her mom in my search for updates yesterday. So sad. Maybe her mom died of a broken heart missing her daughter. Stress can be hard on people, especially the elderly. MOO.

She really could have. It makes me sad she died without knowing exactly what happened to her daughter. I also saw in the obit she lost a son, also. That poor woman!

She really could have. It makes me sad she died without knowing exactly what happened to her daughter. I also saw in the obit she lost a son, also. That poor woman!

I would like to know how LE came to the conclusion there was no foul play in her death. They came to the conculsion it was either an accident or suicide I assume. MOO.

The body recovered from the canal on September 27, 2014 was not Cathy. It was an elderly woman who had recently lost her husband (as seen in the comments from this FB article). Obituaries from the same time period support this. It appears that Cathy is still missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back