OH - Rosemarie Essa, 38, dies of cyanide poisoning, Gates Mills, 24 Feb 2005

lauriej

'wild rose country...'
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0430cyanide30.html

GATES MILLS, Ohio - The Volvo crashed at low speed into an oncoming car, then rolled to a stop. The driver had vomited inside and was found slumped over.

Rosemarie Essa was pronounced dead at the hospital, and hundreds attended her funeral to mourn the loving mother and express sympathy for the husband and two little children she left behind.

What happened next left Essa's family and their well-to-do Ohio town reeling: First, her husband, an emergency room doctor, disappeared. Then last week, the coroner ruled that it wasn't the accident that killed her; it was cyanide poisoning

OMG! :eek: I just don't understand why people don't get a divorce! Now these poor little children will have no parents. Ones dead and the other one, when he's caught will be in jail. Maybe he was hoping that she'd be driving fast enough and when she wrecked the car the children would also die?

What a horrible man. :mad:

DS

no kidding!

..and did he take the children with him when he took off?

...what a truly sad world we live in.....

..growing up, we'd rush over to meet the new neighbours...

..NOW, i scrutinize their every move deciding if they're trust-worthy or not......

newtv said:
hey CP- what ever happened to the doctor who's wife was found and apparently overdosed-the ch.practor.
I havent heard anything.

Tox reports should have been out a week ago. So far no news. So, either the cops are holding on to the info or they want to save the family pain. I believe they know something and are sweating him out.

This guy is a real gem. The Cleveland newspaper today says that when she was in the ER, he did not cry, but removed her rings and a necklace, then ordered the attending dr to declare her dead, several of her family members told police. He also pulled back the sheet, exposing her body to all in the ER. Supposedly he was having an affair with a nurse. He insisted his wife begin taking calcium pills about a year ago, her friends reported. One of her last phone calls was to a friend with the story about the calciuim pills, and the bottle was saved when she died. When confronted with this info, the husband insisted someone else must have tampered with the pills. He then left for another state, purportedly to care for a friend who had suffered an injury. Instead, he joined some of his family/friends for a gambling spree in another state. What a king-sized creep this guy is.

CLEVELAND — A fugitive doctor charged in the cyanide poisoning death of his wife was arrested in Cyprus and will be brought back to the United States to face trial, the FBI said Monday.

Yazeed Essa, 38, of Gates Mills, east of Cleveland, was arrested Saturday as he attempted to clear customs after arriving in Cyprus from Beirut, Lebanon, the FBI said in a news release.

Authorities in Cyprus questioned Essa because they suspected his travel documents were fraudulent, said Scott Wilson, an FBI agent in Cleveland.

Essa disappeared three weeks after his wife, Rosemarie, collapsed in her car about five miles from the couple's home and died Feb. 24, 2005.

Before she collapsed, she called a friend on a cell phone, gasping for air, and said her husband made her take calcium pills and she didn't feel well, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors have said they believe Essa, an emergency room doctor, was having an affair with a nurse and wanted to be free of his 38-year-old wife. Prosecutors characterized the killing as a "divorce substitute." more at link:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,219017,00.html

Cleveland: Witness testifies doctor bragged about wife's murder

CLEVELAND -- A man testifying in the trial of a Gates Mills doctor accused of murdering his wife told the court Wednesday that Yazeed Essa told him that he ground up cyanide and put the poison in his wife's calcium capsules.

Jamal Khalife took the stand Wednesday morning. Prosecutors say he helped Essa hide out in Lebanon during the time he was on the run from U.S. law enforcement.

more here

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=130103&catid=45

Sheesh, Cleveland is really becoming notorious for this kind of thing anymore. I am embarrassed. ty for the update.

I sure hope that guy never treated me or my family at AGMC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back