Idea

pageantmom

Reaction score
So I was thinking of this as an accident or something but not really sure what my theory was, many of you have theories..and I really don't.

But then lately I've been thinking of the rumors of JB involved in some sort of child sex ring in Boulder and Denver because I'd been reading that there was one.

Some people had asked me on one of the threads here if there could be any connection between child pageant and doing nude photos, my answer was definitely no, that could not help your pageant career and could only hurt it, besides I'm not sure how the photos could even be used, there wouldn't be any pageant you could enter the photos into, etc.

But then I thought, even though there is NO connection between child pageants and nude photos, it occurred to me that maybe Patsy had JB doing like pin up style photos like the old fashioned 1940s style pin up girl, which Patsy may have found to be very glamorous...well if she was doing those, THAT could have a connection to nude pictures.

Have you guys seen the old 1940s style pin up photos/drawings? They print them on a lot of things nowadays like magnets for your refrigerator and stuff like that. It usually doesn't really show any body parts (pretty tame by today's standard) but it does look risqué and has poses to look seductive.

Could that be the sort of photos they found in the Ramsey house?
Those photos could NOT be used for pageants or modeling, BUT, to Patsy they might have looked "glamorous" so Patsy may just have had photos done that way because she thought they were glamorous.

And maybe after doing pin up style pics, it wasn't a far cry to do nudes. Just a thought.

Q: You were responsible for focusing Alex Hunter and his team on another suspect weren't you?

Yes, I told Hunter that a photographer (Randy Simons) who'd taken JonBenet's picture and who, according to some pageant moms in the Denver-Boulder area, had asked if he could photograph their girls nude or semi-nude, had freaked out following the murder and had acted very suspiciously ever since. I was not suggesting that Simons participated in the death of JonBenet but that he might well have knowledge of the kinds of activities and subculture I was telling Hunter about. At the time I told the DA this, he'd never heard of Simons, which indicates just how much the Boulder police resisted investigating the murder outside of the family and how little they knew about the world JonBenet had been exposed to through her
pageant connections.

From trutv.com

I'm about to post some examples of what they look like hang on

Ok so I have found that I don't know how to post pictures lol.
Just google 1940s pin up girls.

I'm not sure what the point would be of having a child do these because um not to be graphic but with a child there aren't any um...parts...to show off, the way there would be with a woman...but there you have it.

Maybe Patsy thinks these are glamorous, has JB pose to for them (not for pageants cause these wouldn't be useful for pageants but simply that Patsy or John likes them)...and then once you have her posing for these, well, then, nude isn't too far off.
Just an idea.

The whole thing about a pedo ring on boulder is SCARY. but , I think it's a definite Possibility.

Could Patsy have taken some of her own photos at home when she was trying to come up with a theme? I'm thinking of the photo of JonBenet at some function where she was made to look like Marilyn Monroe. So inappropriate, imo.

Why would you take pin-up photos in the laundry room of the basement? I mean, Haney could clearly tell it was the laundry room, so it had to have those elements in the background, right? Doesn't seem at all sexy to me. I am struck by Haney asking PR if she might snap a photo of JB in there if she was doing something "cutesy". What the heck would be "cutesy" in a basement laundry room? Panties on her head? Peeking out of the dryer? Holding up a box of laundry soap like an I Love Lucy episode?

I'm a little...ummm...perplexed.

My guess is that they found a photo with JB close up to the camera, with a somewhat blurred and possibly overexposed face (due to flash), with facial expression/limb movements/body contortions suggesting that either JB was playing around, or something sinister was going on - and they didn't know which.

This portion of Patsy's deposition has always perplexed me too, Mountain_Kat.

Where there is pageant photography, there is a fine line into other types of photography (based on my experience within that realm-but as an adult).

That whole venue invites some shady characters, iykwim......

There are opportunities to bump into the wrong type of people if you're what they desire or you are vulnerable.

This also includes movie-making, modeling, Hollywood, becoming "discovered", etc., etc.,

moo based on personal life experience......

Were there sheets in the basement there I'm thinking of Patsy using a sheet as a backdrop.

If there were a pedo ring in the Boulder area, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Simons were involved.

To get a good quality naughty photo in '96, you'd need a private photographer with his own darkroom. If Simons was well-known on the pageant circuit, he'd be a prime candidate to develop naughty photos for these well-off sickos, as he has a pipeline into new...um, prospects? These scum could visit his place to see what portfolios he was working on and possibly approach families as talent agents or modeling scouts, et cetera to gain access to these babies.

Sorry, I have to stop, this is too disgusting to think about.

If there were a pedo ring in the Boulder area, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Simons were involved.

To get a good quality naughty photo in '96, you'd need a private photographer with his own darkroom. If Simons was well-known on the pageant circuit, he'd be a prime candidate to develop naughty photos for these well-off sickos, as he has a pipeline into new...um, prospects? These scum could visit his place to see what portfolios he was working on and possibly approach families as talent agents or modeling scouts, et cetera to gain access to these babies.

Sorry, I have to stop, this is too disgusting to think about.

Well if he is well known, he must be regional- I did pageants the same years as JB and I never heard of him, but I was in the south and the Midwest, not out west.

Ok...how DARK was the wine cellar? No windows, correct? Is it possible they were using the wine cellar as a dark room?

Well if he is well known, he must be regional- I did pageants the same years as JB and I never heard of him, but I was in the south and the Midwest, not out west.

Ok...how DARK was the wine cellar? No windows, correct? Is it possible they were using the wine cellar as a dark room?

I can't say for sure, but I don't think that would be possible. For a darkroom, you have to have zero light coming through. Nothing under or around the door, no light whatsoever. There would also have to be a safelight inside to work with.

If the WC had been used as a darkroom, there would be evidence of it that couldn't be readily tossed. Since there was no evidence that the WC was ever used as a darkroom, I think it's safe to say that it wasn't.

Were there sheets in the basement there I'm thinking of Patsy using a sheet as a backdrop.

Makes me think of the photo I saw of JB with that rope in JAR's room, at least I think it was real. It looked very real but could have been photoshopped. Has anyone else seen that photo?

I don't think I've seen it.

I saw a photo of the family dressed in western clothing for some event at the elementary school that Patsy had decorated for..And there was a noose looking thing hanging in the background of the photo.

Why would you take pin-up photos in the laundry room of the basement? I mean, Haney could clearly tell it was the laundry room, so it had to have those elements in the background, right? Doesn't seem at all sexy to me. I am struck by Haney asking PR if she might snap a photo of JB in there if she was doing something "cutesy". What the heck would be "cutesy" in a basement laundry room? Panties on her head? Peeking out of the dryer? Holding up a box of laundry soap like an I Love Lucy episode?

Maybe they had a backdrop of palm trees or a Texas ranch, etc., any of those "dated" backdrops that I've seen; or maybe they hung fancy curtains?

Not a clue, but it doesn't sound too fetching if the laundry room is "au naturel" -- and I hope little JB wasn't the same, bless her heart. Would PR have done it just to give JB more experience at posing, perhaps, or something worse? That thought makes me shake.
icon9.gif

Makes me think of the photo I saw of JB with that rope in JAR's room, at least I think it was real. It looked very real but could have been photoshopped. Has anyone else seen that photo?

I have never seen a photo of JB in JAR's room at all- with or without a rope. I HAVE seen a photo of a very cute JB dressed in jeans and a plaid shirt with pigtailed hair and bare feet. She is reclining and the rope is lying on the ground around her. That was one of her modeling shots.

I have never seen a photo of JB in JAR's room at all- with or without a rope. I HAVE seen a photo of a very cute JB dressed in jeans and a plaid shirt with pigtailed hair and bare feet. She is reclining and the rope is lying on the ground around her. That was one of her modeling shots.

That may be the one I saw. I was amazed to see a picture of her with the rope especially in light of so many people wondering what the rope was doing there. To me the rope was symbolic of something of a dark nature, not an innocent prop.

I'm confused because I though no one was sure if there were photos found in the basement or that the photos were taken in the basement. IIRC, from the interview it wasn't clear what the investigator was asking. Could someone clear this up for me?
Thanks,

I'm confused because I though no one was sure if there were photos found in the basement or that the photos were taken in the basement. IIRC, from the interview it wasn't clear what the investigator was asking. Could someone clear this up for me?
Thanks,

I posted an excerpt of that interview up-thread. To me, it sounds as if Haney is implying that LE found pictures of JB in the basement laundry room, and that those photos were taken of her in that room as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back