Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #1

MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #1

Unfortunately I had to wait on posting this case because the website that I found it on, wasn't a MSM site, but now it is...Apparently her car was later found abandoned in Indiana.

Teeka Patrick

Teleka Patrick, 33, from Kalamazoo, Mich. was last seen on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 in the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center. Teeka was reported missing on December 6th, 2013 after she didn't show up for work.

“She was dropped off at her vehicle that was believed to have been parked in the Borgess parking lot,” stated the sheriff's department.

Patrick’s gold 1997 Lexus ES300 was found abandoned by a trooper late Thursday, December 5th night on I-94 west bound just east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exit in Indiana.
    Patrick is described as a black female, 5’7″, 160 pounds with black hair.

If you have any information, you are asked to call the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department at 269-383-8748 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100.

http://fox59.com/2013/12/10/isp-requ...#axzz2n7QAZnlG
    Last edited by los2188; 12-10-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

Just saw Indiana State police post this on fb.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Can't find an ounce more than this article. Am I going crazy? Please tell me there is more somewhere.
    JMO.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Can't find an ounce more than this article. Am I going crazy? Please tell me there is more somewhere.
    That's the problem. When I found the first one, it wasn't mainstream, so I didn't post it. Then as I was looking, I found this one http://fox59.com/2013/12/10/isp-requ...#axzz2n7QAZnlG which is the same one I posted above. I'm not sure why there isn't more to this. I mean you'd think or even hope there was, but...nothing...bupkis.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

I had surgery at that hospital in 2002 and lived in Kalamazoo. It's a very busy area. I-94 access is just a few miles from the hospital.

9. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    So odd. First, her name is Teleka.

The first articles stated that...

..."Patrick has no known medical history and foul play is not suspected, according to the sheriff’s office."

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...rs_search.html

I guess when they found her car in Indiana, police became more concerned.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2512...atrick?fref=ts

And her work: http://www.med.wmich.edu/resident/te...patrick-md-phd

I wish there were details about her background -- family, kids, husband, SO, friends? Circumstances? Teleka appears to be quite successful, educated. There has to be much more information unknown to the public.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:

Beautiful woman! How sad we don't have more. Surely there is family that can speak out on her behalf and give us more info to go on.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Exclamation

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to my Facebook page in order to look for Teleka and lo and behold, we have 1 mutual friend. And yes...it's her. Take a look at her photos...you'll see her for sure..

https://www.facebook.com/teleka.patrick?sk=wall

Small, small world...wow. I gotta see what I can find out on her with our mutual friend...wow. I didn't see this coming at all..

Well I got in touch with our mutual friend to ask about her last night, and when I woke up this morning, he replied that he didn't know that she was missing. He told me that he went to school together. Crazy world. Hope she's found.

I did find this nugget (forgive me for using your name nugget) of info...

It's now been six days since anyone has seen or heard from Teleka Patrick and her loved ones are concerned. ISP officials found her abandoned vehicle on Thursday, but for some reason this detail didn't make it through the media reports (not clearly at least) until yesterday. Previously, it was believed that she was driving the gold colored Lexus. Since she is not driving her vehicle, it's hard to speculate a positive scenario in this case. While ISP officials are not acknowledging that foul play is a consideration, it's clear to see that this case might be heading in an unpleasant direction. Was Teleka Patrick kidnapped? Officials are seeking help from the public. If anyone has given this woman a ride, or if she's been seen by anybody, they are hoping witnesses will come forward.
    all voices.com

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post

I did find this nugget (forgive me for using your name nugget) of info...
    HeHe

Some of the articles say no foul play is suspected. I think an abandoned car on an interstate and a missing woman could definitely be foul play!
    JMO.

Indiana State Police Press Release, December 11, 2013

Entry Type: Press Release
    Entry Category: Alerts and Notification
    IN.gov Category: Law & Justice Public Safety
    Agency Name: Police, Indiana State

[ISP] Police Request Your Help Locating Missing Woman
    Start Date: 12/11/2013 Start Time: 12:00 AM
    End Date: 12/11/2013 End Time: 11:59 PM

Entry Description

The Indiana State Police and Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department in Michigan are asking for any assistance in locating Teleka Cassandra Patrick who has been reported missing since Friday, December 6th, 2013.

Teleka Patrick, 33 of Kalamazoo, Michigan was reported missing on December 6th when she failed to report for work in Michigan. She was last seen Thursday, December 5th, evening when she was dropped off at her vehicle in the parking lot at a medical center in Kalamazoo.

Patrick’s gold 1997 Lexus ES300 was found abandoned by a trooper late Thursday, December 5th night on I-94 west bound just east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exit in Indiana.

Patrick has black hair, brown eyes, is 5 feet 7 inches tall and 160 pounds.

We asking anyone who may have seen Patrick, possibly gave her ride or have any information about her whereabouts to call the Indiana State Police at 219-696-6242 or the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department at 269-383-8748.

Contact Information:
    Name: Sgt. Ann Wojas
    Phone: 219-696-6242
    Email: awojas@isp.in.gov

http://www.in.gov/activecalendar/Eve...51&print=print

This is a long article. More info at link.

First Sgt. Al Williamson said Teleka Patrick’s gold 1997 Lexus ES300 was found at about 10:15 p.m. CST Thursday in a ditch on the north side of westbound I-94 near the Porter/Burns Harbor exit.

Williamson said a trooper who responded to a report of the abandoned Lexus found nothing suspicious in the car, but did locate some of Patrick’s personal belongings. Patrick’s purse was not found in the car, he said.

“We’ve canvassed the area, searched restaurants, truck stop and hotels,” Williamson said. “They haven’t seen anything.”

Patrick, who is originally from Queens, N.Y., graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine in California earlier this year and came to Kalamazoo in July to begin the first of four years as a medical resident in psychiatry with the WMU School of Medicine, said Laura Eller, spokeswoman for the WMU School of Medicine.

Williamson said his agency began assisting the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office with the investigation of Patrick’s disappearance on Tuesday. He said sheriff’s officials here did a search on Patrick’s vehicle and contacted Indiana State Police after the search revealed Patrick’s car had been impounded in Indiana.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ical_resi.html

oh no... did someone "bump" her to get her to stop then take her away? No... why would she have driven to Indiana? Thinking and typing... someone "met" her in the lot where she was dropped off and forced her to drive to Indiana? Must be another vehicle involved. She is so established and just came to Kazoo for work. 6 days now...
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AzPistonsGirl For This Useful Post:

Patrick spent Thursday evening in downtown Kalamazoo and was dropped off at her car, which authorities have said was believed to have been parked in the Borgess parking lot on Gull Road.

Undersheriff Pali Matyas said Tuesday that no new leads have come in on Patrick’s whereabouts. Matyas said detectives were not able to secure any security camera footage from Borgess’ parking lot because the hospital’s system was not working properly.

Matyas declined to comment on who police believe dropped Patrick off at the Borgess parking lot or what time that may have occurred on Thursday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ical_resi.html

So many times the victim of foul play was supposedly dropped off somewhere, when that really wasn't the case. I hope she is found safely but it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    oh no... did someone "bump" her to get her to stop then take her away? No... why would she have driven to Indiana? Thinking and typing... someone "met" her in the lot where she was dropped off and forced her to drive to Indiana? Must be another vehicle involved. She is so established and just came to Kazoo for work. 6 days now...
    I'm going to guess the car ended up in Indiana and her body is somewhere on the way from Kalamazoo and Indiana.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

A little more info..

I spoke to the mutual friend that Teleka and I have together. He basically stated that she was "she was a nice individual." I noticed the "was" word that he used, but think nothing of that. He's in North Carolina, and she was in Michigan. From all accounts she seems to be a very driven and nice person. She is, like myself, is a Seventh Day Adventist..A Christian basically. Here's a little more background on her..

http://www.lifescript.com/doctor-dir...atrick-md.aspx

and here...this link really has very little on her at all...basically nothing, but here it is nevertheless..

http://med.wmich.edu/resident/teleka-c-patrick-md-phd

Not sure what to make of this..

http://www.hipaaspace.com/Medical_Bi...1669818365.txt

That taxonomy code is used by insurance billing. Like for PPOs using a code number to specify that she is a medical doctor in psychiatry.
    That statement that the think her car was in the Borgess parking lot is so vague. Surely whoever dropped her off, didn't put her out on the busy road. Wouldn't they drive to her car and see it??? They won't say who it was either.

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

The family of Teleka Patrick is hoping an online fundraiser will help fuel their efforts to find the missing Kalamazoo medical resident.
    Investigators have said Patrick has no history of medical issues and foul play is not suspected at this time.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...tarted_to.html

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lucky181 For This Useful Post:

sophiebelle is onto something with the friend who dropped Teleka off I think. it has been 7 days now.

We need to know more about what this friend said....
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

31. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to AzPistonsGirl For This Useful Post:

Justice for Jennifer

can you hear it coming, Remy?

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/FindTeleka

Twitter @findteleka

Her sister breaks my heart
    Justice for Jennifer

can you hear it coming, Remy?

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

I just saw some of my Kalamazoo FB friends are posting Teleka's news articles on their pages and sharing them. It's been so long, that even though I'm glad to see it, I wish it had been sooner.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    I just saw some of my Kalamazoo FB friends are posting Teleka's news articles on their pages and sharing them. It's been so long, that even though I'm glad to see it, I wish it had been sooner.
    You're really right on with what you said. Before I found out that her and I have a mutual friend on Facebook, I ran across an ad, for lack of a better word, regarding her disappearance. I wanted to post it so badly, but I couldn't because it wasn't MSM. Maybe I should have posted it anyway. I don't know. I had to wait about 2 or 3 days to post it, but so much could have happened in that amount of time good and bad. It's just a shame...

39. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

My cousin posted about this in his Facebook this morning so I came here - they were med school classmates. He posted the link to the online fundraiser - seems close to home that my cousin knew her (not close friends - just classmates but still)
    Last edited by CherylE; 12-13-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast