Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    I realize you are from a foreign land and there may be language difficulities.
    There was no night out. She went to the hotel as fast as she could get there
    AFTER A DAYS WORK,stayed at the hotel about 20MINUTES NO PARTYING, and returned to her car. DROVE 2 HOURS to Indiana(she must have been very tired by this time) and had an accident. The keenest minds in LE haven't
    found her yet.(I am sure they all believe they will find her). LE and I don't see
    any reason to call this an abduction yet.Happy hollidays Websleuths.
    bbm

The Indiana State Police reported a call at 10:14 pm. They use CST. Kalamazoo is EST so add an hour. Happy Holidays to you too!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    I realize you are from a foreign land and there may be language difficulities.
    There was no night out. She went to the hotel as fast as she could get there
    AFTER A DAYS WORK,stayed at the hotel about 20MINUTES NO PARTYING, and returned to her car. DROVE 2 HOURS to Indiana(she must have been very tired by this time) and had an accident. The keenest minds in LE haven't
    found her yet.(I am sure they all believe they will find her). LE and I don't see
    any reason to call this an abduction yet.Happy hollidays Websleuths.
    bbm

Has that been reported elsewhere that she went straight from the hospital? I've seen several MSM reports say that she went to the hotel after "an evening out". (ETA - oops - I see that Ms Facetious beat me to it! )

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ana&id=9366676
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Elainera is only talking about the main stream media articles.
    There is no "language difficulty" here, there is a MEDIA difficulty.
    It may be INCORRECT because WE know she left work, but the MEDIA is reporting it.
    From the timeline we have, these media reports are INCORRECT and Teleka left work only.

YOU are not confusing anything Elainera, the media is. No night out. Left work, went to hotel.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ana&id=9366676

After an evening out, she tried to get a room at a Kalamazoo hotel that was a short distance from her home.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...report_on.html

ABC reported that she tried to check into a room after a "night out" but was unable to get a room because she didn't have enough money.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ne_what_w.html

It’s been nearly two weeks since Teleka Patrick, a first-year medical resident from Kalamazoo, disappeared after a night out in downtown Kalamazoo.
    Thank you MsFacetious. So the media got it wrong, she was at work, left, went to the hotel, back to her car, and drove off (presumably), and disappeared. No night out. Got it

Then why would they report that? Color me confused. (as if the case isn't confusing enough already!)

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

I do BELIEVE this is a media error.
    The "evening out" thing. There just isn't time in the timeline.
    However it IS being reported, so you thinking that is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Thank you MsFacetious. So the media got it wrong, she was at work, left, went to the hotel, back to her car, and drove off (presumably), and disappeared. No night out. Got it

Then why would they report that? Color me confused.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    I do BELIEVE this is a media error.
    The "evening out" thing. There just isn't time in the timeline.
    However it IS being reported, so you thinking that is understandable.
    When does "evening" start for you in the US? I know in Europe it usually starts at around 6pm but here in India it's more like 4pm.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    This makes me think she was abducted and struggling... Maybe a planned abduction with another car following.

It also says LE isn't saying anything at this point about her phone and wallet, although her family reports these items were at the hospital.

10:02 p.m., Dec. 5

Indiana State Police receive a report of a car on westbound I-94 near Portage, Ind., matching the description of Patrick's gold 1997 Lexus ES300. Matyas said a caller who contacted state police in Indiana reported that Patrick’s car was being driven erratically.

10:20 p.m., Dec. 5

Arriving on scene, a state police trooper finds Patrick’s car in a ditch on the north side of westbound I-94. Patrick, however, is not with the car. A search of truck stops, gas stations and other businesses in the immediate area by the trooper and emergency medical personnel turns up nothing. State Police First Sgt. Al Williamson said last week that investigators found nothing suspicious inside Patrick's car. He said the trooper found some of Patrick's personal belongings, but not her purse. Investigators have been mum on the status of Patrick's cellphone and wallet.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ne_what_w.html

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

When does "evening" start for you in the US? I know in Europe it usually starts at around 6pm but here in India it's more like 4pm.
    It would be dark by 5:30 or so this time of year, so even dinner out at 6:00pm could be considered an "evening out", IMO.

Does anyone have a source that says she went straight from work? She did catch a ride to the hotel with a fellow resident, but that doesn't mean that they had been at work.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    It would be dark by 5:30 or so this time of year, so even dinner out at 6:00pm could be considered an "evening out", IMO.

Does anyone have a source that says she went straight from work? She did catch a ride to the hotel with a fellow resident, but that doesn't mean that they had been at work.
    That's what I was just thinking too. Maybe they had gone for a snack or a tea or a couple of drinks to a nearby spot before she asked to be dropped off at the hotel and that's why the "night out" was reported.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I would think that as a Resident MD, she would not go anywhere without her phone. She may be paged and need to return the call, etc., and this is not even to mention how integral mobile phones are to most of us these days.
    Residents generally have hospital issued or work cell phones. They do not get paged/called on their personal phones. I would guess she had 2 cells, one work and one personal.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

Found some more info that answers some of my questions (bbm):

They say At 7:25 she left Borgess where she is a resident of psychiatry. Deputies say she left her personal cell phone and work I.D. at her office. A co-worker agreed to drive her to the Radisson in downtown Kalamazoo. At around 7:30 she tried to get a room at the Radisson but she didn't have enough money. At 8:00 the hotel shuttle drove her back to Borgess when she got into her car. Then later at 10:14 911 calls started coming to the Indiana State Police of an erratic driver going west on Interstate 94. Police believe the driver was Teleka Patrick and she was alone. "A good thing for us is the information we received from the Indiana state police is that a single person was seen in the vehicle when the reports were coming in of the erratic driving,” says Kalamazoo County Sheriff Rick Fuller.

Read More at: http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features...an-16601.shtml

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Most full time workers on the day shift work 8 hours. If they start at8 they could finish by 4(no lunch} or 5 if they had a lunch hour. So evening could start at 4 or 5. Apparently the hospital had a slightly different schedule.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to goldenbear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    bbm

The Indiana State Police reported a call at 10:14 pm. They use CST. Kalamazoo is EST so add an hour. Happy Holidays to you too!
    If Dr Patrick had an extra hour (3 hours to go 100mi ) perhaps she stopped by her apt. and made arrangements to see someone. She had relatives one half hour from where the car was found.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to goldenbear For This Useful Post:

Has anything been said regarding how she may have been supporting herself ? Residents typically do not make a lot of $$.

Mysterious phone call, change in demeanour, attractive woman, meeting someone at a hotel .... Dunno. I don't like how that all adds up.

NOT an accusation or character assassination of the victim. Just raising the question of whether there were other elements of risk to her lifestyle .

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

I just watched the surveillance video and several things come to mind. First of all, I believe LE is being very purposeful in what information they disclose and the timing. It seems to me that every 2-3 days, LE releases more information about the investigation. The information about Teleka trying to check into a hotel on the night she went missing was disclosed at least 5 days later. LE had to have known days prior to releasing that information to the public because the person who dropped her off at the hotel no doubt was interviewed early in the investigation. Teleka spoke to at least 3 employees at the hotel; 2 front desk people and the shuttle driver and yet there is no mention of the front desk employees being interviewed and their conversations with Teleka. I do remember reading that the shuttle driver was ruled out as a suspect.
    And I'm sure LE has obtained her cell phone records and know who called, text and/or emailed her prior to her disappearance and vice versa. I understand it is an ongoing investigation and LE definitely has much more information than is being made public. Also, what about the FBI? Are they only involved when minors go missing? It's unfortunate it took almost 2 weeks for her story to air nationally but happy to see it did .
    All I can say is Teleka has to be brilliant to have accomplished as much as she has at such a young age. She had a plan that night. Sadly, she didn't share what her plans were with any of the people who are close to her. Praying for safe return and for her family who loves her so much.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jbjjm54 For This Useful Post:

She had two laptops in her home. She also had a personal cell phone. It seems like it would be redundant for her to have two laptops. Especially if both are working correctly. Could one laptop belong to a second person?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CluelessWonder For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast