Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #1

Or....was she running from her family who had access to her cell phone and bank accounts?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    Or....was she running from her family who had access to her cell phone and bank accounts?
    Her family has said there has been no activity on her accounts... so they must have access to them?
    Did anyone else have access to them?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

As of last month her and the ex were still battling in court. The divorce was final but it seems there was spousal support issues.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BestInMe10 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new here. I have been reading everyone's posts since Teleka went missing and I must commend you guys on your compassion and passion in trying to put the pieces of her disappearance together. It is very commendable.

I am an Seventh-Day Adventist (as well as the Patrick family), and I happen to know the family as well. I would not say I am very close with the family, but I am not a stranger to them either. I wanted to give some insight into this case from a SDA's perspective. Some of the things I will touch upon is from experiences of being an SDA since birth.

We all know that Teleka is a very bright young lady. Her father was a minister in the SDA conference. As we know, being a pastors kid (PK) is not very easy growing up in the world that we live in today. You are often held up to such high standards and you must always be the role model to your friends. Because of this many PK's tend to have secrets that they hold close to themselves as well as the pastors families holding certain indiscretions or 'things that go against the SDA religion' (I am speaking from experience and not speculation). With that being said, as everyone has noticed that the family has not made any statement about her personal life whatsoever in the media. A few years back (maybe around 2005-2007) I could recall being told that Teleka had dropped out of medical school to go and live with a Hispanic guy. It was a very sad time for the family because no matter how hard their efforts, she would not return to medical school and wanted to be with this individual. Eventually, she returned to medical school and ended the relationship with this guy but not without a fight with her family. I know this story to be true. I also know that since that incident, her relationship with her family wasn't the best and was a bit strained- especially with her mother.

I'm not sure if this would help the case but I hope the FBI & other law enforcement officials that are on the case, know of this story. It could be key in her disappearance. In gathering all the facts and knowing a small portion of Teleka'a history, it doesn't seem like she was abducted. I feel as if she wanted to disappear OR didn't want someone from her past to track her.

Regardless, I pray that she is safe & that she realizes that she has a family that is desperately awaiting her return.
    This post is on point! Thanks for sharing your insight.

As I've stated before, based on my friendships with and being around Seventh-Day Adventists, they appear to be morally conservative and very structured. While I think Teleka appears to be a very nice and accomplished person, her family has purposely not discussed other aspects of her personal life with the public. We only heard the good, but not the bad and the ugly. However, they were forced to open up behind the scenes.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ta1064 For This Useful Post:

Everyone close to and with knowledge of the case - Teleka's family members, the Kzoo Sheriff, the Indy State Police, and the FBI - says Teleka tried to get a room at the hotel. I just don't think all those people are lying or mistaken, and I can't think of any reason they would all get together and lie about it.

I think they're right - Teleka tried to get a room, but didn't have enough money.

JMO
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

As of last month her and the ex were still battling in court. The divorce was final but it seems there was spousal support issues.
    Is it spousal support or joint debt?
    I got the impression he was order to pay his half of joint debt?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kae View Post
    thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by bestinme10 View Post
    hello everyone,

i am new here. I have been reading everyone's posts since teleka went missing and i must commend you guys on your compassion and passion in trying to put the pieces of her disappearance together. It is very commendable.

I am an seventh-day adventist (as well as the patrick family), and i happen to know the family as well. I would not say i am very close with the family, but i am not a stranger to them either. I wanted to give some insight into this case from a sda's perspective. Some of the things i will touch upon is from experiences of being an sda since birth.

We all know that teleka is a very bright young lady. Her father was a minister in the sda conference. As we know, being a pastors kid (pk) is not very easy growing up in the world that we live in today. You are often held up to such high standards and you must always be the role model to your friends. Because of this many pk's tend to have secrets that they hold close to themselves as well as the pastors families holding certain indiscretions or 'things that go against the sda religion' (i am speaking from experience and not speculation). With that being said, as everyone has noticed that the family has not made any statement about her personal life whatsoever in the media. A few years back (maybe around 2005-2007) i could recall being told that teleka had dropped out of medical school to go and live with a hispanic guy. It was a very sad time for the family because no matter how hard their efforts, she would not return to medical school and wanted to be with this individual. Eventually, she returned to medical school and ended the relationship with this guy but not without a fight with her family. I know this story to be true. I also know that since that incident, her relationship with her family wasn't the best and was a bit strained- especially with her mother.

I'm not sure if this would help the case but i hope the fbi & other law enforcement officials that are on the case, know of this story. It could be key in her disappearance. In gathering all the facts and knowing a small portion of teleka'a history, it doesn't seem like she was abducted. I feel as if she wanted to disappear or didn't want someone from her past to track her.

Regardless, i pray that she is safe & that she realizes that she has a family that is desperately awaiting her return.
    \\\
    truth!

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Babydoll123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    It's unclear to me if she took her purse with her to the hotel and then left it at the hospital after returning to the hospital to get her car. In these photos, it looks as if she may have a purse. Look at the photo near the glass door.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hone-call.html
    She left her purse in her office, and took her wallet with her.

Investigators found Patrick's purse and cellphone at the medical center

http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-mis...ry?id=21273017

Dr. Patrick's belongings were in the car, to include clothing items, a wallet that contained her driver's license, credit cards, and a small amount of cash.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tal...a-patrick/view
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by ta1064 View Post
    In interviews, her family never mentioned this aspect - wife and mother - of Teleka's life. What's up with that?
    I'm sure that I don't know all of the details in this case, but I think that it's more than a little unusual that Teleka's family makes no mention of the personal life of their missing daughter/sister. Until select media reports surfaced today, there has been no mention of Teleka's friends, colleagues, significant others, etc. These are all normal aspects of a 30-year-old's life that Teleka's family has been reluctant to discuss. Why?

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Her family has said there has been no activity on her accounts... so they must have access to them?
    Did anyone else have access to them?
    I think the police have access to Teleka's accounts, and have told her parents that there's been activity. I think that's pretty standard in these cases. JMO

Police have obtained warrants to for Patrick's work and personal email accounts and report that there has been no activity on her bank accounts or credit cards.

http://wnep.com/2013/12/20/police-ne...-missing-girl/

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Actually I'm reading further and spousal support was dropped. Ex was supposed to pay her so much per month towards joint credit cards that she paid off and he was ordered to pay her attorney fees via monthly payments. The last court action was 11/1/13.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Why should the family discuss anything with the general public? What does that have to do with people keeping an eye out for this missing doctor and alerting police if they spot her or have information on her disappearance? Why is the public entitled to her personal business?

No one is entitled to that.

The family doesn't need people creating rumors and speculating about what happened to Teneka--they need people to be aware of her missing, see and retain a memory of what she looks like, know where she was last seen, and be on the lookout for someone who matches her description.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Why did her family take so long to come to Kalamazoo? When they were first told, they stayed back. If it were my child, I would have been on the first plane there. Maybe they thought she just went away for a few days.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ta1064 For This Useful Post:

Looks like the last court action was back on Aug 9th or 19th, and everything else after that looks like just the court recording document handling actions they took? Am I reading this right?

11/01/2013 EXHIBITS DESTROYED PER DESTRUCTION LOG
    11/01/2013 EXHIBITS DESTROYED ON 11/01/13 PURSUANT TO COURT ORDER FILED 11/01/13.
    11/01/2013 ORDER FOR DESTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS SIGNED ON 11/01/13
    10/09/2013 NOTICE OF RETURNED DOCUMENTS SENT.
    08/30/2013 NOTICE OF DESTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS MAILED TO PARTIES
    08/19/2013 RFA PLACED IN CONFIDENTIAL. SPOKE TO LIZ AT ATTY STRINGERS OFFICE AND SHE WILL SPEAK TO ATTY ABOUT.
    08/09/2013 REQUEST FOR FURTHER ACTION/COURT ORDER RE: AMOUNT OF MONEY HUSBAND MUST PAY WIFE DISCREPANCY ON JUDGMENT SENT DEPARTMENT S8 FOR REVIEW.

http://openaccess.sb-court.org/OpenA...etype=FAM&dsn=

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Well if she was trying to book a room for herself I wonder why? She did not appear to be upset that she didn't have enough money. Something was being discussed with a supervisor in that office I believe. What was it? Even if she was planning on going out for a night on the town her home was not far and surely she could have taken a cab if she planned on drinking. Did she live alone?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Why should the family discuss anything with the general public? What does that have to do with people keeping an eye out for this missing doctor and alerting police if they spot her or have information on her disappearance? Why is the public entitled to her personal business?

No one is entitled to that.

The family doesn't need people creating rumors and speculating about what happened to Teneka--they need people to be aware of her missing, see and retain a memory of what she looks like, know where she was last seen, and be on the lookout for someone who matches her description.
    I was thinking along the same lines...right now they're raising public awareness about her disappearance and asking for anyone that may have seen her or have information to come forward...we only need pictures for that, though locations where she's been seen are very helpful too. The rest is not really important for the *public* to know...if some of it does become relevant, I would hope they would share the information in the interest of finding her.

Prayers for her...and her family.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to poppygirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Trying to put all these pieces together:

-- career-trajectory change, name change, divorce (?)

-- going from an NIH grant to working at Borgess Hospital (I'm assuming Borgess isn't really a high-level sought-after residency? Please correct me if I'm wrong - it just seems like a 180-degree change from her previous path)

-- the phone call: per her mother, "Ö Her demeanor changed, she dropped her head in her hand. Thatís all they told us.Ē...

-- trying to book a room -with cash not a CC - the next day after the phone call, rather than returning to her apartment

----> My best guess at this point is that someone or something from her past caught up with her, and she didn't like that. Maybe she didn't want to be found by this person, hence the hotel (but why not go to a different one?). I think someone re-entered her life against her will and was stalking and/or harassing her.

This is just my opinion and I could be completely off-base.

Thank you for saying that and I have thought that since the mysterious phone call she received. I read a lot on websleuths more than I comment and I wasn't sure if I could speculate that.

I don't know about everyone but most people do not want to be seen visibly upset at work. Doctors are generally good at keeping their composure. It had to have been something earth-shattering (at least to her) and it seems like she completely flipped the script of her life in 24 hours.

She didn't prepare well to disappear if that is her intention. I know how to disappear. I haven't spoken with my siblings since mother died (2000), nor do they know where I am. (Ugly situation, death threats insinuated.)

I guess we wait and see with TP. I hope she sorts it out or a bright light has been extinguished.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

Well if she was trying to book a room for herself I wonder why? She did not appear to be upset that she didn't have enough money. Something was being discussed with a supervisor in that office I believe. What was it? Even if she was planning on going out for a night on the town her home was not far and surely she could have taken a cab if she planned on drinking. Did she live alone?
    The discussion with a supervisor ( if that's what it was) may have been to arrange a ride for her. If she was not a hotel guest, then there was no obligation to shuttle her anywhere and the employee may have been getting permission for that.

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to poppygirl For This Useful Post:

This new information about her alias is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post. IMO, about every week or so new information is disclosed. LE has a job to do and they do it well, especially with all the technology at their disposal. So I'm not mad at 'em. Having said that, I also wondered why there is no mention about any connections in California. I live in Cali and from day one I thought Teleka's story should have been covered in here. After all she did live here for at least 4 years. IMO, this now sounds like a domestic issue; perhaps she either left with her ex willingly or unwillingly which would make it an abduction. Which may be the reason LE has repeatedly stated they do not suspect foul play in her disappearance.
    I agree with the post stating her parents should make an appeal to Teleka. Praying she is okay.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jbjjm54 For This Useful Post:

Why would they destroy the exhibits?

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    Thank you for saying that and I have thought that since the mysterious phone call she received. I read a lot on websleuths more than I comment and I wasn't sure if I could speculate that.

I don't know about everyone but most people do not want to be seen visibly upset at work. Doctors are generally good at keeping their composure. It had to have been something earth-shattering (at least to her) and it seems like she completely flipped the script of her life in 24 hours.

She didn't prepare well to disappear if that is her intention. I know how to disappear. I haven't spoken with my siblings since mother died (2000), nor do they know where I am. (Ugly situation, death threats insinuated.)

I guess we wait and see with TP. I hope she sorts it out or a bright light has been extinguished.
    So, you think Teleka is alive, is on the run and left of her own volition?

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ta1064 For This Useful Post:

I think Teleka was asking the hotel clerk for the name of a person who was supposed to be there. I think it was the person on the phone. She may have been very upset and heard the hotel name wrong and went to the wrong one. She may have been too distressed to drive herself and just left without thinking to take her belongings with her.

What happened after that? IDK. The car was staged or stranger abduction maybe.

And I think LE knows this.

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

If she left willingly would she have abandoned her car on the side of the highway with her wallet ID and cash? That makes no sense to me.

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Why would they destroy the exhibits?
    I wondered the same thing.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I think Teleka was asking the hotel clerk for the name of a person who was supposed to be there. I think it was the person on the phone. She may have been very upset and heard the hotel name wrong and went to the wrong one. She may have been too distressed to drive herself and just left without thinking to take her belongings with her.

What happened after that? IDK. The car was staged or stranger abduction maybe.

And I think LE knows this.
    In the video she looked very calm and not distressed. She even waved goodbye to the clerk.

50. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast