Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Why would they destroy the exhibits?
    I've been thinking about that. When I was divorced, for financial reasons, my case was confidential. No one could look at the files. It is a bit unusual where I live but maybe not in California. One of the parties requested confidential status but not quite sure what that means in this case.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to georgiasblu For This Useful Post:

The exhibits may have been pictures, things that included both parties.
    They may destroy things that they don't want anymore.
    Wedding pictures, more personal pictures, documents with private information... things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    If she left willingly would she have abandoned her car on the side of the highway with her wallet ID and cash? That makes no sense to me.
    If she went with someone who had a car and didn't want to be tracked, sure.
    It's happened before and it's certainly a happier possibility.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Everyone close to and with knowledge of the case - Teleka's family members, the Kzoo Sheriff, the Indy State Police, and the FBI - says Teleka tried to get a room at the hotel. I just don't think all those people are lying or mistaken, and I can't think of any reason they would all get together and lie about it.

I think they're right - Teleka tried to get a room, but didn't have enough money.

JMO
    Which, again, should raise the question - what were her primary sources of income ? Was she involved in anything that may have placed her at risk ? She was driving a Lexus - not something most 1 st yr residents can easily afford.

The family would know if there had been any activity on her accounts because LE must have told them (I assume).
    Last edited by craftybatchy; 12-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

Why would they destroy the exhibits?
    http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl190.pdf

NOTICE TO ATTORNEY OF RECORD OR PARTY WITHOUT ATTORNEY—
    Under the provisions of Code of Civil Procedure section 1952, if no appeal is filed the court may order the exhibits destroyed or otherwise disposed of after 60 days from the expiration of the appeal time.
    Last edited by Ransom; 12-21-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Teleka's mom/dad and family members have been VERY proactive since the get go. They have appeared on NG and GMA. They have done everything they could do and even went so far as to hire a private PI. They are victims as much as their daughter. WS is a victim friendly website.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

One smart cookie!

Teleka Cassandra Patrick
    BA, BS; MD/PhD student

Article: Biochemical measurement of neonatal hypoxia.

Article: Effect of mode of birth on purine and malondialdehyde in umbilical arterial plasma in normal term newborns.

Chapter: Use of Purines and Xanthine Oxidase as Markers of Neonatal Hypoxia-Ischemia.

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Teleka_Patrick/
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by craftybatchy View Post
    Which, again, should raise the question - what were her primary sources of income ? Was she involved in anything that may have placed her at risk ? She was driving a Lexus - not something most 1 st yr residents can easily afford.

The family would know if there had been any activity on her accounts because LE must have told them (I assume).
    1997 Lexus = 16 year old car.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ical_resi.html

Was a COD ever determined for this woman who also disappeared after leaving that hospital? Does anyone know if she was hospitalized for depression? (more likely to have taken her own life than murdered)
    [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6308"]Found Deceased MI - Shay Lynn Eisenhardt, 31, Kalamazoo, 17 July 2003 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

Nobody (police, family, friends) seems to have said anything about the state of her apartment, or whether it did or didn't look as she'd gone back there. Usually either family or police make comments about things being in disarray, or nothing out of place, but I haven't seen any comment at all. Has anybody else?

Maybe she did go back there. Maybe there was evidence there. Maybe that's one of the things law enforcement isn't telling us.

Law enforcement did search her apartment, but no comment about disarray or no disarray:

Investigators say they also have searched her apartment and say she appears to have left all her belongings and didn't pack anything.

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features...an-16601.shtml
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

There are things that obviously the police know but are not telling. What did she tell the co-worker who drove her to the hotel? What was the full conversation with the desk clerk? What did she discuss with the bus driver who took her back to the hospital? I am hoping her parents have told police all they know about her. But then they may not know everything about her as she is a big girl and leading her own life. On the other hand some things maybe kept secret within the family and not disclosed to the police.
    The ex husband, have they interviewed him? There were tweets on social media by Teleka to "munchkins " I wonder if this was to her step children. There was mention on here of if she may have gone to Canada.
    But now it states that the ex is Hispanic, so could she have gone to herMexico?
    Have they reunited? M00

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marg from Oz For This Useful Post:

The ex is placed in CA I believe. No indication of him going to Mexico.
    You cannot unsee what has been seen,
    You cannot unhear what has been heard

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madamehdivision For This Useful Post:

Has anything been said about whether or not LE have been able to trace the origin of the 'disturbing call' - or are they still waiting on warrants ?

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

One smart cookie!

Teleka Cassandra Patrick
    BA, BS; MD/PhD student

Article: Biochemical measurement of neonatal hypoxia.

Article: Effect of mode of birth on purine and malondialdehyde in umbilical arterial plasma in normal term newborns.

Chapter: Use of Purines and Xanthine Oxidase as Markers of Neonatal Hypoxia-Ischemia.

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Teleka_Patrick/
    I find it interesting that she wrote about neonatal medical issues and now we learn that she might have a child. I wonder whether something happened to her child before birth. Maybe she is still sad, hence the lullaby.

Right now I have the feeling she is alive somewhere and chose to take off. She is hiding.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Psychiatric patients can and do become attached to their Dr and or nurse. They can and do become violent. My ex was attacked many times but fortunately he was a big guy. One of his patients called the hospital residency program, identified herself as another physician and got our address and showed up on our doorstep. I have been attacked many times, Hospitals do not go out of their way to protect their employees. Its on your shoulders as you are an adult and expected to take care of yourself. A lawsuit is a worker's comp suit and hardly ever get more than medical care. TP could well have had a stalker patient. JMO

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MissJ For This Useful Post:

Kalamazoo is a very dangerous city. It's the type of city where you don't carry a purse on your arm or even across your body. Perhaps she left her purse at the hospital while she was out with a friend for this reason. If I thought I might be mugged while going out to dinner with a friend, I'd leave my expensive smart phone in my locker at the hospital too.
    http://www.usa.com/kalamazoo-mi-crim...crime-rate.htm
    Last edited by Pensfan; 12-21-2013 at 04:34 AM.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    I find it interesting that she wrote about neonatal medical issues and now we learn that she might have a child. I wonder whether something happened to her child before birth. Maybe she is still sad, hence the lullaby.

Right now I have the feeling she is alive somewhere and chose to take off. She is hiding.
    I don't know that this topic had any special meaning for her. Medical students actively seek to assist with any type of research (sometimes unpaid) while they are in med school and the summers between their first and second years of med school. These are not research projects/papers that the med student initiated, but rather they are a professor's research project at their university/another nearby university. Working with a professor on his/her research gets one's name on the the published research paper as a co-author. This looks great on one's CV and can help the med student receive their first choice "match" for their residency program.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

The time between when drivers saw Teleka's car driving erratically and when her car was found abandoned 40 feet off the road was only about 20 minutes. The bloodhound followed her scent back to the road and then it disappeared. Did she hitchhike out of that area? Was someone else driving her car and hitchhiked out of there? Who picks up hitchhikers at 10:20 pm? :shiver:

I can possibly see a female hitchhiker being picked up within that 20 minutes. I can't envision a male hitchhiker being picked up in the dark unless he looked extremely unthreatening (elderly or disabled in some way).

I don't believe that a Ph.D/MD would hitchhike at night or get in her car for an evening drive without her phone.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

sitting here wondering when i can go to market basket again....
    Thinking back to her walking to the hotel with one hand in her pocket....is she a righty or lefty? Her left hand is in her pocket. If I were feeling threatened, the hand I use would be in my pocket on a knife or mace can. In my case it would've my right hand. IMO if she's a lefty, she felt threatened. If she's a righty, she didn't....if you have no weapon wouldn't you keep both hands and arms at the ready?

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    I believe she had her personal ID, in the news it said she left her hospital ID and personal phone at work.
    Wait a sec ..... she would have had TWO phones, her personal one and a hospital on-call phone. Is it possible that she left her personal phone behind, but took the hospital phone with her?

My daughter is in residency and always carries two phones.
    Last edited by musicaljoke; 12-21-2013 at 08:14 AM.

39. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to musicaljoke For This Useful Post:

I would really love to know why she went to a hotel. I think the answer lies there. I didn't take much from the surveillance video. Nothing seemed to be amiss.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

41. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Kalamazoo is a very dangerous city. It's the type of city where you don't carry a purse on your arm or even across your body. Perhaps she left her purse at the hospital while she was out with a friend for this reason. If I thought I might be mugged while going out to dinner with a friend, I'd leave my expensive smart phone in my locker at the hospital too.
    http://www.usa.com/kalamazoo-mi-crim...crime-rate.htm
    I'm not sure I'd classify Kalamazoo as a dangerous city? I live a couple hours from there and have never felt threatened or concerned when I visit. It is very tourist friendly, is known for being a little artsy, museums, students. It's actually a cool place.

43. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Would one of the mapping experts onboard be willing to post a map with the key places marked on it: the hospital, hotel, highway where her car was found, and route to Indiana?
    Last edited by musicaljoke; 12-21-2013 at 08:48 AM.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musicaljoke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I would really love to know why she went to a hotel. I think the answer lies there. I didn't take much from the surveillance video. Nothing seemed to be amiss.

I think this could hold a key as well.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissJ For This Useful Post:

she was visiting him in prison
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
    Psychiatric patients can and do become attached to their Dr and or nurse. They can and do become violent. My ex was attacked many times but fortunately he was a big guy. One of his patients called the hospital residency program, identified herself as another physician and got our address and showed up on our doorstep. I have been attacked many times, Hospitals do not go out of their way to protect their employees. Its on your shoulders as you are an adult and expected to take care of yourself. A lawsuit is a worker's comp suit and hardly ever get more than medical care. TP could well have had a stalker patient. JMO
    I did a stint at a forensic psychiatric unit. We were instructed not to divulge our surnames and not to give any indication on where we lived or our family. As nurses , our position was to converse with the residents and to do a lot of observing to detect any changes in their affect or demeanour . These residents had all committed murder. Most were not tried for murder because they were deemed to be mentally unfit at the time. Hence being in the forensic psychiatric unit. We were always aware of what we were saying so as not to identify ourselves. But there are always some people who break the rules. One young female nurse became attached to one of the men. He was transferred back to prison and it was found that
    She was visiting him in prison. She was brought before the Nurses' Board and was deregistered . So, you just never know how smart educated people will act when they become infatuated.

49. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Marg from Oz For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast