Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelessWonder View Post
    She had two laptops in her home. She also had a personal cell phone. It seems like it would be redundant for her to have two laptops. Especially if both are working correctly. Could one laptop belong to a second person?
    She may have had a laptop she used for work and one she used for personal things.
    She wouldn't want to have work related things on a home computer.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by craftybatchy View Post
    Has anything been said regarding how she may have been supporting herself ? Residents typically do not make a lot of $$.

Mysterious phone call, change in demeanour, attractive woman, meeting someone at a hotel .... Dunno. I don't like how that all adds up.

NOT an accusation or character assassination of the victim. Just raising the question of whether there were other elements of risk to her lifestyle .
    Actually residents make enough to live on if they are frugal. My former husband made $30,000 more than 20 years ago, for a year. It also depends on the locale.

They don't have a lot of time for a social life at all. They are often on duty or on call for extended periods of time. My ex was in a Psych residency and he probably got more calls than the other residents. JMO

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MissJ For This Useful Post:

Maybe she had one laptop and then bought a newer one. My most recent acquisition was an all in one desktop, leaving me with 2 laptops, neither of which I ever use. (One is old and the other is practically an antique.)
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

I was just googling. The news reports say 2 hours until her car was found.
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

I am curious about the phone call the day before.

Tenesha Patrick also says family wants to know more about a phone call Teleka received at work the day before she Disappeared, they say coworkers told them the call seemed to bother her

http://wwmt.com/news/features/featur...nce-4244.shtml

Who called her?

Why did she appear bothered?

Had TP made any "close" friends at work or were they all just acquaintances?

Was TP a private person who would not have shown any problems due to knowing how competitive residence programs are and knowing that any personal problems would be spread through the entire hospital.

I don't believe the "patient" theory. First year residents aren't allowed to practice psychiatry.

I have a problem with her wanting to go to a Radisson that is 5 to 10 minutes from her apartment.

Did someone call her and scare her the day before?

Someone gets a hotel room when they are that close to home because they are afraid to go home (for what ever reason, real or imagined). This may be a real fear or imagined.

Since she is a Psych resident I think the psychiatrist that she is working under probably would have noticed.

I think she may have been afraid. Maybe stalked by a stranger, or an ex.

Was there a stalker?
    Last edited by crystalgenie; 12-20-2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Needed to add
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I have to ask all the ladies in here a question. I hope I'm within the rules to ask this, but here it goes anyway....well actually first, let me say this. I'm a creature of habit when it comes to my wallet, my keys, and my phone. When I am outside of my house for any reason...even to check the mail, if I don't feel my wallet in my back pocket, if I don't feel my keys in my right front pocket, and if I don't feel my cell phone (and coins most of the time) in my left pocket, then I know something's not right. I'm very anal about that. I HAVE to feel all of the above, otherwise I'm back in the house to find it. Now with that said..

Is it that way with women? I mean I've had women in my life that accidentally left their purse, keys, or cell phone behind, I don't know how many times. Not ALL the time, but enough to be kind of used to it. Is it really that bizarre for her to leave her purse and cell behind? Is it possible that she carries around a couple of credit/debt cards around without a purse? Forgetting a cell phone...it happens. Anyway, any answer would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Well speaking for myself, I hate purses and I'm almost to the point that I hate cellphones too. I carry my cellphone, my debit card, my license and my cash in my pockets. Now, to be blunt, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but when I was "spending time" with my now husband, we would meet at a hotel to be able to spend the weekend together. He lived in a different city than I did so we met kind of in between. I always got there first and got the room.

After watching the surveillance video of Teleka at the hotel, I get the sense that she is calm. She doesnt look nervous to me and I think maybe she was meeting someone at the hotel and that's why she was getting the room. I really don't think it was to meet a lover. I think she was possibly meeting somebody outside of the hospital to help them.

I think she left her cellphone and purse at the hospital so she wouldn't have to be bothered with keeping up with extra stuff and wouldn't be disturbed by a cellphone. So to me it's not odd that she left her phone and purse.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

We dont know what all she had with her, ID wise (except we know NOT her hospital ID) she may have brought her drivers license in a pocket ( along with her keys) I do find it odd that she had that much cash on her (not suspicious, just odd. My own kids are just a bit younger than her and rarely carry cash , use their debit cards for everything. But then they would not have left without their cell phones either..)

I wonder if she has maybe stayed at the hotel before. Could this be a habit of hers? Would explain to me how comfortable she was being dropped off with no reservations. Getting a lift back on the hotel shuttle. SHe did not appear stressed about being left there with no ride back to her car. So she may have known she could get the shuttle driver to bring her back to her car. (if it were me, I would have been stressed, maybe start walking back, ask about a cab... but not just hop on the shuttle..)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cebee For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjjm54 View Post
    I just watched the surveillance video and several things come to mind. First of all, I believe LE is being very purposeful in what information they disclose and the timing. It seems to me that every 2-3 days, LE releases more information about the investigation. The information about Teleka trying to check into a hotel on the night she went missing was disclosed at least 5 days later. LE had to have known days prior to releasing that information to the public because the person who dropped her off at the hotel no doubt was interviewed early in the investigation. Teleka spoke to at least 3 employees at the hotel; 2 front desk people and the shuttle driver and yet there is no mention of the front desk employees being interviewed and their conversations with Teleka. I do remember reading that the shuttle driver was ruled out as a suspect.
    And I'm sure LE has obtained her cell phone records and know who called, text and/or emailed her prior to her disappearance and vice versa. I understand it is an ongoing investigation and LE definitely has much more information than is being made public. Also, what about the FBI? Are they only involved when minors go missing? It's unfortunate it took almost 2 weeks for her story to air nationally but happy to see it did .
    All I can say is Teleka has to be brilliant to have accomplished as much as she has at such a young age. She had a plan that night. Sadly, she didn't share what her plans were with any of the people who are close to her. Praying for safe return and for her family who loves her so much.
    I agree.

When watching the video, I realized two things:

- Why would a shuttle take her back to the hospital if she wasn't a guest? Why not just get a taxi? She must've have had some cash.

- There is another front-desk video camera at a different angle. A single photo has been released from that angle but not the video. I think the reason must be that you can see more of her face, perhaps the contents that she shows the clerk, etc. LE hasn't released it for a reason, IMO. Here's the snapshot - look how much more revealing it is than the other video:

http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette_imp...6508-large.jpg
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

The first year out of medical school is an internship, They do see patients The first year in residency they most certainly practice psychiatry if they are in a psychiatric residency. They have a supervising physician that they can call for a consult if needed but they are expected to practice on their own as much as possible. Its how they learn. I was married to a psychiatric resident. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I have to ask all the ladies in here a question. I hope I'm within the rules to ask this, but here it goes anyway....well actually first, let me say this. I'm a creature of habit when it comes to my wallet, my keys, and my phone. When I am outside of my house for any reason...even to check the mail, if I don't feel my wallet in my back pocket, if I don't feel my keys in my right front pocket, and if I don't feel my cell phone (and coins most of the time) in my left pocket, then I know something's not right. I'm very anal about that. I HAVE to feel all of the above, otherwise I'm back in the house to find it. Now with that said..

Is it that way with women? I mean I've had women in my life that accidentally left their purse, keys, or cell phone behind, I don't know how many times. Not ALL the time, but enough to be kind of used to it. Is it really that bizarre for her to leave her purse and cell behind? Is it possible that she carries around a couple of credit/debt cards around without a purse? Forgetting a cell phone...it happens. Anyway, any answer would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    I may occasionally forget my phone if I'm in a hurry but I would usually ALWAYS make sure I have: purse (wallet), phone, keys.. and probably about a zillion other things in my handbag. But not a great deal of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessWonder View Post
    She had two laptops in her home. She also had a personal cell phone. It seems like it would be redundant for her to have two laptops. Especially if both are working correctly. Could one laptop belong to a second person?
    Possibly, but I'm trying not to read too much into that since I live with one other person and at times we've had 4 laptops and a tablet between us. As well as smartphones. Maybe she just likes technology. Or, as someone else said, maybe she has a separate laptop for working from home or studying.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    Me too, very much so. It could be nothing, it could be everything.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alreetlike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post

Tenesha Patrick also says family wants to know more about a phone call Teleka received at work the day before she Disappeared, they say coworkers told them the call seemed to bother her

http://wwmt.com/news/features/featur...nce-4244.shtml

Who called her?

Why did she appear bothered?

Had TP made any "close" friends at work or were they all just acquaintances?

Was TP a private person who would not have shown any problems due to knowing how competitive residence programs are and knowing that any personal problems would be spread through the entire hospital.

I don't believe the "patient" theory. First year residents aren't allowed to practice psychiatry.

I have a problem with her wanting to go to a Radisson that is 5 to 10 minutes from her apartment.

Did someone call her and scare her the day before?

Someone gets a hotel room when they are that close to home because they are afraid to go home (for what ever reason, real or imagined). This may be a real fear or imagined.

Since she is a Psych resident I think the psychiatrist that she is working under probably would have noticed.

I think she may have been afraid. Maybe stalked by a stranger, or an ex.

Was there a stalker?
    BBM

That's also my opinion of why Teleka went to the hotel.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

Is it mentioned whether she had a work cell phone and a personal one? Or just one phone. It wouldn't be surprising if she left a work cell at the hospital.

I personally always make sure I've got my phone and my wallet on me. I think I've left my phone at work once in the last 4 years and it drove me crazy!

The only reasons I can think for trying to stay in a hotel near to work or home would be:
    - Meeting with a partner
    - Meeting with an online date
    - Meeting with a married man
    - Too scared to go home
    - Decorating / painting or broken appliance (like a boiler) at home.

I have issues with the first three ideas because she is not dressed for that. In fact I find the way she is dressed a bit strange, it's like she wants to go un noticed.

It wouldn't surprise me if she got a call from a distressed patient who spooked her. Surely LE will go through her patient list and try to rule them out as suspects?
    I work in a mental health centre with psychiatrists, social workers, support workers, psychologists etc I've over heard distressing phonecalls from patients threatening to self harm and it has disturbed their workers and sent them into panic.

If I were to receive a call from a patient who made a threat to me - to stalk me, follow me home, hurt me or even worse I might be inclined to put on disguising clothing and try to stay in a hotel room. However I would also tell my colleagues. So that doesn't add up, unless LE are witholding that information.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Project35 For This Useful Post:

It seems obvious that she didn't want anyone to connect her to that hotel. She tried to pay with cash. She didn't bring her car. It seems that there are three options. The first ls that someone was after her. It could have been a stalker, an angry lover or someone she owed money. The second option is that a cheating husband didn't want his spouse to connect her to the hotel. If someone believes a spouse is cheating, that person might follow her after work or might check parking lots at hotels near the hospital. The third option is that she was suffering from paranoia.

Whatever happened to her on the interstate was sudden. After all, she drive many miles with no one calling police to report erratic driving. Then, suddenly, she is driving erratically and her car goes off the road. I can't explain this. But I do know of a few nurses who use sleeping pills. I guess they feel they need them because of their weird schedules. Both of them have posted some weird stuff on Facebook after they have taken pills. There are also reports of people doing things like sleep walking while on these kinds of medications. I suppose someone could drive, too.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CluelessWonder For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    I was just googling. The news reports say 2 hours until her car was found.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ical_resi.html

...First Sgt. Al Williamson said Teleka Patrick’s gold 1997 Lexus ES300 was found at about 10:15 p.m. CST Thursday in a ditch on the north side of westbound I-94 near the Porter/Burns Harbor exit...

10:15 CST or 11:15 in Kalamazoo which is EST.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

My sister is a first year psychiatric resident. She has a personal computer and then a work one as well. HIPPA laws prevent them from being able to have private patient information on a computer for personal use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast