950 users online (192 members and 758 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Yosuke Onishi, 26, Mount St Helens, 26 Nov 2013

Yosuke Onishi

Search and rescue teams are looking for a 26 year old missing man from Japan, named Yosuke Onishi. On November 26th, 2013, Yosuke went out for a hike up Mount St. Helens (known as Lawetlat'la to the indigenous Cowlitz people, and Loowit to the Klickitat) in the state of Washington.

A woman staying in a hostel in Portland who hitchhiked with him to the Cougar area, stated Yosuke wanted to try and find a ride up Mount St. Helens. Later, Yosuke was spotted on November 27th, by The owner of the Lakeshore Store and Deli along with with two other people, a man with dark hair and a woman who appeared to be of Asian descent. That couple gave him a ride up the mountain.

Those 2 same people returned to the same store without Yosuke. They informed the store owner that they were concerned because Yosuke was "still up there". Numerous hikes have been made by climbers up the mountain, but no one has spotted Yoskue or any other stranded, injured or ill-equipped climbers.

Deputies are hope to identify the couple who gave Yosuke a ride up to the mountain on Nov. 27. If anyone knows them or anything about this case, call 360-577-3092.

Callers who wish to remain anonymous can call Cowlitz Crime Stoppers at 360-577-1206.

http://www.kptv.com/story/24128197/m...ount-st-helens
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

URGENT: Find the couple and question them!

I wonder if those places have cameras.
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Now new clues, but according to LE...
    Deputies looked at video footage from stores near Cougar, Wash., but have been unable to read the license plate of the vehicle that gave him a ride.
    Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/d...#ixzz2nBVwvNty
    Follow us: @KitsapSun on Twitter | KitsapNews on Facebook
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I wonder why they are not giving information on the make, model and color of the car. Just because they can't read the plate doesn't mean the rest of the info is not important.

The Whitney Heichel Memorial Garden
    Bringing "beauty and light into a place where
    there once was so much darkness"
    (Sasquatch, Websleuths member).

"In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.
    ― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book Of Tea

Search called off for missing Japanese hiker...

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/d...apanese-hiker/

Well at least the article gives a bit more info about the couple that gave him a ride:

"The couple had a white dog with them in their gray or light brown car."

Not a good time of year to be hiking on Mt. St. Helens. Hopefully his body will turn up in the spring.

Very sad. From his photo he looks like a nice young man.
    Last edited by La Louve; 12-12-2013 at 02:35 AM.

The Whitney Heichel Memorial Garden
    Bringing "beauty and light into a place where
    there once was so much darkness"
    (Sasquatch, Websleuths member).

"In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.
    ― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book Of Tea

Oh no, that's terrible that it was called off. He looks so nice in that picture How long does it take to get up/down? Does anyone else find it strange that the people who drive him were "concerned" about him yet still left him up there? Maybe there's more to the conversation that I missed but if not, why would they leave him up there if they know it's risky?

Does this break anyone else's heart? I'm so bummed out about this guy. I feel like he wasn't given a good enough search. We will probably never know who the couple was who was supposedly with him before he vanished.
    JMO.

Wow, he's been missing for a month already. Poor guy...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    Wow, he's been missing for a month already. Poor guy...

It's devastating. I feel like he's gone forever without a trace. And at 26 years old. It's a tragedy. :-(
    JMO.

No matter if the couple harmed him or he got lost somewhere out there and died, it is a tragedy. I hope there will be answers as to what happened to Yosuke soon.

I wonder if they took him up there, he went off and never returned. I have almost zero degree of suspicion on the couple- they DID express concern about him after all. If they had harmed him, why bother coming back and even mentioning him?

Still, it doesn't look like this will have a happy outcome.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

http://union-bulletin.com/news/2014/...y-tales-video/

Yosuke Onishi, 26, came to the U.S. from Saga Prefecture on the island of Kyushu, and he was traveling alone. This wasnt his first trip to the States or his first time mountaineering, but it was his first venture to Mount St. Helens, his family told police. He was traveling from hostel to hostel and would find people to travel with temporarily, including a woman he had met at a hostel a few days prior, said Detective Cory Robinson.

After borrowing snowshoes from an employee at the Lone Fir Resort in Cougar, he got a ride to the mountain early that morning from the Lakeside Country Store across the street. Although hes believed to have set out to hike the mountain from Climbers Bivouac, no one is certain where he started... Despite several attempts to identify and reach out to the couple, police never got in contact with them. Its likely the people who picked him up dont know hes missing, Robinson said...

Later, a woman who met Onishi at a hostel called police. He was supposed to call her when he got off the mountain and never did. At this time, we believe hes probably missing on the mountain, deceased, Robinson said.

If he took a designated hiking path, its likely another hiker will discover his remains when the snow melts. But, if he wandered from the trail or fell off of a ridge, his body may never be found.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...nt_st_hel.html

The search for a man who has been missing since November will resume Saturday morning on the southern flanks of Mount St. Helens...

Technical mountain search and rescue and K9 teams, as well as about 80 to 100 ground search and rescue personnel will start the search early Saturday morning. They will search about 18 square miles of "rugged" and "hazardous" terrain, according Undersheriff Dave Cox of the Skamania County Sheriff's Office.

The search is expected to last two days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast