885 users online (141 members and 744 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman Claws Her Way Out of Locked Bathroom as in ‘Shawshank Redemption’

“I couldn’t believe it,” she says, fighting back tears as she recounts the hours spent inside. “I felt hopelessness. I felt like I was going to die in there because of the anxiety I was feeling.”

more at link

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...nk-redemption/
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

That would be terrifying to me too. Good for her!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

She told her hubby she was about to leave to come home and eight hours later when she didn't show up and didn't answer her phone he still had not called police or come to look for her. Gee, honey! Thanks for caring!

He may have decided to go to bed and not wait up or fell asleep while he was waiting..

I am never going to the bathroom at work without my phone again!

Quote Originally Posted by toscaxyz View Post
    I am never going to the bathroom at work without my phone again!
    Or a hack saw, and a screw driver, wire cutters would be nice too. I do wonder how the door got locked.

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Or a hack saw, and a screw driver, wire cutters would be nice too. I do wonder how the door got locked.

Good point Elley Mae!

Bathrooms are supposed to lock from the inside so someone can't walk in on you from the outside. If it was locked in the inside she shouldn't have been able to open it when she reached through the hole in the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    She told her hubby she was about to leave to come home and eight hours later when she didn't show up and didn't answer her phone he still had not called police or come to look for her. Gee, honey! Thanks for caring!
    I disappear for hours at a time (usually I'm shopping, sometimes I'm visiting people, sometimes I just stay late at work). Occasionally I remember to phone my husband to tell him not to worry. Most of the time I don't. He would be calling the police every couple of weeks on me.

I can see why she would be anxious but there's nothing 'terrifying' or 'panic-inducing' about it. I hope those words aren't being used in consideration of a lawsuit. She was safe, sheltered, and presumably had access to water. Someone would've likely found her in the morning. I don't see anything to be terrified about. Hopefully she can laugh about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I can see why she would be anxious but there's nothing 'terrifying' or 'panic-inducing' about it. I hope those words aren't being used in consideration of a lawsuit. She was safe, sheltered, and presumably had access to water. Someone would've likely found her in the morning. I don't see anything to be terrified about. Hopefully she can laugh about it now.
    I agree with you completely, this really is just a desperate attempt at attention on her part to possibly bolster some sort of lawsuit. Not only did she have access to water, she had a toilet right there too, unlike the poor people who get stuck in elevators for hours at a time. She would have been let out the next morning a little hungry and a lot inconvenienced , but that would have been the extent of her "trauma."

I would be terrified locked alone in a bathroom! My handicapped adult daughter got her bedroom door jammed with her inside and she was in a panic. My husband tried for a half hour to get the door open or off and couldn't. I finally called police for help. While I was on the phone with police, my husband finally got the door open so they didn't have to send help.

I would have been fine. I would have just enjoyed the peace and quiet. However, this would have been horrible for someone with anxiety or a fear of such things.

Karen Perrin, a claustrophobic woman who found herself locked in a bathroom at work for over eight hours, recently decided to be her own knight in shining armor by smashing her way out of the bathroom bit by bit.

bbm

http://www.examiner.com/article/kare...ay-out-of-room

Words matter.