Woman Claws Her Way Out of Locked Bathroom as in ‘Shawshank Redemption’

That would be terrifying to me too. Good for her!

She told her hubby she was about to leave to come home and eight hours later when she didn't show up and didn't answer her phone he still had not called police or come to look for her. Gee, honey! Thanks for caring!

He may have decided to go to bed and not wait up or fell asleep while he was waiting..

I am never going to the bathroom at work without my phone again!

I am never going to the bathroom at work without my phone again!

Or a hack saw, and a screw driver, wire cutters would be nice too. I do wonder how the door got locked.

Or a hack saw, and a screw driver, wire cutters would be nice too. I do wonder how the door got locked.

Good point Elley Mae!

Bathrooms are supposed to lock from the inside so someone can't walk in on you from the outside. If it was locked in the inside she shouldn't have been able to open it when she reached through the hole in the wall.

She told her hubby she was about to leave to come home and eight hours later when she didn't show up and didn't answer her phone he still had not called police or come to look for her. Gee, honey! Thanks for caring!

I disappear for hours at a time (usually I'm shopping, sometimes I'm visiting people, sometimes I just stay late at work). Occasionally I remember to phone my husband to tell him not to worry. Most of the time I don't. He would be calling the police every couple of weeks on me.

I can see why she would be anxious but there's nothing 'terrifying' or 'panic-inducing' about it. I hope those words aren't being used in consideration of a lawsuit. She was safe, sheltered, and presumably had access to water. Someone would've likely found her in the morning. I don't see anything to be terrified about. Hopefully she can laugh about it now.

I can see why she would be anxious but there's nothing 'terrifying' or 'panic-inducing' about it. I hope those words aren't being used in consideration of a lawsuit. She was safe, sheltered, and presumably had access to water. Someone would've likely found her in the morning. I don't see anything to be terrified about. Hopefully she can laugh about it now.

I agree with you completely, this really is just a desperate attempt at attention on her part to possibly bolster some sort of lawsuit. Not only did she have access to water, she had a toilet right there too, unlike the poor people who get stuck in elevators for hours at a time. She would have been let out the next morning a little hungry and a lot inconvenienced , but that would have been the extent of her "trauma."

I would be terrified locked alone in a bathroom! My handicapped adult daughter got her bedroom door jammed with her inside and she was in a panic. My husband tried for a half hour to get the door open or off and couldn't. I finally called police for help. While I was on the phone with police, my husband finally got the door open so they didn't have to send help.

I would have been fine. I would have just enjoyed the peace and quiet. However, this would have been horrible for someone with anxiety or a fear of such things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back