Things the rams may have fixed that were never needed/noticed

pageantmom

Reaction score
The thread about the American girl doll got me wondering.

IF the duct tape came from the back of an American girl doll, and then obviously the doll had to be disposed of to get rid of evidence, and a new one had to be re-ordered JUST IN CASE THE COPS FIGURED IT OUT AND ASKED TO SEE THE DOLL, THEY NEEDED A REPLACEMENT DOLL READY AND WAITING.

However, the cops never went down this route, did they?
If the doll's duct tape WAS used in the murder, the cops either never figured that out or never connected the clues.

This got me thinking....what else might the Ramsey's have done "just in case".

What other things might they have fixed or altered or bought brand new, just in case the cops may have gone down that route?

Do you think there was any fixing, staging, planning that they did that ended up being "unneeded" or "unnecessary"?

Maybe the flashlight? When (if ever) was it taken into evidence?

the staging of the discovery of the RN was way overdone. spreading the pages out on the stair allowed reading it without touching it, although it created the pesky detail of stepping over it while descending a spiral staircase

touching it would be the most natural thing in the world for an innocent person to do but PR couldn't stay on script. first she didn't touch it, then she did. first she left it where she found it, then she took it upstairs (er, she pounced and bounded upstairs with it). the only way she stayed on script was saying she didn't read the entire note. again, the most natural thing in the world to do but her mind wouldn't rest on the issue of distancing herself from it

JR attempted distancing in a lesser but extremely odd way. he said he placed the note on the floor to read it, he didn't hold it in his hands or place it on a countertop. he chose to get down on the hallway floor on his hands and knees to take advantage of the lighting but if he read it standing up he could "go to the light." the odd part has him doing this in his underwear, yet we know he didn't have time to go upstairs and get dressed and come down again by the time LEO French arrived

something happened while he was wearing his underwear but it wasn't reading the RN his wife wrote: some truth in every lie

They could have put garland in JonBenet's hair to make it look like she was carried down the stairs.

They could have put garland in JonBenet's hair to make it look like she was carried down the stairs.

Why, though? What would that add to it? There was also fake greenery all over the wine cellar floor- the room was used to store fake Christmas trees and other Christmas decorations. In a crime photo of the closed winecellar door, there is an artificial Christmas "spray" or wall hanging on the wall right next to the door. JB could have picked up those bits of green in her hair anywhere down there. I am sure some of those tiny green needles were all over the carpeted area of the basement, too. And many believe she was placed on that carpeted area near the paint tote while the cord was applied.

Can I just say I intend to refer to them as "the Rams" from here on out?

Can I just say I intend to refer to them as "the Rams" from here on out?

Lol the reason I did that is, I didn't know how long it would allow me to make the title of the thread. I'll admit it was a funny way to shorten their name, I could have just put "the R's". Lol. Now I like the sound of the Rams too lol

Why, though? What would that add to it? There was also fake greenery all over the wine cellar floor- the room was used to store fake Christmas trees and other Christmas decorations. In a crime photo of the closed winecellar door, there is an artificial Christmas "spray" or wall hanging on the wall right next to the door. JB could have picked up those bits of green in her hair anywhere down there. I am sure some of those tiny green needles were all over the carpeted area of the basement, too. And many believe she was placed on that carpeted area near the paint tote while the cord was applied.

I guess I was thinking garland matching that on the stairs, and more pliable than those hanging on the wall of the basement. It probably only proves that JonBenet was lying on the floor, no body activity caused it to fall out, and maybe had it there before the hair was put into a ponytail. It always seemed odd for only one piece of garland to have been found in the hair, but not on the clothes or blanket. At least not reported.

IIRC, wasn't an American Girl doll sent to JR's office?

I have a horrible memory for these things...but wasn't JR's robe or something left in the office? For a man who normally picked up after himself, I think this would be strange.

I have a horrible memory for these things...but wasn't JR's robe or something left in the office? For a man who normally picked up after himself, I think this would be strange.

deca, I used to think John left his robe in the room downstairs past the kitchen, and that did seem very odd. Then I learned that that was the family room, and JR's office was up on the top floor, next to his bathroom, so his robe left there no longer seemed sinister.

I guess I was thinking garland matching that on the stairs, and more pliable than those hanging on the wall of the basement. It probably only proves that JonBenet was lying on the floor, no body activity caused it to fall out, and maybe had it there before the hair was put into a ponytail. It always seemed odd for only one piece of garland to have been found in the hair, but not on the clothes or blanket. At least not reported.

That's the thing- the fake needles in her hair were never matched to specific artificial greens in the house- the stair garland, artificial trees, or other fake greens. Fake trees shed too, as do all artificial garlands, etc. She was placed under the artificial tree in the living room as well as being in the wine cellar where the artificial trees and other decorations were stored. And these could have been tracked all over the house anyway. I am sure, even in 1997, that the needles could have been matched to some specific item, and the first one I would try would have been the stair garland for the simple reason that it would have indicated whether she was carried down those stairs. If you imagine the position you'd hold an unconscious child, you can then envision how she got those needles in her hair. It would be unlikely to have happened if she had walked down the stairs. But I do not think anyone tried to match them.

the staging of the discovery of the RN was way overdone. spreading the pages out on the stair allowed reading it without touching it, although it created the pesky detail of stepping over it while descending a spiral staircase

touching it would be the most natural thing in the world for an innocent person to do but PR couldn't stay on script. first she didn't touch it, then she did. first she left it where she found it, then she took it upstairs (er, she pounced and bounded upstairs with it). the only way she stayed on script was saying she didn't read the entire note. again, the most natural thing in the world to do but her mind wouldn't rest on the issue of distancing herself from it

JR attempted distancing in a lesser but extremely odd way. he said he placed the note on the floor to read it, he didn't hold it in his hands or place it on a countertop. he chose to get down on the hallway floor on his hands and knees to take advantage of the lighting but if he read it standing up he could "go to the light." the odd part has him doing this in his underwear, yet we know he didn't have time to go upstairs and get dressed and come down again by the time LEO French arrived

something happened while he was wearing his underwear but it wasn't reading the RN his wife wrote: some truth in every lie

I believe the note was on the floor because that's where it was written.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back