Where was JB murdered?

Anyhoo

Former Member
Reaction score
In this thread we discuss opinions about where JBR was murdered. Many people are under the impression that JB was killed in the same room her body was found in, but I don't believe that to be the case. I think her body was moved there after she was dead because that was the most convenient place to put her body. It is very possible IMO that JR placed her body there with the blanket over it (not saying he was the one who killed her). I have always had the impression that it was him who put the blanket over her. I cannot see PR or BR or an intruder doing that. It just is evident to me he would do that, and that fits hand in glove with him knowing where the body was to be able to "discover it" when Linda Arndt told him to search the house again. I very strongly believe this to be true. This also goes against JR being the actual killer. What it implies is that he was in damage control mode, trying to make the best of a horrible situation and to not let any more bad things happen and to minimize the consequences of what had happened. It implies his way to do that was through lying and staging, because he believed that telling the truth about what had happened would lead to other things possibly even worse than the death of his daughter.

Knowing where she was killed could offer insights into who killed her and why. Where do you think JB was killed and what leads you to think that?

I think JB was moved to the wine cellar because the wine cellar was sort of the deepest, darkest recesses of the house, the place to hide something.

I still think it's possible the were going to hide her body in the safe under the floor of the wine cellar but after looking at it realized it would not be large enough.

I think she may have been killed while something untoward was going on in the laundry room or in the train room.

I don't...have much of a theory.....I don't know...I don't really think B did it, it's possible I guess but I just don't think he did....if he did then I think it was a different scenario than what I'm imagining...

What I imagine is that it was a parent, or another adult they knew and invited into their home that night, and I think something indecent was being done that ended badly, and although they were all aware/involved in what was being done, none of them expected it to end in her death.

I think downstairs, probably in the kitchen. Where ever the pineapple was originally. I don't think the kids snuck downstairs, but were still up, and there was an argument over food, messing with someone else's stuff, or correction from an adult for getting into the basement wrapped gifts. Possibly for getting into the big panties. Something interrupted snack time.
Edited to add: then moved to basement where the cord was applied, resulting in death.

I think she the head bash occurred in the basement somewhere and then she was moved to the wine cellar and strangled with the ligature.

I think there were these six possible venues:

• JB's bedroom
  • BR's bedroom
  • JB's bathroom
  • Kitchen
  • Game room
  • Wine Cellar

• BR may have visited JB in her bedroom and started to play their "touching game." He either hurt her, making her scream, or she didn't want to play, making him angry, he slaps at her, making her scream -- thus the head bash. The scream woke the elder R's and the panic & staging began.

• JB went to BR's bedroom to sleep, and he didn't want her there, she wouldn't leave, or perhaps they started playing the touching game -- either way, it got physical, then the scream, head bash, waking the 'rents. Then staging.

• As I've said before, PR sees that JB has wet or soiled her underwear when she changes her clothes for bed. PR is angry & takes JB to the bathroom to wash up that night instead of in the morning due to the early trip. JB doesn't want to take a bath and they fight and JB screams when PR slaps her; or her mother hurts her "down there" during the bath, she screams, tries to get away. JB either dodges the slap or the slap is hard enuff to knock her down against the tub or against the tile wall, and her head gets bashed. Or JB dodges the slap or tries to get away from PR after she hurt JB, and JB slips and falls & hits the side of the tub, hard, and bashes her head. Panic & staging by the elders.

• In the kitchen, there's a fight between BR & JB over the pineapple and BR goes after JB with the flashlight, she screams, then the head bash with the flashlight. The 'rents hear the scream, finds them, and they begin staging after they banish BR to his bedroom.

• The kids go down to the basement, BR holding the flashlight, to either play the "doggie in the leash" game in the game room or to check out the wrapped presents in the wine cellar. Something happens, they fight, BR goes after her with the flashlight & she screams, then the head bash. In the game room, BR holds the leash too tightly & she passes out, and BR is still angry & chokes her with the cord; or BR makes a leash and strangles her just for a lark after he has bashed her head. BR either leaves her in the WC or drags her in there & covers her with the blanket from the big dryer.
No intruder, and staging by either both or one of 'rents or by BR alone.

I don't know which one is most likely, but with all that, who needs an intruder's help?

All JMHO.

If LE discovered a urine stain on the carpet/pad just outside the wine cellar door as many have long speculated, then it seems logical to surmise JonBenet died @ that location:
a. If true.
b. If sourced to JB.
c. If determined to be "fresh".

If LE discovered a urine stain on the carpet/pad just outside the wine cellar door as many have long speculated, then it seems logical to surmise JonBenet died @ that location:
a. If true.
b. If sourced to JB.
c. If determined to be "fresh".

Oh I hadn't heard about that yet. That's interesting.

I think the head bash and at least part of the staging happened in her bedroom. But I think she didn't actually DIE until she was down in the basement.

I think the head bash and at least part of the staging happened in her bedroom. But I think she didn't actually DIE until she was down in the basement.

I agree 100%

I think the same as Super Dave and Chelly. It's so sad and frustrating that another anniversary of her death is almost here and no one has been punished for this awful crime .

I agree with SD, Chelly, Cubbeegirl. The photo of JB’s little child hand with the heart drawing is heartbreaking and reminds that this was just a little bitty girl. She was laid by a Christmas tree, and the family left; reporter CB waited outside her home until the coroner staff removed her body. And the footnote, noone was ever tried for any of it

This is what I believe as well. I also think that she was taken to the basement perhaps because of Mrs. Santa Claus' play/book regarding the true story about Sylvia Likens as part of the staging.

This is what I believe as well. I also think that she was taken to the basement perhaps because of Mrs. Santa Claus' play/book regarding the true story about Sylvia Likens as part of the staging.

Can you talk more about this? I'm not sure what you mean. Haven't heard any of this before but am very interested.

Can you talk more about this? I'm not sure what you mean. Haven't heard any of this before but am very interested.

Hi pageantmon, I do not believe the McReynolds had anything to do with what happened to JonBenet. However, to answer your question, I have provided some links.

Another parallel is an award-winning play written by Janet McReynolds in 1976. The play, "Hey Rube," is about the sexual assault, torture and murder of a girl whose body was found in a basement.

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/03/03-1.html

Some notes from the link:
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-mcreynolds-family.htm

• John Ramsey suggested BMcR as Santa fed JonBenet pineapple while he drank tea the night she was murdered. He also suggested that S.B. T. C. stood for "Santa Bill Janet Claus."
  • JMcR went with her husband to the Ramsey 1996 Christmas party because he was just getting over major bypass heart surgery.
  • Twenty-two years prior to 12/26/74, JMcR's daughter was kidnapped. JMcR said the R's invited them to JonBenet's funeral memorial.

I have always believed the initial head bash took place in the bathroom, largely by accident, from a stressed-out and tired PR and a squirmy tired kid. The staging, however, has never made an ounce of sense to me.

I think there were these six possible venues:

• JB's bedroom
  • BR's bedroom
  • JB's bathroom
  • Kitchen
  • Game room
  • Wine Cellar

• BR may have visited JB in her bedroom and started to play their "touching game." He either hurt her, making her scream, or she didn't want to play, making him angry, he slaps at her, making her scream -- thus the head bash. The scream woke the elder R's and the panic & staging began.

• JB went to BR's bedroom to sleep, and he didn't want her there, she wouldn't leave, or perhaps they started playing the touching game -- either way, it got physical, then the scream, head bash, waking the 'rents. Then staging.

• As I've said before, PR sees that JB has wet or soiled her underwear when she changes her clothes for bed. PR is angry & takes JB to the bathroom to wash up that night instead of in the morning due to the early trip. JB doesn't want to take a bath and they fight and JB screams when PR slaps her; or her mother hurts her "down there" during the bath, she screams, tries to get away. JB either dodges the slap or the slap is hard enuff to knock her down against the tub or against the tile wall, and her head gets bashed. Or JB dodges the slap or tries to get away from PR after she hurt JB, and JB slips and falls & hits the side of the tub, hard, and bashes her head. Panic & staging by the elders.

• In the kitchen, there's a fight between BR & JB over the pineapple and BR goes after JB with the flashlight, she screams, then the head bash with the flashlight. The 'rents hear the scream, finds them, and they begin staging after they banish BR to his bedroom.

• The kids go down to the basement, BR holding the flashlight, to either play the "doggie in the leash" game in the game room or to check out the wrapped presents in the wine cellar. Something happens, they fight, BR goes after her with the flashlight & she screams, then the head bash. In the game room, BR holds the leash too tightly & she passes out, and BR is still angry & chokes her with the cord; or BR makes a leash and strangles her just for a lark after he has bashed her head. BR either leaves her in the WC or drags her in there & covers her with the blanket from the big dryer.
No intruder, and staging by either both or one of 'rents or by BR alone.

I don't know which one is most likely, but with all that, who needs an intruder's help?

All JMHO.
what touching game.. the kid was 9 lol 9 or 10 no touching no nothing.. the kid play with playmobile and lego.. what touching game??
<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla