834 users online (190 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

HI - Kirk Passmore, 32, Haleiwa, 11 December 2013

Kirk Passmore

HALEIWA, Hawaii —Rescue crews were back out Thursday morning searching for a 32-year-old Kirk Passmore who was last seen in waters off Oahu's North Shore. Witnesses say they saw Passmore in distress at Alligator Rock in Haleiwa at around 11:20 a.m. Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/sear...#ixzz2nOCz5UtP
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Long Beach, California
    Awww! I hope they recover his body- for the sake of his family- it won't be pretty however, so the thought of that for his mom and dad make me sad. He died doing what he loved and was a very experienced big wave surfer. He was a good friend of my nephews. My nephew participated in the paddle out memorial for Kirk here in Carlsbad. They grew up together and surfed together until Kirk left for BYU- even that they had in common as our family is Mormon (although Zoe and I are not). I have a beautiful picture of the paddle out on my facebook page. RIP Kirk- you were very loved!

This case came to my mind today. I assume they haven't recovered Kirk's body.

From 11/24/2013
    Family, friends remember local surfer: Paddle out held in memory of Kirk Passmore
    CARLSBAD, Calif. - Friends and family members of a local surfer who was lost at sea held a paddle out at Carlsbad State Beach on Saturday in his memory.

Kirk Passmore, 32, died while surfing a huge wave off the coast of Hawaii.

Seeing that circle of his loved ones in the ocean remembering him...just beautiful. RIP Kirk.