CA CA - Sonoma, Skeletal Remains Found by Divers in Lake Sonoma, Dec'13

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SONOMA, Calif. -- Divers and an underwater robot are searching Lake Sonoma Tuesday afternoon after a recreational diver reported seeing possible human remains in the water on Friday, according to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office.

The unidentified diver told the sheriff's office that he saw what looked like human remains in 95 feet of water near the Lake Sonoma bridge.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/north_bay&id=9355949

Foster Cooksey was last seen in Lake Sonoma

cooksey_foster.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooksey_foster.html

Oh, that poor family. Imagine waiting 21 years.

I hope somebody gets answers and it's not an unidentified person. Somebody's family is hoping it is, while also hoping it's not...

Based on where the bones were discovered, the Coroner’s Office believes they belong to a person whose vehicle was found parked on the bridge 21 years ago, engine running, Stashyn said.

The missing person’s name, gender and city of residence will not be released until the remains are identified, Stashyn said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140213/articles/140219779

Sounds like Foster Cooksey

cooksey_foster.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooksey_foster.html

No. I'm sure they already knew who the local MP's are.

Ah, okay.

Sorry about that! I didn't realize I sounded so snippy until I checked the thread again and reread my post.

Are you familiar with Lake Sonoma, by any chance? The pictures of it make it look huge and it's just surprising that any skeletal remains would be found after one year, let alone twenty-one years sitting at the bottom of that lake.

Ah, okay.

Sorry about that! I didn't realize I sounded so snippy until I checked the thread again and reread my post.

Are you familiar with Lake Sonoma, by any chance? The pictures of it make it look huge and it's just surprising that any skeletal remains would be found after one year, let alone twenty-one years sitting at the bottom of that lake.

I didn't take your question as snippy, and I hope my response didn't sound that way. I usually don't call in local MP's as possible matches because I know these people are the first ones that the local authorities look to when trying to identify a UID.

Foster Cooksey's Charley page and Doenet page are still up, but his California DOJ page returns an error.

There's no Namus page for the remains. I didn't find any news articles to indicate either way about an identification.

I think these links were all posted before. I see that though the remains were found in December 2012, they weren't recovered until February of 2013.

Skeletal remains pulled from Lake Sonoma

Search for remains in Lake Sonoma to resume Wednesday or Thursday

Lake Sonoma remains may belong to missing person

There's no further article and the remains aren't entered in Namus. All of Foster Cooksey's missing person page are still up so I guess it wasn't him.

No change at all. The only thing I can think is that they're having trouble extracting DNA from the aged bones to confirm the identification.

Foster Cooksey's Charley page and Doenet page are still up, but his California DOJ page returns an error.

There's no Namus page for the remains. I didn't find any news articles to indicate either way about an identification.
I entered him into NamUs in 2013... and his case is still listed as pending with them.

I entered him into NamUs in 2013... and his case is still listed as pending with them.

You entered the unidentified remains into NamUs?

If still pending, I wonder if that means law enforcement is not responding to NamUs to allow the entry to go forward OR if it could mean it's listed but LE has opted to not make it visible to the public. (I've seen comments that some cases on NamUs are not visible to the public.)
?

You entered the unidentified remains into NamUs?

If still pending, I wonder if that means law enforcement is not responding to NamUs to allow the entry to go forward OR if it could mean it's listed but LE has opted to not make it visible to the public. (I've seen comments that some cases on NamUs are not visible to the public.)
?
No, I entered Foster Cooksey into NamUs in 2013. I just found out that his profile has been made publicly viewable after 8 years. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sonoma County missing person cases

Foster Cooksey was last seen on March 19, 1994 at Lake Sonoma. He was born in 1943 and described as 6-foot-2, 189 pounds with brown hair and black eyes. Anyone with information about Cooksey’s location is asked to call the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office at 707-565-2204 and reference case number 940319010.

upload_2021-10-4_11-37-3.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back