WV WV - James Mathis, 37, Huntington, 13 Dec 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
James Darren Mathis

37 year-old James Darren Mathis was last seen by family members 9 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013. Investigators say Cabell County 911 dispatchers received the call at 2:14 a.m. on Friday Dec. 13, 2013 of a suspicious or abandoned vehicle on the 31st Street bridge. They began their investigation after noticing that no one was in the car. The car belongs to Mathis. He hasn't been seen since.

Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 145 lbs.
He is a white male with graying hair. No photo available.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/24218778/second-man-reported-missing-from-huntington-wv
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Man-Reported-Missing-Car-Found-on--235822361.html

There is no indication from police in the news release that this missing persons case is related to a case involving Randy Paul Martin. He was also reported missing on Friday, Dec. 13, 2013 in Huntington, WV. Police are investigating that case as well.
Quote is from the first link in the OP..

Interesting that now there are actually two men "missing" from overnight/early morning hours..and according to the LE press release referred to in the article, they believe the two missing men's cases are not connected, and totally unrelated..

We are headed to Huntington, WV next week for the holidays.. I've gotta go ask hubby if he knows either of these guys because atleast the one who is named in the OP is definitely in our age group..

Quote is from the first link in the OP..

Interesting that now there are actually two men "missing" from overnight/early morning hours..and according to the LE press release referred to in the article, they believe the two missing men's cases are not connected, and totally unrelated..

We are headed to Huntington, WV next week for the holidays.. I've gotta go ask hubby if he knows either of these guys because atleast the one who is named in the OP is definitely in our age group..

I was just about to comment on that as well. The other guy's name is Randy Paul Martin II. http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Huntington-Man-Reported-Missing-235632951.html
2 people within days of each other.

7emymema.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/ResqWv?id=535637353123967&_rdr
They now have a photo of 37yo, James Darren Mathis on the Huntington EMS-Fire-Rescue Facebook page(linked to under photo)

Also interesting(tho, unrelated) is the fact that there was a man in Shoop's Bar that opened fire on other bar patrons.. The bouncer who had a CWP shot and killed the shooter.. Likely saving lives in his quick response to the shooter opening fire inside the bar.. The full info is in the latest FB post on the EMT-Fire-Rescue FB page I linked under the photo..

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

:tantrum: I haven't figure out the art of making maps just yet...BUT, if you do a google map of Kentucky St, Huntington, WV (where the articles say that Randy Paul Martin II lives/was last seen - no exact house number) and enter in Shoney's, Washington Avenue, Huntington (where Mr. Martin's vehicle was found) and then enter in 31st Street, Huntington, WV (where James Darren Mathis's car was found)....it will show that the 2 vehicles were found on the same stretch of road, 2 bridges apart, and about the same proximity from the Ohio River.

2 men missing within the same week and a few days apart... Coincidence? :dunno: I wonder why LE is so quick to dismiss the two disappearances as 'unrelated'?

...just me thinking out loud... :moo:

I found it interesting that two men are missing from the same area in relatively the same time period.

Praying that both are found soon and safely.

What the heck! Two missing men in the same small town within the same week!!

:tantrum: I haven't figure out the art of making maps just yet...BUT, if you do a google map of Kentucky St, Huntington, WV (where the articles say that Randy Paul Martin II lives/was last seen - no exact house number) and enter in Shoney's, Washington Avenue, Huntington (where Mr. Martin's vehicle was found) and then enter in 31st Street, Huntington, WV (where James Darren Mathis's car was found)....it will show that the 2 vehicles were found on the same stretch of road, 2 bridges apart, and about the same proximity from the Ohio River.

2 men missing within the same week and a few days apart... Coincidence? :dunno: I wonder why LE is so quick to dismiss the two disappearances as 'unrelated'?

Aunt_B...is this what you mean?

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...7n8Wk2-FFiDEDtaqchtGuEA&oq=31&t=h&mra=ls&z=15

BBM I don't know, maybe there is a good reason why they believe the disappearances are not connected. But I remain skeptical of HPD. From my personal experience with HPD, they make me feel like this-- :facepalm:

It seems that media outlets aren't covering this man's disappearance at all. No family members circulating flyers. No interviews. No friends crying out for help. Nothing.

What gives?

He looks like a sociable person in this photo. Where are his loved ones?

I noticed that Darren looks like he's wearing a wedding ring in that photo. Maybe we'll hear something from his wife or partner soon?

I wonder if they have checked under the bridge where Darren's car was found?

Family and Friends Search for Missing Man in Proctorville and Huntington

Family members, friends and strangers came together Saturday in Proctorville and Huntington to search for Mathis, gathering in a grocery store parking lot before the sun came up.

His wife of eight years, Lisa, told WSAZ.com she last saw him on Thursday, December 12 about 9 p.m. when the couple was going to bed. When she woke up at 1:30 a.m., Darren wasn’t there.

Lisa said she figured he had gone to the store because he hadn’t been sleeping well recently, but that he left his wallet and phone at home.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...in-Proctorville-and-Huntington-236877081.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back