Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausgirl

Reaction score
Hobbs is a great suspect for some very good reasons, and while there's already several threads here regarding him, I thought it would be good to include him in this little series of posts outlining who the best suspects are and ---why exactly-- these people are still relevant as suspects in these murders.

PLEASE NOTE: It's not really the place for hot debate and endless quibbling -- there's many other threads for that. I am after here, a collection of reasons why Hobbs IS a good suspect -- please refrain from derailing it.

I also ask folks to stick to known facts and logical conclusions drawn from evidence.

Anyway, I realise there's people here who have researched Hobbs far more deeply than I have, so to them I give the floor, except for this brief, initial list that, IMO, makes him a good suspect:

-- Terry Hobbs is, indisputably, capable of inflicting extreme violence on the people around him.

-- Hobbs' alibi is not a strong one.

-- The hair in the knot of a victim other than his own step-son.

IMO he is the suspect with the strongest motive:Stevie did not come home when he was supposed to,it is factual that Hobbs would beat Stevie....

Before Hobbs the supporters were sure the suspect/killer was

Bojangles

Mark Byers and Melissa Byers

Now it's Terry Hobbs

Who is next???

We will have to wait yet for another movie to find out, oh the suspense of it all.

I don't have a problem with discussing TH, but I find it interesting in other threads we can't even discuss people that have not been labeled suspects. TH has never been declared a suspect. Why the exception in this case?

I don't have a problem with discussing TH, but I find it interesting in other threads we can't even discuss people that have not been labeled suspects. TH has never been declared a suspect. Why the exception in this case?

Good question because I consider him a victim because he was the step-father of the murdered child and the police are not investigating him.

It's the supporters who are accusing and investigating him.

I think it's dangerous to allow this to happen. What if a deranged supporter actually believes that Hobbs is responsible and does something to him. They have harassed him even at his place of employment.

Exactly. The supporters are accusing and investigating him, but the police are not. So, why is it allowed?

Other threads have been shutdown simply because users implied family members were suspects. Anyone used to follow the Holly Bobo thread.

Hobbs is being discussed because there is evidence that points to him (he's violent, has no real alibi and has rvidence linking him to the crime. No he shouldn't be harassed at his workplace. But do to statistics indicating that step parents are among the most likely culprits he SHOULd have been a suspect. Given that parents step parents or friends of the family are responsible Hobbs should have been made a suspect; todd moore had a verifiable alibi placing him out of town so he was clear. But in general the wmpd should have focused in parents step parents and those close to the family and then moved on to someone else. That they didn't is simply bad police work

Good question because I consider him a victim because he was the step-father of the murdered child and the police are not investigating him.

It's the supporters who are accusing and investigating him.

Is the fact that he was the stepfather of Stevie the only reason you consider him a victim? The police investigated Byers and he is the father of one of the victims. It might not necessarily be relevant to this thread, but do you believe Hobbs was a good father to Stevie? Do you believe he is a good man?

It isn't just supporters who are investigating him. JMB and Pam Hicks and her family also believe he may have had something to do with the murders. Pam had Terry's name removed from Stevie's gravestone. I think that speaks volumes about the relationship he had with his stepson, and not just because Pam and Terry divorced.

I think this righteous indignation is a bit out of place in this particular thread. Aus didn't start this thread out saying she believes Terry Hobbs is the killer. It's merely a viable suspect thread, the same as the ones she started about Damian Echols and James Kenny Martin. I can see how believers in the guilt of the WM3 could be angered by what they perceive to be character assassination, however, that isn't what Aus is doing and it's not the purpose of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say it was character assassination. I don't have a problem discussing him or anyone else as a suspect. I think he should have been a suspect. I don't think he is a nice man.

It is my understanding according to the websleuths terms we are not suppose to discuss people as suspects that have not been named suspects by the police. I have seen other threads completely shutdown when users questioned the actions of family members. Just wondering why the exception for this case.

Pam Hicks and Mark Byers are not going to go any further with this case as noted in this article. I agree with the article,
The finger pointing turned into a circus March 27.

There is a video on this link also with the phone message Byers left for Jacoby.

Jacoby urges judge to throw out unfound claims

Updated: Apr 08, 2013

<<snipped>>

"The money out there for the reward is probably behind a lot of this, but we'll just have to wait and see," Jacoby said.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...dge-to-throw-out-unfound-claims#axzz2nHcHvxB8

at the bottom of the article it says the parents will not continue with this CIVIL lawsuit because their questions have been answered.

The police investigated Byers and he is the father of one of the victims.
Right, and that's surely because during the door to door questioning Bobby Posey reported "Chris said daddy whipped him + was going to run away... Chris left + dad came to door + asked Carlos where Chris on Goodwin + Dad stated going to have to whip him again" and police would've been remiss not to follow that potential lead, particuarly given the fact that Byers had been arrested for conspiracy to commit felony cocaine distribution while carrying a dangerous weapon less than a year prior to the murders. Granted, the police should've gotten a timeline on record for Hobbs just in case evidence was uncovered to justify investigating him, but there was never any evidence to justify police putting any other parent under the same scrutiny as Byers was, Hobbs or otherwise.

ug...

Moving on..

The hair in the knot is a big deal. A very big deal. That and that he lied about seeing the kids that day.

Those are big deals for me.

PLEASE NOTE: It's not really the place for hot debate and endless quibbling -- there's many other threads for that. I am after here, a collection of reasons why Hobbs IS a good suspect -- please refrain from derailing it.

How much clearer do I need to be?

If you think the thread is inappropriate, don't derail it by complaining, please -- flag it or something. Jeez. But there's endless threads mentioning Hobbs, so best you flag those too.

Whatever -- Hobbs IS a viable suspect, and for good reasons. Like the DNA in the knot.

What I am attempting here --and hopefully without a square ton of quibbly BS -- is gather together all the reasons WHY.

He didn't bother to tell Pam that Stevie was missing until he picked her up after her shift was over. No phone call, nothing. That alone makes me give him the side-eye.

I found it most peculiar and out of character for the parent of a missing child that he was purportedly out looking for his step-son (while failing to notify the child's mother he is missing.. good point), but then went off to a friend's house to play guitar for an hour.

I found it most peculiar and out of character for the parent of a missing child that he was purportedly out looking for his step-son (while failing to notify the child's mother he is missing.. good point), but then went off to a friend's house to play guitar for an hour.

I understood that she hadn't been at work very long and he was just looking for the boy.

When it got serious she was notified.

Where does it say that he played guitar for an hour - fact or rumor?

I understood that she hadn't been at work very long and he was just looking for the boy.

When it got serious she was notified.

No. A child is missing you call his mother asap. Not wait until she is done her shift. Never.

No. A child is missing you call his mother asap. Not wait until she is done her shift. Never.

I never said wait, you are misunderstanding.

Example: I cannot find my child, (he is hiding under the bed), do I call his mother at work or do I go look around for him?

See what I mean???

I never said wait, you are misunderstanding.

Example: I cannot find my child, (he is hiding under the bed), do I call his mother at work or do I go look around for him?

See what I mean???

No. Because he was not home hiding under the bed. AS someone whose child went missing even for a short time, You don't wait if you are a parent. And you especially don't wait to tell the mother. You call her first..

" Hey Pam, Stevie did not come home yet.. Any idea where he may be? "

Then leave it up to her, She may say, Try so and so and call me back.

But you don't not call the mother. It is not like he was in the house. He Knew that he was out of the house. That is a whole other ball game.

David Jacoby's statements put Hobbs at DJ's house for a period of time.. he did mention an hour. DJ's statements seem to shift a lot, so I find them not very believable as far as details go. But the one point on which he is consistent is that Hobbs went to his house that evening.

Here's a good post summarising DJ's various statements:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9299537&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - David Jacoby Statements[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie