612 users online (62 members and 550 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1014
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    OK; it is reasonable to assume the draft would close the door shut, yes.

    But considering the size of the cottage, and the visibility of the doors from the LR area, it is odd that the broken window would not be discovered earlier, or told earlier in the first phonecalls (and to Filomena of course).
    I don't agree.
    After seeing the video of the configuration of the living room I'd say that you won't see inside Filomena's room unless you stand right in front of her door. Also, you won't notice the broken window unless you fully open the door which swings to the inside and right.


    I know it seems a trifle, but it is one of those details that crosses the mind.

    I am just surprised to find Crini focusing on just this fact. All is grist for the mill.
    There are no stars in moon landing photos and some people claim the shadows are all wrong. Crini's approach doesn't surprise me at all. What is the prosecution supposed to do when they are given a case with no solid evidence and no sensible scenario.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Then you have RSs saying the door was wide open

    From his translated prison diary
    "As soon as we arrived inside the house, I left the mop in the entrance and I went towards the other rooms so I could see what the hell had happened. I remember those moments well because I was agitated and alarmed. I think I saw Amanda take the mop bucket and carry it to another room (it cannot be inferred from the text, but the mop was apparently brought back to Meredith’s and Amanda’s house). The first thing I noticed was that Filomena’s (called Molli) room had the door wide open. Ah, I forgot, Amanda had opened the house with the keys (a thing that they repeatedly asked me since she had told me that she had found the front door wide open when she had entered).

    http://themurderofmeredithkercher.co...ry_(Translated)

    Strange indeed
    I think another point that can be made is that those who have suggested Filomena may have been very messy, a virtual slob if you will, and that the state of her room in disarray was the normal one, are shown to be wrong as Raffaele and Amanda both say the room was a mess and in chaos (not the way Filomena normally kept it).

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I would say that Dr Crini’s focus on this question as to the position of Filomena's door at various times in Amanda's narrative is relevant in that it becomes a question mark( and a question of possible deception) if the state of the room were not mentioned until later.
    Could you please provide a quote or page number from Crini's transcript?

    I wonder if he get's the facts right this time for sure.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I don't agree.
    After seeing the video of the configuration of the living room I'd say that you won't see inside Filomena's room unless you stand right in front of her door. Also, you won't notice the broken window unless you fully open the door which swings to the inside and right.




    There are no stars in moon landing photos and some people claim the shadows are all wrong. Crini's approach doesn't surprise me at all. What is the prosecution supposed to do when they are given a case with no solid evidence and no sensible scenario.
    OK. That is one way of looking at it, and it may be valid. So you say a quick peek would have revealed nothing, then? How DID they notice it at last? (the wind and cross-breeze would be likely to keep the door fully shut). I guess they finally looked all the way....

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Could you please provide a quote or page number from Crini's transcript?

    I wonder if he get's the facts right this time for sure.
    No, this I'm afraid I can't do, because I am taking if from the linked secondary source. It's not as though I wasn't upfront about that in my OP.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I think another point that can be made is that those who have suggested Filomena may have been very messy, a virtual slob if you will, and that the state of her room in disarray was the normal one, are shown to be wrong as Raffaele and Amanda both say the room was a mess and in chaos (not the way Filomena normally kept it).
    I think the only disturbance Filomena herself noticed in her testimony was the pile of clothes by the wardrobe. The rest of the stuff was like she left it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,219
    Otto: I'm addressing you specifically because I think I remember you saying you lived in Italy for a time.

    Is it common that rooms have locks that have to be locked with a key?

    I guess I'm wondering why Guede would have been aware that he needed the keys to the bedroom to lock it yet walked out and left the front door open.

    I guess I would also wonder why he would choose their house knowing that they were just getting by and didn't have high dollar items laying around. How would he know Merideth hadn't paid the rent and had cash?

    It just seems that there are too many things that he was aware of that he shouldn't have known. Like that Merideth would be alone. JMO
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I think the only disturbance Filomena herself noticed in her testimony was the pile of clothes by the wardrobe. The rest of the stuff was like she left it.
    So the room being "in chaos" was just Filomena being Filomena. Okie.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    No, this I'm afraid I can't do, because I am taking if from the linked secondary source. It's not as though I wasn't upfront about that in my OP.
    I see. So the webpage doesn't even quote Crini and doesn't give the page number of the court transcript either. That's a pity.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    So the room being "in chaos" was just Filomena being Filomena. Okie.

    I think broken glass covering the whole floor contributed to the impression of chaos the most.

    Other thing that Filomena found disturbing for some reason was that the computer she left in the case on the floor was covered with glass.

    Can you tell just by looking at the photos which things are disturbed by the stagers/burglar and which are not?


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,219
    If the breeze was strong enough to blow the door closed wouldn't there also be a tremendous draft that a person fresh out of the shower would notice?
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    600

    denial of the obvious

    SMK,

    On the previous thread you wrote, "If this is so blatant and obvious as all say, why wasn't this argued before the Italian Supreme Court (I assume it was ) and the case thrown out for compromised evidence? This is what I keep wondering. (as per International and Italian forensic standards)." I have given my thoughts on this elsewhere, but here is a briefer response: We know that key items were not taken into evidence in a promt manner and that the bra clasp was not in the same place as when it was first photographed. The Court of Supreme Cassation has chosen to deny that the crime scene was disturbed, or at least that is how I read it. I am flummoxed by their response. However, it is in keeping with everything that they have said about DNA evidence, most of which is wrong.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I think broken glass covering the whole floor contributed to the impression of chaos the most.

    Other thing that Filomena found disturbing for some reason was that the computer she left in the case on the floor was covered with glass.

    Can you tell just by looking at the photos which things are disturbed by the stagers/burglar and which are not?
    A breeze shutting the door or not does not change the fact that RS claims the door was wide open when he arrived that morning.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
    SMK,

    On the previous thread you wrote, "If this is so blatant and obvious as all say, why wasn't this argued before the Italian Supreme Court (I assume it was ) and the case thrown out for compromised evidence? This is what I keep wondering. (as per International and Italian forensic standards)." I have given my thoughts on this elsewhere, but here is a briefer response: We know that key items were not taken into evidence in a promt manner and that the bra clasp was not in the same place as when it was first photographed. The Court of Supreme Cassation has chosen to deny that the crime scene was disturbed, or at least that is how I read it. I am flummoxed by their response. However, it is in keeping with everything that they have said about DNA evidence, most of which is wrong.
    Thank you for this response. It is perplexing indeed that they would have such an attitude.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I see. So the webpage doesn't even quote Crini and doesn't give the page number of the court transcript either. That's a pity.
    Yes, to tell you the truth, I was so excited to see (by the title) that Crini had chosen a detail that had bothered me as the crux of his focus, I more or less skimmed the post. I took it on faith that Crini himself had focused on this as the poster declared he did ( I am assuming he did in his closing; pity I cannot read Italian or Google translations of Italian)

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1150
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread