1139 users online (222 members and 917 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1014
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    A breeze shutting the door or not does not change the fact that RS claims the door was wide open when he arrived that morning.
    I don't think such claim is in the case file.
    Is this what Crini said?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I think broken glass covering the whole floor contributed to the impression of chaos the most.

    Other thing that Filomena found disturbing for some reason was that the computer she left in the case on the floor was covered with glass.

    Can you tell just by looking at the photos which things are disturbed by the stagers/burglar and which are not?
    In these I would not notice anything but the window - (in the pic I can see it's open but not broken) -

    and "the drawers that were NOT opened" and thus were noted as suspicious by the Postal Police do not even appear to be there.

    I guess it's mainly the window here .
    (***I suppose this gave rise to the window as "entrance point for the lone wolf; sans staging " concept. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,386
    On the last thread there was talk about how the bra clasp could have been contaminated. One only needs to watch the video of the investigators "finding" the bra clasp again to understand how. The investigators had to look for the bra clasp since it was not where they last saw it. It had been pushed under a pile of clothes and other things. When the bra clasp was found it was handled in a way that anything on the investigators hands and fingers would naturally be found on the bra clasp. One investigator even touched the metal hook itself with a dirty gloved finger. IF RS's DNA had been found on the material itself instead of just the metal hook then one can claim that contamination is unlikely, however that is not the case. Because of the handling of the bra clasp it is evidence that should be tossed out, IMO.

    Now if we look at some of the evidence of RG then we have evidence where no contamination could be possible. RG left his own handprint in Meredith's blood on the pillow. There is 0% chance of this being from contamination. There is also 0% chance of contamination when RG's DNA was found on and in Meredith since she was removed on the day that she was found and sent for an autopsy. The purse is a little more tricky, however since it was Meredith's blood mixed with RG's DNA and RG had no reason for his DNA to be on Meredith's purse at all, then one can conclude that this is also not from contamination. To find RG's DNA, footprints, handprints, etc in the cottage is not something that one would expect to find since he had not been known to have previously been in the cottage before.

    MOO

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I don't think such claim is in the case file.
    Is this what Crini said?
    It is in RSs prison diary. (See my post above)

    Do you claim it's fake or that he didn't say it or there's an excuse why he said it?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I had pondered at one point in my various reflections, about Filomena's room, and the discovery of the alleged break in.

    I had wondered if the door had been left opened, and as the cottage is quite small,

    • why the break-in hadn't been noticed from the outset. (as from the living room area the doors are so obvious)
    • Or why the door had not been tried if closed.
    • and who would have closed it? Would Guede as lone wolf have really done so?
    • And when? what about footprints?


    But then I put the whole aside as unimportant.

    But now Crini himself chooses to focus on just this,

    and so I find that interesting; and although

    this post is quite lengthy it seemed relevant or at least worth looking into:

    (@Otto, have you read it, and what are your thoughts if so?)

    *follow link to post, and go above comments section

    or use this link:

    http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

    http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index....sted/#comments
    I've never been able to figure out if Filomina's bedroom door was open or closed when Sollecito arrived. According to him, it was open. According to some of Knox's statements, the door was closed.

    What has always interested me is that Knox knew that Meredith's door was locked during her first visit to the cottage that morning. I have to agree that if Knox checked one bedroom in search of a possible burglary, presumably an innocent person that was concerned about a burglary would check all the rooms. She did check the large bathroom even though she had no reason to go there.

    I suppose that, like the ever changing alibis on the night of the murder, the explanation of activities on the morning of November 2 is also a moving target. She showered and she didn't, Filomina's bedroom door was open and it wasn't, she checked Meredith's door and not Filomina's door, she was panicked because Meredith's door was locked and she wasn't, she wasn't concerned about the crime scene so she went for lunch, she was concerned about the crime scene so she phoned her mom 2.5 hours later even though nothing had changed.

    I don't think that we can rely on statements made by Knox, so we have to rely on both independent statements, and on logical reasoning, for information. Sollecito stated that Filomina's bedroom door was open when he arrived. If that is true, then Knox had to have seen the broken window and ransacked bedroom, so she should have contacted Filomina or police. She would have walked past Filomina's bedroom door at least four times. Would she have checked only her bedroom and Meredith's bedroom door?


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    It is in RSs prison diary. (See my post above)

    Do you claim it's fake or that he didn't say it or there's an excuse why he said it?
    I have no idea if it's accurate.

    It's not in Crini's argument for some reason. I don't remember seeing it mentioned by previous prosecutors or by Massei.

    Basically, it's not what the prosecution claims, just like the hickey red herring. Correct?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I've never been able to figure out if Filomina's bedroom door was open or closed when Sollecito arrived. According to him, it was open. According to some of Knox's statements, the door was closed.

    What has always interested me is that Knox knew that Meredith's door was locked during her first visit to the cottage that morning. I have to agree that if Knox checked one bedroom in search of a possible burglary, presumably an innocent person that was concerned about a burglary would check all the rooms. She did check the large bathroom even though she had no reason to go there.

    I suppose that, like the ever changing alibis on the night of the murder, the explanation of activities on the morning of November 2 is also a moving target. She showered and she didn't, Filomina's bedroom door was open and it wasn't, she checked Meredith's door and not Filomina's door, she was panicked because Meredith's door was locked and she wasn't, she wasn't concerned about the crime scene so she went for lunch, she was concerned about the crime scene so she phoned her mom 2.5 hours later even though nothing had changed.

    I don't think that we can rely on statements made by Knox, so we have to rely on both independent statements, and on logical reasoning, for information. Sollecito stated that Filomina's bedroom door was open when he arrived. If that is true, then Knox had to have seen the broken window and ransacked bedroom, so she should have contacted Filomina or police. She would have walked past Filomina's bedroom door at least four times. Would she have checked only her bedroom and Meredith's bedroom door?

    Thank you for this post, the logical reasoning,

    and this graphic (which illustrates that a check of the other bedrooms would be what one would expect ).

    (btw, did these doors lock with keys as Meredith's did?).

    I had assumed that just this type of reasoning and inference was the crux of Crini's focus.

    Thanks once more.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    RSs whole diary entry in interesting, there's this tidbit as well.

    "Meanwhile I was loitering around the house and I advised Amanda to call her friends Filomena, Laura and Meredith. And therefore, after having done so, she told me that Laura was in Viterbo, that Filomena was with her boyfriend and that she would have arrived later and, lastly, that Meredith did not answer. We look around [facciamo un giro] the house and Amanda is terrified and jumps on me because she tells me that the faeces were no longer in the toilet since presumably before, when she was taking a shower, she had seen that there were faeces in the bathroom and nobody had flushed the toilet. I have a look and leaning over I see the reflection of the water and, not seeing any faeces, I believe what Amanda had told [diceva] me."
    http://themurderofmeredithkercher.co...ry_(Translated)

    Considering all these phone calls were made already at his house. Seems RS has the whole timeline of the morning and how things went down confused.

    Is Amanda or Raffaele telling the truth of how things went that morning?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    OK. That is one way of looking at it, and it may be valid. So you say a quick peek would have revealed nothing, then? How DID they notice it at last? (the wind and cross-breeze would be likely to keep the door fully shut). I guess they finally looked all the way....
    I don't see how, if the door was open, wind would cause the door to blow closed.


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Thank you for this post, the logical reasoning,

    and this graphic (which illustrates that a check of the other bedrooms would be what one would expect ).

    (btw, did these doors lock with keys as Meredith's did?).

    I had assumed that just this type of reasoning and inference was the crux of Crini's focus.

    Thanks once more.
    I don't know if all the bedroom doors locked this way but AKs did, she said she did not have the key though.
    I assume the others were the same way.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    In these I would not notice anything but the window - (in the pic I can see it's open but not broken) -

    and "the drawers that were NOT opened" and thus were noted as suspicious by the Postal Police do not even appear to be there.

    I guess it's mainly the window here .

    (***I suppose this gave rise to the window as "entrance point for the lone wolf; sans staging " concept. )
    Just bringing this forward, in these pics I would say the room is clearly "tossed", with items being thrown on the floor to the left of and beneath the broken window.

    http://www.injusticeinperugia.com/PhotoGallery3.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    What has always interested me is that Knox knew that Meredith's door was locked during her first visit to the cottage that morning. I have to agree that if Knox checked one bedroom in search of a possible burglary, presumably an innocent person that was concerned about a burglary would check all the rooms. She did check the large bathroom even though she had no reason to go there.
    Could you please provide the testimony confirming the bolded part?
    It seems to me you've been misled again by the websites filled with falsehoods, just like with the washing machine story before.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    I don't know if all the bedroom doors locked this way but AKs did, she said she did not have the key though.
    I assume the others were the same way.
    Thanks, I never got this straight: Did Laura and Filomena lock their bedroom doors before they went away? ETA: OK, I guess if we don't even know that they had locks, we don't know if they locked them, sorry
    Last edited by SMK; 12-15-2013 at 03:30 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Just bringing this forward, in these pics I would say the room is clearly "tossed", with items being thrown on the floor to the left of and beneath the broken window.

    http://www.injusticeinperugia.com/PhotoGallery3.html
    I'd say the things you mention fell out of the wardrobe shelf at some point.

    The bags on the floor look like they were there before the break-in. We know Filomena's computer was among them, so the scene is already altered, unfortunately.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Myvice View Post
    Otto: I'm addressing you specifically because I think I remember you saying you lived in Italy for a time.

    Is it common that rooms have locks that have to be locked with a key?

    I guess I'm wondering why Guede would have been aware that he needed the keys to the bedroom to lock it yet walked out and left the front door open.

    I guess I would also wonder why he would choose their house knowing that they were just getting by and didn't have high dollar items laying around. How would he know Merideth hadn't paid the rent and had cash?

    It just seems that there are too many things that he was aware of that he shouldn't have known. Like that Merideth would be alone. JMO
    I studied in Italy on two separate occasions. The first time we booked long term hotels rooms (Milan), and the second time we stayed in a dorm (Rome), so I can't answer your question about locks on bedroom doors in rental accommodations.

    It doesn't make much sense that he locked Meredith's bedroom door and left the front door unlocked. We also have an absence of bloody footprints from Guede at Meredith's bedroom door - which should have been there if he stopped to lock the door.

    Guede could not have known that Meredith had cash for rent and that on the evening of November 1, after rent should have been due, the cash would still be in her bedroom. Knox knew that Meredith had the rent money and that it had not yet been collected.

    Guede could not have known that Meredith would be alone at the cottage that night. He had no way of knowing the schedules of Filomina and Laura. Since Filomina and Laura lived and worked in Perugia, they would normally be home.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1150
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread