1001 users online (109 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    What I'm hearing from Otto and Amber is that Amanda and Raffaele are lying in all their testimony except for the few truths they tell that invalidate their testimony and alibis, is that right? So, their truthful sentences prove that everything else they say is a lie? That's quite bizarre.
    Pot smoking doesn't create murderous rages, but it does significantly addle the smoker's memory and time sense, that is a fact.

addendum

I was going to add that Filomena's room - as compared to Laura's here on the LFT - really does look tossed, but Katody, I think you said this is actually from the CSI people?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Could you please provide the testimony confirming the bolded part?
    It seems to me you've been misled again by the websites filled with falsehoods, just like with the washing machine story before.
    Pg 38, Massei

Note that she reports that she noticed that Meredith's door was locked and that Filomina's bedroom window was broken during her first trip to the cottage on November 2, 2007.

http://www.westseattleherald.com/sit...ranslation.pdf

one possible explanation for the CSC's behavior

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Thank you for this response. It is perplexing indeed that they would have such an attitude.
    My working hypothesis is that the CSC believes the pair to be guilty. Its zeal to convict is overcoming other considerations. Whatever the reason, nothing can justify ignoring forensic science and the good laws that have been enacted around it elsewhere. MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
    My working hypothesis is that the CSC believes the pair to be guilty. Its zeal to convict is overcoming other considerations. Whatever the reason, nothing can justify ignoring forensic science and the good laws that have been enacted around it elsewhere. MOO.
    Conti & Vecchioti ... good forensic science?

I was going to add that Filomena's room - as compared to Laura's here on the LFT - really does look tossed, but Katody, I think you said this is actually from the CSI people?
    Not really. I know however that what's in the photo is not 100% what the first responders found, given their testimony.

IMO of the visible disturbance caused by Guede is the stuff that fell from the wardrobe when he grabbed it's door or otherwise shook it on entry when jumping into the room.
    There are some cards on a floor, and a dvd case that fell from the shelf above the door, probably because of the draft.

Apart from this I think the rest of Filomena's things on the floor were there before the break-in.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Conti & Vecchioti ... good forensic science?
    I don't know enough about them, what is your opinion and why, Otto?

Pg 38, Massei

Note that she reports that she noticed that Meredith's door was locked and that Filomina's bedroom window was broken during her first trip to the cottage on November 2, 2007.
    What you quoted is neither Amanda's testimony nor even a reporting of her testimony by Massei.

According to Amanda's testimony she noticed the door was locked only when she returned with Raffaele.

I don't know enough about them, what is your opinion and why, Otto?
    They concluded that there was no blood or DNA on the knife or the bra clasp, which obviously was incorrect.

From their report

What you quoted is neither Amanda's testimony nor even a reporting of her testimony by Massei.

According to Amanda's testimony she noticed the door was locked only when she returned with Raffaele.
    Knox is welcome to change her story as often as she would like. That should not result in endless confusion for those who are judging the case, or for those who have followed the case. Independent witnesses did not change their story, so their testimony can be accepted as truthful.

Knox is welcome to change her story as often as she would like. That should not result in endless confusion for those who are judging the case, or for those who have followed the case. Independent witnesses did not change their story, so their testimony can be accepted as truthful.
    What witness are you taking about?

Quote Originally Posted by quesarita View Post
    What I'm hearing from Otto and Amber is that Amanda and Raffaele are lying in all their testimony except for the few truths they tell that invalidate their testimony and alibis, is that right? So, their truthful sentences prove that everything else they say is a lie? That's quite bizarre.
    Pot smoking doesn't create murderous rages, but it does significantly addle the smoker's memory and time sense, that is a fact.
    That's not what I said considering I know that RS did not testify. What I am saying is that they tell inconsistent versions of the morning. I find Filomena's door left open or closed important.

I'm pretty sure people high on pot have committed murder but personally I don't believe pot is all they were on.

What witness are you taking about?
    The witnesses that testified during the trial. What other witnesses are there?

These witnesses

pg 38 Massei

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    That's not what I said considering I know that RS did not testify. What I am saying is that they tell inconsistent versions of the morning. I find Filomena's door left open or closed important.

I'm pretty sure people high on pot have committed murder but personally I don't believe pot is all they were on.
    Besides the known facts that smoking pot can lead to paranoia and anger,

recent studies have refuted the idea that pot smoking makes people "laid back and mellow": In the German study about increased risks of psychosis and psychotic behavior, the youth studied went up to age 24:

Study: Link between marijuana, aggression

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Feb. 1 (UPI) -- A Dutch study on the effects of marijuana use on teenagers suggests a connection with aggressive behavior.

The BBC reports researchers at the Trimbos Institute in the Netherlands found 17 percent of the 5,551 12 to 16-year-olds questioned had used marijuana within the past year. The study found the higher the frequency and amount of marijuana use, the more aggressive behavior the teenager showed.

A recent study by the British Journal of Psychiatry found similar results.

A 2005 report by the Schools Health Education Unit in Britain found 25 percent of 14- and 15-year-olds smoked pot.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/200...#ixzz1vBESUXf0

Marijuana Use Linked to Risk of Psychotic Symptoms
    Study Shows Association Between Development of Psychosis and Smoking Marijuana

By Denise Mann
    WebMD Health News Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD

March 1, 2011 -- Adolescents and young adults who smoke marijuana have an increased risk for experiencing psychotic symptoms, according to a new study.

The new findings appear online in the journal BMJ.

Researchers assessed marijuana use during a 10-year study of 1,923 participants aged 14 to 24 in Germany.

Those participants who had no psychotic symptoms and had never tried marijuana when the study began and then started using marijuana had nearly double the risk of experiencing psychotic symptoms in the future.

And those who used marijuana before start of the study and who continued use over the study period had an increased risk of persistent psychotic symptoms, the study shows.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...hotic-symptoms

Does smoking marijuana cause aggression?

In general, after using marijuana a person experiences a sedating effect, which makes the drug less likely to cause violence in users than other substances such as alcohol and stimulants (e.g., amphetamines and cocaine).

However, sometimes when marijuana is used it can cause fear, anxiety, panic or paranoia, which can result in an aggressive outburst. For most people, however, once the effects of the drug wear off, their behaviour gradually improves.

Studies show that violence can occur more often among people who use marijuana regularly, rather than those who use it occasionally or not at all. It is unclear why this is the case, but it may be because people with violent tendencies can also have a range of other psychosocial problems and are therefore more likely to use marijuana. marijuana is also part of the illegal drug market, which may increase the chances of violence occurring in some social interactions.

Why do people become abusive or aggressive?

Using marijuana can produce strange behaviour and reactions in people when they are intoxicated. These reactions can be similar to psychosis and paranoia and because of this, marijuana users may experience the following:

confusion – they misunderstand what is going on or what someone has said or done
    feeling threatened or frightened
    paranoia – they hear voices or think that people are out to get them

http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana...aggression.htm

The witnesses that testified during the trial. What other witnesses are there?

These witnesses
    What witness is this?

BTW Amanda never changed her story. She never lied, either.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast