GUILTY OH - Reann Murphy, 9, raped & murdered, Smithville, 14 Dec 2013

kikid

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this little girl. Her body was found in a dumpster early this morning. Poor baby!

http://waynecountysheriff.blogspot.com/2013/12/missing-child-found-dead-in-trash.html

Sheriff Travis Hutchinson reports that his office is currently investigating a homicide involving a nine year old victim.

On December 14th at 8:28 PM deputies responded to the Smithville mobile home park located at 5912 Akron rd. Smithville for the report of a missing juvenile identified as Reann Murphy. Reann was last seen at 5:30 PM playing outdoors in shared area within the park.

Deputies searched the area with the assistance of area firefighters, civilians and other law enforcement officers. While conducting the search deputies discovered the body of a small child in a trash dumpster near the child’s home at approximately 1:35AM on December 15th.

BbfkkwBCcAA1-c9%5B1%5D.jpg

Hope I did this right, I've never created a Thread on here before. If not, I'm sure someone will come along and fix it soon.

I'm so absolutely sad over this. Smithville is only about 30 minutes from me. It's a very rural town. I'm glad they located her so quickly.

Hopefully they will find the person who did this quickly and justice will be swift and severe!

who could do this to such a lovely little one? Why? It's the cases of young children that so hurt my heart. I ache for her, reading this has sent me into a turmoil of tears. I think it's from the shooting on Friday. Although I tried so hard not to bawl my eyes out; I did and then yesterday as well I burst into tears several times, just thinking about how the families are all coping. what kind of society are we when we throw our children in the trash?

I didn't see a thread for this little girl. Her body was found in a dumpster early this morning. Poor baby!

http://waynecountysheriff.blogspot.com/2013/12/missing-child-found-dead-in-trash.html

Sheriff Travis Hutchinson reports that his office is currently investigating a homicide involving a nine year old victim.

On December 14th at 8:28 PM deputies responded to the Smithville mobile home park located at 5912 Akron rd. Smithville for the report of a missing juvenile identified as Reann Murphy. Reann was last seen at 5:30 PM playing outdoors in shared area within the park.

Deputies searched the area with the assistance of area firefighters, civilians and other law enforcement officers. While conducting the search deputies discovered the body of a small child in a trash dumpster near the child’s home at approximately 1:35AM on December 15th.

BbfkkwBCcAA1-c9%5B1%5D.jpg

Oh my...

what a cutie...

found in a trash receptacle... :what:

such disregard for life...

:(

It is a small park by the looks of the satellite image. That should narrow down the suspect pool considerably. Lets hope the person who did this will be apprehended quickly.

I'm so absolutely sad over this. Smithville is only about 30 minutes from me. It's a very rural town. I'm glad they located her so quickly.

Jumping off your post...

I wonder what would make a killer choose to place a body in a dumpster... Rather than hide it further from her home by burying her in the vast landscape surrounding her home?

in other words... What would be a profile of this killer?

would the dumpster be a choice due to lack of time it takes to bury the body in the surrounding fields?

or...???

Just some thoughts...

Questions I hope to have answered soon... (Aside from the that killed her, of course...)

who was the last person that saw her.. (approx. 5:30 p.m. Sat. - 12-14-13)

was she playing with others... Or alone?

JMO

Jumping off your post...

I wonder what would make a killer choose to place a body in a dumpster... Rather than hide it further from her home by burying her in the vast landscape surrounding her home?

would the dumpster be a choice due to lack of time it takes to bury the body in the surrounding fields?

or...???

Just some thoughts...

Well, I am certainly no profiler, but it seems to me this shows a few things; first that the killer had no emotional attachment to the victim and wanted to just dump the body quickly, second, this wasn't planned by the killer but more likely opportunity and lack of self control, and last I think that the killer will be younger with no access to a vehicle or a private residence (of course it could also be an adult without access to these things as well).

Jumping off your post...

or...???

Just some thoughts...

I also am only 30 to 40 minutes from there. Northeast Ohio had a lot of snow over Saturday and a lot of people stayed off the roads. If this perp would have tried to put her body in a field somewhere, there would have been tracks all over the place. I believe this was a crime of opportunity if it was a sex offender at all. There are several sex offenders in the area. I think if it wasn't someone who lives directly in the area, it was someone who had reason to be in the area....friends, family, drug deal, etc. There are several child sex offenders in a City nearby. I think LE needs to look at the ones that had family or other affiliations in Smithville. I found one potential and of course can't post the name. I haven't looked any further; there are probably more. But because of the weather, I think they need to be looking at people who are connected to the area. It wasn't a night that a sex offender would have been trolling and expecting to find children outside. This person knows the area.

I have tried looking on Google maps to see where the dumpster is on the property and I can't tell. I hope they've done all they could to look at footsteps/tracks in the snow, etc. If they have, this person didn't walk in there, they drove back there for a purpose. They either were there to visit someone and the opportunity presented itself, or they knew the habits of Reann, or they knew she would be outside playing.

This is all JMHO and purely speculation based on the kind of weather we were having yesterday.

Well, I am certainly no profiler, but it seems to me this shows a few things; first that the killer had no emotional attachment to the victim and wanted to just dump the body quickly, second, this wasn't planned by the killer but more likely opportunity and lack of self control, and last I think that the killer will be younger with no access to a vehicle or a private residence (of course it could also be an adult without access to these things as well).

Thanks, Kikid!

all interesting, plausible thoughts...

no emotional attachment... Impulsive acts... No access to vehicle or residence...

:seeya:

I also am only 30 to 40 minutes from there. Northeast Ohio had a lot of snow over Saturday and a lot of people stayed off the roads. If this perp would have tried to put her body in a field somewhere, there would have been tracks all over the place. I believe this was a crime of opportunity if it was a sex offender at all. There are several sex offenders in the area. I think if it wasn't someone who lives directly in the area, it was someone who had reason to be in the area....friends, family, drug deal, etc. There are several child sex offenders in a City nearby. I think LE needs to look at the ones that had family or other affiliations in Smithville. I found one potential and of course can't post the name. I haven't looked any further; there are probably more. But because of the weather, I think they need to be looking at people who are connected to the area. It wasn't a night that a sex offender would have been trolling and expecting to find children outside. This person knows the area.

I have tried looking on Google maps to see where the dumpster is on the property and I can't tell. I hope they've done all they could to look at footsteps/tracks in the snow, etc. If they have, this person didn't walk in there, they drove back there for a purpose. They either were there to visit someone and the opportunity presented itself, or they knew the habits of Reann, or they knew she would be outside playing.

This is all JMHO and purely speculation based on the kind of weather we were having yesterday.
Thanks!

yes... Snow would be an influential factor in burying the body...hard ground and possibility of leaving tracks...

and the perp would probably know the area (visiting relative of neighbor/family, or drug deal, etc.) since this would not be the place, nor opportune weather conditions, for trolling unfamiliar areas...

JMO

:seeya:

Thanks for giving a local view of the weather for the area. That puts a big slant on the picture.

With snow all over the ground, why would it take five hours to find her body unless the perp stayed on the road itself? Someone had to be big enough to carry her or there would be drag marks leading to the dumpster?

I thought the dumpster might be on the paved surface at the back side of the park?

Did it take five hours to find her body?

The call reporting Reann missing was placed at 8:28 p.m. - Sat. - 12-14-13...

Reann was found in the dumpster at 1:35 a.m. - Sun. - 12-15-14...

so... Yes.. It seems that it took about 5 hours for LE to find her body...

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back