Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Paragirl is offline If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Family of murdered pregnant woman speaks out on mystery

video at link ............. http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/americ.../2939814028001
    Based on this interview with the family in the video link, they sound pretty doubtful that the BF is the killer and say that LE quickly dismissed the "hotel stay under an alias" story as a red herring.

I tend to agree with the mom that the BF is an easy scapegoat. Other than possibly being unhappy about the pregnancy, there don't seem to be any other obvious motives and I can't see why he wouldn't have made any attempt to hide evidence at the campsite. Also, if he was going to kill Brittany over an unwanted pregnancy he would have had the opportunity to plan the murder a little better, make it look like an accident, etc, and perhaps not have to go on the run.

I think it's very possible that they were both murdered for some reason relating to this business deal. It's a very viable angle. I read somewhere (can't recall if it was an article, or in the discussion threads in the BIC blogs) that there was another budding entrepreneur interested in purchasing land in the lava fields who was scared off after being threatened/deterred by a local businessman...
    MOO

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Brittany Royal Murder Case Haunted By Anonymous Letter And Posters
    The Huffington Post | By Carla Herreria

Snipped:

Recently, however, a local news site received an anonymous letter, claiming that Bo Johnson was also murdered and that racial tensions fueled the motive.

The chilling note lists specifics about the alleged murder. "Bo made 4 mistakes," the anonymous writer explains, detailing Bo's intentions to buy land at Kalapana and conduct lava tours without paying locals a cut of $1,000 a week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4158828.html
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Hawaii cops still seek pregnant California woman's killer seven months later
    By Sasha Goldstein / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, December 16, 2013, 6:38 PM

Snipped:

The killer "took the 2 haole (non-natives) for boat ride at night to see lava tour boat but never came back. Haole shark bait. Bo was cut to peces-make blood, girl was throw in. He not going to be found."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1549742

8. The Following User Says Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

This looks like another source running the DailyMail article that Fran posted earlier:

Pregnant Brittany Royal was mysteriously strangled in Hawaii before boyfriend vanished
    By Staff Writer 12/11/2013 19:22:00

Snipped:

Julie was initially worried about how trusting her 'free spirited' daughter could be but knew it was right for Brittany when she decided to go traveling to the Big Island of Hawaii in January.

There, she met Johnson and just months later they returned to the family home in Tustin, California to break the news: they were expecting a baby.

They also announced their plans for the future; Brittany said she would work as a yoga instructor while Bo wanted give lava tours.

http://www.gadailynews.com/news/regi...-vanished.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Parents of murdered Big Island woman looking for answers
    By Vanessa Stewart

Snipped:

Julie said Brittany moved to Hawaii island in January after visiting and falling in love with the island.

"She actually had told me and her brothers and everyone that she was planning on kind of setting roots here which she hadn't said in a while so it was kind of nice to hear," Julie said.

http://www.khon2.com/news/local-news...ng-for-answers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by neverletgo View Post
    Hawaii cops still seek pregnant California woman's killer seven months later
    By Sasha Goldstein / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, December 16, 2013, 6:38 PM

Snipped:

The killer "took the 2 haole (non-natives) for boat ride at night to see lava tour boat but never came back. Haole shark bait. Bo was cut to peces-make blood, girl was throw in. He not going to be found."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1549742
    I don't believe the letter's account of what happened. LE reports say that Brittany was dragged from the campsite toward the cliff. That doesn't sound like someone who went for a boat ride.

These are two people who met and then she was pregnant very early after they started dating, if Bo's sister's timeline is correct. They only knew each other (or at least dated) 3-4 months.

The last time Brittany spoke with her mom was 5/22.

Also, the hotel siting and items left behind = someone else's belongings. This person was located and that whole sighting has been dismissed by LE.

My thoughts: something happened between Bo and Brittany, and Bo snapped - JMO. His sister Ruth says that they did hallucinogenic drugs often. I believe that they had an argument (a big one...) and that he killed her. I think LE is holding a lot of evidence close to the vest.

I could be wrong - and if so I hope the real killer is found.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Paragirl is offline If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going
    I agree with all the points you make too belimom. With so little known yet about what evidence LE has, I'm still not certain what I think. Either scenario is very plausible imo.
    MOO

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

If Bo was about to close a deal on 10 acres of lava flow, and just had, or was in the process of having money wired to him, I wonder who knew that he would be receiving a (presumably) large sum of money wired to his account. I have no idea how much 10 acres of lava flow goes for, but maybe enough to make murder worthwhile in someone’s mind.
    MOO

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Did Bo actually have any money to buy the lava land? He could have built his relationship on a house of cards and now it was collapsing with a baby on the way.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Did Bo actually have any money to buy the lava land? He could have built his relationship on a house of cards and now it was collapsing with a baby on the way.
    I think his parents wired him money for the closing, but I think his sister said it was being financed (about $50,000 or so?). I've read so much on this and can't remember where I read that...

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

They planned to buy 10 acres of land on the Kalapana lava field to build a home and start an organic farm. Johnson spoke of the plans in his last conversation with his father.
    "He was upbeat because he was about to do the most important thing he'd ever done in his life; that was to get that property the next morning," he said.
    Johnson didn't appear for the property appointment. Police issued a bulletin about his disappearance May 30.
    One of Johnson's sisters said her brother had been threatened by a commercial lava tour operator after Johnson took a family out to see lava flows.
    "He just showed up at my brother's house in Kalapana," she said. "He was under the impression that we'd been taking these people out to the lava for pay. He said he owned all 900 acres of the lava, that he owned it and that we weren't allowed to go out there."
    The guide, she said, threatened to shoot up the house if Johnson persisted in giving tours.
    Mark Johnson said he wants police to investigate the threats against his brother.
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...foul_play.html
    MOO

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I think his parents wired him money for the closing, but I think his sister said it was being financed (about $50,000 or so?). I've read so much on this and can't remember where I read that...
    Yes his parents were loaning him the money and had wired it to him. It was discussed with his sister and parents in the BIC blog threads.
    MOO

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paragirl View Post
    Yes his parents were loaning him the money and had wired it to him. It was discussed with his sister and parents in the BIC blog threads.
    Thank you. Did they say they were loaning him the entire amount? I thought they were loaning him money for the closing (down payment, settlement costs, etc) but that he was financing at least part of it. I could be wrong, so please clarify if you know.

Also, did he ever get the money? If so, where is it? I wonder if that's something LE is keeping close or has it been discussed?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Thank you. Did they say they were loaning him the entire amount? I thought they were loaning him money for the closing (down payment, settlement costs, etc) but that he was financing at least part of it. I could be wrong, so please clarify if you know.

Also, did he ever get the money? If so, where is it? I wonder if that's something LE is keeping close or has it been discussed?
    I'm not sure. I did read posts by both his father and sister that said he was all prepared for the closing, but they didn't specifically say what they were loaning him and/or what portion, if any, was being financed. I also don't know for sure if he had already received it but his father has stated that they spoke to him the afternoon before the closing, and that Bo was all ready to go ahead with the closing the next morning. The money had to be wired (which involves some amount of administrative process and account updates and confirmations etc) so I doubt they would have left it until the last minute. I would assume that he would have had the money safely in his account and ready to go, at least for the closing.
    MOO

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast