Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HI - KALAPANA - Brittany Jane Royal, 25-Murdered, Suspect Boaz Johnson Found Deceased

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Did Bo actually have any money to buy the lava land? He could have built his relationship on a house of cards and now it was collapsing with a baby on the way.
    I think his parents wired him money for the closing, but I think his sister said it was being financed (about $50,000 or so?). I've read so much on this and can't remember where I read that...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Paragirl is offline If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going
    They planned to buy 10 acres of land on the Kalapana lava field to build a home and start an organic farm. Johnson spoke of the plans in his last conversation with his father.
    "He was upbeat because he was about to do the most important thing he'd ever done in his life; that was to get that property the next morning," he said.
    Johnson didn't appear for the property appointment. Police issued a bulletin about his disappearance May 30.
    One of Johnson's sisters said her brother had been threatened by a commercial lava tour operator after Johnson took a family out to see lava flows.
    "He just showed up at my brother's house in Kalapana," she said. "He was under the impression that we'd been taking these people out to the lava for pay. He said he owned all 900 acres of the lava, that he owned it and that we weren't allowed to go out there."
    The guide, she said, threatened to shoot up the house if Johnson persisted in giving tours.
    Mark Johnson said he wants police to investigate the threats against his brother.
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...foul_play.html
    MOO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Paragirl is offline If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going
    Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I think his parents wired him money for the closing, but I think his sister said it was being financed (about $50,000 or so?). I've read so much on this and can't remember where I read that...
    Yes his parents were loaning him the money and had wired it to him. It was discussed with his sister and parents in the BIC blog threads.
    MOO

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragirl View Post
    Yes his parents were loaning him the money and had wired it to him. It was discussed with his sister and parents in the BIC blog threads.
    Thank you. Did they say they were loaning him the entire amount? I thought they were loaning him money for the closing (down payment, settlement costs, etc) but that he was financing at least part of it. I could be wrong, so please clarify if you know.

Also, did he ever get the money? If so, where is it? I wonder if that's something LE is keeping close or has it been discussed?

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Thank you. Did they say they were loaning him the entire amount? I thought they were loaning him money for the closing (down payment, settlement costs, etc) but that he was financing at least part of it. I could be wrong, so please clarify if you know.

Also, did he ever get the money? If so, where is it? I wonder if that's something LE is keeping close or has it been discussed?
    I'm not sure. I did read posts by both his father and sister that said he was all prepared for the closing, but they didn't specifically say what they were loaning him and/or what portion, if any, was being financed. I also don't know for sure if he had already received it but his father has stated that they spoke to him the afternoon before the closing, and that Bo was all ready to go ahead with the closing the next morning. The money had to be wired (which involves some amount of administrative process and account updates and confirmations etc) so I doubt they would have left it until the last minute. I would assume that he would have had the money safely in his account and ready to go, at least for the closing.
    MOO

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

I was reading through the affidavits/search warrants again because I recalled reading that some banking documentation was located on one of the searches, and I thought it was at the campsite. It was not, it was at the hostel in Hilo. However, in re-reading the descriptions in the photographic evidence, I am now 100% convinced that the whole "Jeffrey Allen" alias issue is definitely a red herring. One of the items cataloged was an account statement for a bank account in the name of Jeffrey M. Allen II dated April 9, 2013. Unless Bo was planning to run under an alias long before May 28, why would he have already created a bank account under an alias back in April?

So on a side note, who is Jeffrey M. Allen II, where is he, and why did he leave his room at the Hilo hostel and leave his personal belongings behind?
    MOO

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

Police searching for island’s most wanted

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/loca...state-12-20-13

Boaz David Johnson, 23, is still at large and wanted in connection with the strangulation death of his girlfriend, Brittany-Jane Royal, whose body was found May 28 in the ocean off Kalapana, according to the Hawaii County Police Department. Johnson is Caucasian, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 150 pounds with a slim build and a fair complexion. He was last seen unshaven and with medium-length brown hair. He has a tattoo of the upper body of a horse near the right side of his abdomen. He is considered dangerous.
    I wish we knew what evidence police have that makes them certain Boaz Johnson is Brittany's killer AND dangerous. This case will be featured with a few others on “Hawaii Island’s Most Wanted”.
    MOO

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure. I did read posts by both his father and sister that said he was all prepared for the closing, but they didn't specifically say what they were loaning him and/or what portion, if any, was being financed. I also don't know for sure if he had already received it but his father has stated that they spoke to him the afternoon before the closing, and that Bo was all ready to go ahead with the closing the next morning. The money had to be wired (which involves some amount of administrative process and account updates and confirmations etc) so I doubt they would have left it until the last minute. I would assume that he would have had the money safely in his account and ready to go, at least for the closing.
    So is the money still in his account? Or is it missing?
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    So is the money still in his account? Or is it missing?
    I wish we knew! I would think LE would have looked into the details of the land purchase/money transfer/bank account by now...seems that if they have any meaningful evidence, they are keeping it to themselves. But whatever evidence they do have must somehow point to Bo since LE is actively pursuing him as the suspected killer.
    MOO

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

I wish we knew what evidence police have that makes them certain Boaz Johnson is Brittany's killer AND dangerous. This case will be featured with a few others on “Hawaii Island’s Most Wanted”.
    I agree. I think he's the one, IMO. They don't get put on that list for no good reason, with the following clause:

...Police said he is considered dangerous....

http://bigislandnow.com/2013/09/09/b...t-wanted-show/

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

I know that other message boards/forums should not be linked but I might suggest that people look for an active discussion about the murder (with family members posting) at a local HI forum. The murder was in Puna plus what a spider weaves and that should lead you to a forum where people are talking about it. If this is against the rules, please delete this message.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lucky181 For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    I have read blogs all night concerning this case. These two families support each other. It's a remarkable thing to witness. Both seemingly very good families. I think Bo is dead. MO only.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Bump.

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    I know that other message boards/forums should not be linked but I might suggest that people look for an active discussion about the murder (with family members posting) at a local HI forum. The murder was in Puna plus what a spider weaves and that should lead you to a forum where people are talking about it. If this is against the rules, please delete this message.
    I've also read them. To me, it sounds like the two families supported each other earlier on, but recently, it seems that perhaps Brittany's mom may be backing away from Bo's family statements a little. JMO

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

I've also read them. To me, it sounds like the two families supported each other earlier on, but recently, it seems that perhaps Brittany's mom may be backing away from Bo's family statements a little. JMO
    Mark Fuhrman on Fox talks about strangulation which is a very personal method that would point towards Bo. Her family is probably considering that also. IMO, he's dead too. It was pure luck that her body was found by the fisherman. There seem to be conflicting reports about Bo starting a lava tour business. I have read that he wasn't going to do that, maybe would only do that until his organic farming started or was planning on doing that as a business.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/americ.../2941783134001

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucky181 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    Mark Fuhrman on Fox talks about strangulation which is a very personal method that would point towards Bo. Her family is probably considering that also. IMO, he's dead too. It was pure luck that her body was found by the fisherman. There seem to be conflicting reports about Bo starting a lava tour business. I have read that he wasn't going to do that, maybe would only do that until his organic farming started or was planning on doing that as a business.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/americ.../2941783134001
    That was how SK Israel Keyes killed his victims, and they weren't personal though.

Thank you Tom!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

I don't think strangling needs to be personal. Just because there are other cases where it has been. According to reports the clothes line was cut and this is what she was strangled with. It looks llike it .was the closest thing at hand and very effective in killing someone. There was a woman stabbed numerous times at a car wash. This was deemed as very personal and someone was very angry with her. Turns out it was a young punk out to get his thrills, didn't even know her. So you never can tell.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marg from Oz For This Useful Post:

Bumping and marking my spot in this thread.

I researched missing people of/on the island yesterday (The Charley Project), and needless to say that this case has piqued my interest.

Hopefully there are answers soon.

Justice for Brittany Royal Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForBrittanyJaneRoyal
    Last edited by sherbetjello; 12-29-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Bump.

Thank you Tom!!

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

There are a lot of missing people with ties to the Puna area. This the area south of Hilo. There are a lot of low income (or homeless) Hawaiians. The area attracts a lot of "alternate lifestyle" types who have set up organic farms, built shacks in the forest or just camp out on land they do not own. There is presumably a lot of pot gardens in the area but other drugs are also common.

Some well off haoles own beach front houses and they are left alone because they are the base of the economy. There are no hotels or resorts. The only real tourist attraction is the lava field.

Along with the missing people, there have been a number of murders; all within in the "fringe dweller" community and local law enforcement has come under a lot of criticism for failing to conduct a proper investigation.

From what I can see, Boaz is probably a victim too. If he turns up alive somewhere, I would rethink that. I don't think the letters and posters were anything but a misdirect that was very likely made by the killer. From what I can tell, there is one primary Lava field tour company and a number of freelancers. No businessman likes competition moving in on his turf but homicide is pretty extreme.If Boaz was in violation of
    private property, there would be better ways to deal with the problem.

My concern is that the local police would be inclined to dismiss this off as a problem involving mainland haoles that just doesn't warrant draining their overtime budget.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kemo For This Useful Post:

Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

This article suggests it could also be a missing Japanese tourist. I wonder how long it will take to ID the victim, and what the body was hanging with. The search warrant affidavits suggested a section of clothesline appeared to be cut at the campsite, and that it may have been used to strangle Brittany, iirc. If it is Bo, I wonder if there will be speculation about a murder/suicide.

http://bigislandnow.com/2014/01/03/b...0-in-kalapana/
    MOO

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paragirl For This Useful Post:

This article suggests it could also be a missing Japanese tourist. I wonder how long it will take to ID the victim, and what the body was hanging with. The search warrant affidavits suggested a section of clothesline appeared to be cut at the campsite, and that it may have been used to strangle Brittany, iirc. If it is Bo, I wonder if there will be speculation about a murder/suicide.

http://bigislandnow.com/2014/01/03/b...0-in-kalapana/
    With the abandoned rental car nearby, I am leaning towards the body being the Japanese tourist. That poor hiker who found it will have nightmares forever.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

Murder mystery solved on the Big Island
    "We have determined that she was murdered by Boaz Johnson," Hawaii Police Department Assistant Chief Henry Tavares said.
    "A composition book found near Boaz body contained three handwritten pages. The writer ID'd himself as Boaz Johnson. He confessed to strangling Brittany while involved in a domestic dispute," Tavares said.
    http://www.khon2.com/news/body-found...murder-suspect

48. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lucky181 For This Useful Post:

Really unfortunate, all of it, for everyone.

For Brittany, for her unborn child, for her family, and for even Bo and his family... all so very sad.
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast