709 users online (82 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Actor Peter O'Toole Has Died

National Breaking News
    ==============================

Actor Peter O'Toole dies

Actor Peter O'Toole died peacefully in a hospital Saturday, his agent Steve
    Kenis said Sunday. O'Toole was 81 years old.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entert...c/-/index.html

Peter O'Toole is dead at 81

By Alan Duke, CNN

updated 1:53 PM EST, Sun December 15, 2013

(CNN) -- Actor Peter O'Toole died Saturday, peacefully in a hospital, his agent Steve Kenis said Sunday. O'Toole was 81 years old.

"Ireland, and the world, has lost one of the giants of film and theatre," Irish President Michael D. Higgins said in a statement...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/15/showbi...bit/index.html

As a child one of the first 'big people' movies I saw was "Lawrence of Arabia," at the picture show in my hometown. Thus Peter O'Toole was a presence in all the subsequent films I have seen. Requiescat in pace T.E. Lawrence. You did much good P. O'T.

I was just coming here to post this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/16/mo...t-81.html?_r=0

Lawrence of Arabia, Becket, A Lion in Winter, The Stuntman, My Favorite Year, so many great roles. I urge anyone who has not seen Dean Spanley to give it a look. You won't be disappointed.

A wonderful actor, great character, Peter O'Toole, you will be missed!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Lawrence of Arabia is one of my favourite movies of all time. No matter how much I learn about either man, I still think of Lawrence as being O'Toole, and vice versa.

Aw... So sad!!!
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Lion In Winter, My Favorite Year, and Goodbye, Mr. Chips are my O'Toole favorites.

RIP.

Hate to admit this but the film I remember him best in is King Ralph. Terrible film, but O'Toole even managed to rise above that and make it watchable.

RIP, Mr. O'Toole.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

One of my favorite actors.

My favorite movie is The Ruling Class

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069198/...nm_flmg_act_71
    Last edited by gogrannypop; 12-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

A scene showing how great an actor O'Toole was. Notice how he expresses so much with almost no dialogue.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Yes, loved him in The Ruling Class where he plays a delusional aristocrat who imagines that he is actually the serial killer Jack the Ripper.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I can't recall which film Dad worked with Peter on, but my father would tell stories about him...always closing with the line "he was always drunk off the set; but he was a civilized one, and that is why I liked him."

Rest, Mr. O'Toole...rest. You did good. Give Dad a great big kiss on the cheek for me, and lift a bottle of whiskey together. You're Home now...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Very good Guardian obit: Peter O'Toole
    ---
    Was O'Toole a great actor? Some said so – not least those who watched him grow up at the Bristol Old Vic in the 1950s. Did he sometimes stray into misguidedness or grotesquerie? Did he occasionally seem "unwell"? He is remembered for the disaster that was his Macbeth at the London Old Vic in 1980 – a performance that sold more steadily the more furiously it was debunked. But that was half the point to being O'Toole. He was a phenomenon and, night to night, moment to moment, you might shift your opinion as he zigzagged in the crosswinds of his own turbulent imagination.
    ---

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast