Actor Peter O'Toole Has Died

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
National Breaking News
==============================

Actor Peter O'Toole dies

Actor Peter O'Toole died peacefully in a hospital Saturday, his agent Steve
Kenis said Sunday. O'Toole was 81 years old.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...t-81/-/1718940/23497956/-/w1pu0c/-/index.html

Peter O'Toole is dead at 81

By Alan Duke, CNN

updated 1:53 PM EST, Sun December 15, 2013

(CNN) -- Actor Peter O'Toole died Saturday, peacefully in a hospital, his agent Steve Kenis said Sunday. O'Toole was 81 years old.

"Ireland, and the world, has lost one of the giants of film and theatre," Irish President Michael D. Higgins said in a statement...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/15/showbiz/peter-otoole-obit/index.html

As a child one of the first 'big people' movies I saw was "Lawrence of Arabia," at the picture show in my hometown. Thus Peter O'Toole was a presence in all the subsequent films I have seen. Requiescat in pace T.E. Lawrence. You did much good P. O'T.

Lawrence of Arabia, Becket, A Lion in Winter, The Stuntman, My Favorite Year, so many great roles. I urge anyone who has not seen Dean Spanley to give it a look. You won't be disappointed.

A wonderful actor, great character, Peter O'Toole, you will be missed!

picture.php

Lawrence of Arabia is one of my favourite movies of all time. No matter how much I learn about either man, I still think of Lawrence as being O'Toole, and vice versa.

Lion In Winter, My Favorite Year, and Goodbye, Mr. Chips are my O'Toole favorites.

RIP.

Hate to admit this but the film I remember him best in is King Ralph. Terrible film, but O'Toole even managed to rise above that and make it watchable.

RIP, Mr. O'Toole.

Yes, loved him in The Ruling Class where he plays a delusional aristocrat who imagines that he is actually the serial killer Jack the Ripper.

I can't recall which film Dad worked with Peter on, but my father would tell stories about him...always closing with the line "he was always drunk off the set; but he was a civilized one, and that is why I liked him."

Rest, Mr. O'Toole...rest. You did good. Give Dad a great big kiss on the cheek for me, and lift a bottle of whiskey together. You're Home now...

Best-
Herding Cats

Very good Guardian obit: Peter O'Toole
---
Was O'Toole a great actor? Some said so – not least those who watched him grow up at the Bristol Old Vic in the 1950s. Did he sometimes stray into misguidedness or grotesquerie? Did he occasionally seem "unwell"? He is remembered for the disaster that was his Macbeth at the London Old Vic in 1980 – a performance that sold more steadily the more furiously it was debunked. But that was half the point to being O'Toole. He was a phenomenon and, night to night, moment to moment, you might shift your opinion as he zigzagged in the crosswinds of his own turbulent imagination.
---

Good story from http://www.popbit*h.com/board.html (replace the asterix and you will find a very British gossip site)

"Also, nice O'Toole story from someone who used to drink with him BITD.
O'Toole and Richard Harris both fancied the same woman and one night, after some drinking, they decided to surprise her by climbing up the drainpipe to her third storey flat and climbing through the window. O'Toole went first and quickly made it up to the window but Harris got caught on the drainpipe about half way up. Unable to go up or down he called for help and O'Toole told him not to worry, he'd get him free right away. He then climbed into the flat, apologised to the young lady then telephoned the police to alert them about a burglar trying to break in who had caught himself on the drainpipe.
Yes, it's probably in a ****ing book somewhere but I can't be bothered to look so this will have to do (which is just how most of the Guardian hacks finish their emails these days)."
deep_stoat 11:11, arf, barf, reply

TCM tribute to Peter O'Toole Sunday, December 29.

8:00 PM Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

A British military officer enlists the Arabs for desert warfare in World War I.

12:00 AM Peter O'Toole: Live from the TCM Classic Film Festival (2012)

1:00 AM Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1969)

In this musical remake, a conservative boys' school teacher falls in love with an actress.

3:45 AM My Favorite Year (1982)

A flamboyant star throws a TV comedy show into chaos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back