1282 users online (241 members and 1041 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

New book coming out by Paula Woodward

Pro-Ramsey reporter Paula Woodward has a book coming out on August 26, 2014. She is very close to the Ramseys.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Ramsey-Listen-Carefully-Fictions/dp/1617731455/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1387225350&sr=8-12&keywords=paula+woodward"]Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully!: Facts, Fictions, Lies, and Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey: Paula Woodward: 9781617731457: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I wonder what part John Ramsey is playing in this book? Just a coincidence that it's coming out after the GJ news?

I don't believe in coincidences in things like this.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

What do you think her opinions will be on the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I don't believe in coincidences in things like this.
    Me neither. Once upon a time, Paula Woodward was a respected investigative reporter. Then, she had some of the Ramsey Kool-Aid and all of her good sense and investigation skills disappeared.

JMO
    Last edited by tezi; 12-16-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: add comment....
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by pageantmom View Post
    What do you think her opinions will be on the case?
    I honestly have no idea, but I'm quite interested to read it. I hope the library gets it in quickly when it's released!

What about you? Do you think it's going to be Ram propaganda or do you think she may have had a change of heart after the indictments were released?
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

It's definitely going to be very pro-Ramsey. A local news channel interviewed her back in January when the news came out, and she mentioned she was writing a book, and also showed JonBenet's artwork that the R's gave her. So it sounds like her book was in progress before the news came out. She said it was due to lack of evidence that Hunter didn't sign the indictment, and she talked to John about the news, so they are close. It sounds like she's been a personal friend of the family for years.

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/27/new-devel...t-ramsey-case/

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    JonBenet Ramsey book, 4 years in works, nears publication

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24791726/jonbenet-ramsey-book-4-years-works-nears-publication?source=rss

(No, it’s not SuperDave’s much anticipated book.)

From the article (bbm):
    'Nobody knows what I think now'

Woodward, who lives in the Denver area, said the book is being written with John Ramsey's cooperation.

"I visited with him in Charlevoix (Mich.) in 2009 and asked him to participate in the book, and explained my reasons for doing the book," she said.

"I have cooperation from John Ramsey, from law enforcement people, from Ramsey attorneys, from people involved on the periphery. A lot of people seemed willing to talk. Some were anonymous, but they are known to me -- and my editor, of course."

Woodward acknowledged that she is perceived by some followers of the case as being convinced of all family members' innocence. But she dismissed any preconceptions about her thoughts concerning the mystery.

"That case was full of misperceptions, and nobody knows what I thought then and after reviewing it for four years, nobody knows what I think now," she said.

She also said, "This is doing investigative reporting: Here's the best information I can get. Decide for yourself."
    Yeah, right. Written with “cooperation from John Ramsey” and “Ramsey attorneys,” but we don’t know what she thinks now? Okay. We WILL decide for ourselves.

(I have already.)

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

Woodward's book is set to be released August 24th. When is SuperDave's book coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mama2JML View Post
    Woodward's book is set to be released August 24th. When is SuperDave's book coming out?
    Yes, wondering about SuperDave's as well.

Too bad she didn't consult with ST or JK - the fact that she consulted with JR says a lot. I wonder who she consulted with from BPD.
    She should have found a few GJ members, and asked them why the reached the verdict to charge the R's. I won't waste any money on her book.

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24791726/jonbenet-ramsey-book-4-years-works-nears-publication?source=rss

From the article (bbm):

Woodward, who lives in the Denver area, said the book is being written with John Ramsey's cooperation.

"I visited with him in Charlevoix (Mich.) in 2009 and asked him to participate in the book, and explained my reasons for doing the book," she said.

"I have cooperation from John Ramsey, from law enforcement people, from Ramsey attorneys, from people involved on the periphery. A lot of people seemed willing to talk. Some were anonymous, but they are known to me -- and my editor, of course."

Woodward acknowledged that she is perceived by some followers of the case as being convinced of all family members' innocence. But she dismissed any preconceptions about her thoughts concerning the mystery.

"That case was full of misperceptions, and nobody knows what I thought then and after reviewing it for four years, nobody knows what I think now," she said.

She also said, "This is doing investigative reporting: Here's the best information I can get. Decide for yourself."
    Yeah, right. Written with “cooperation from John Ramsey” and “Ramsey attorneys,” but we don’t know what she thinks now? Okay. We WILL decide for ourselves.

(I have already.)
    At least SG, DA, was Not enthusiastic about another R book.

Of course, anyone can choose any title for a book which he/she believes encapsulates the message. I don’t even have to read the Woodward book to feel a colossal ego behind the book from its title, as though Ms. Woodward has the absolute final word on what is Fiction, Lies and Legend. “’Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully!’: Facts, Fictions, Lies and Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey”. Hubris and truly pathetic for a person trained in investigative reporting. Her little cute statement in the Daily Camera was "I hope someone sues me for not getting permission to publish their ransom note." Right, the Intruder is going to sue Woodward. Gimmee a break. moo
    Last edited by questfortrue; 12-26-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post

From the article (bbm):

(I have already.)
    Love the Link!
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Love the Link!
    More:
    http://www.simulstream.com/mp3.html

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    Me neither. Once upon a time, Paula Woodward was a respected investigative reporter. Then, she had some of the Ramsey Kool-Aid and all of her good sense and investigation skills disappeared.

JMO
    LOL Love it!!

That damn Kool-Aid'll getcha every damn time ;-)

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlene733510 View Post
    Too bad she didn't consult with ST or JK - the fact that she consulted with JR says a lot. I wonder who she consulted with from BPD.
    She should have found a few GJ members, and asked them why the reached the verdict to charge the R's. I won't waste any money on her book.
    I would bet she didn't speak to ANYONE in the BPD. I bet her comment about speaking to "law enforcement" refers to the DA's office (including AH and ML).
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast