New book coming out by Paula Woodward

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
Pro-Ramsey reporter Paula Woodward has a book coming out on August 26, 2014. She is very close to the Ramseys.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Ramsey-Listen-Carefully-Fictions/dp/1617731455/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1387225350&sr=8-12&keywords=paula+woodward"]Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully!: Facts, Fictions, Lies, and Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey: Paula Woodward: 9781617731457: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I wonder what part John Ramsey is playing in this book? Just a coincidence that it's coming out after the GJ news?

I don't believe in coincidences in things like this.

I don't believe in coincidences in things like this.

Me neither. Once upon a time, Paula Woodward was a respected investigative reporter. Then, she had some of the Ramsey Kool-Aid and all of her good sense and investigation skills disappeared.

JMO

What do you think her opinions will be on the case?

I honestly have no idea, but I'm quite interested to read it. I hope the library gets it in quickly when it's released!

What about you? Do you think it's going to be Ram propaganda or do you think she may have had a change of heart after the indictments were released?

It's definitely going to be very pro-Ramsey. A local news channel interviewed her back in January when the news came out, and she mentioned she was writing a book, and also showed JonBenet's artwork that the R's gave her. So it sounds like her book was in progress before the news came out. She said it was due to lack of evidence that Hunter didn't sign the indictment, and she talked to John about the news, so they are close. It sounds like she's been a personal friend of the family for years.

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/27/new-developments-surface-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case/

JonBenet Ramsey book, 4 years in works, nears publication

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24791726/jonbenet-ramsey-book-4-years-works-nears-publication?source=rss

(No, it’s not SuperDave’s much anticipated book.)

From the article (bbm):
'Nobody knows what I think now'

Woodward, who lives in the Denver area, said the book is being written with John Ramsey's cooperation.

"I visited with him in Charlevoix (Mich.) in 2009 and asked him to participate in the book, and explained my reasons for doing the book," she said.

"I have cooperation from John Ramsey, from law enforcement people, from Ramsey attorneys, from people involved on the periphery. A lot of people seemed willing to talk. Some were anonymous, but they are known to me -- and my editor, of course."

Woodward acknowledged that she is perceived by some followers of the case as being convinced of all family members' innocence. But she dismissed any preconceptions about her thoughts concerning the mystery.

"That case was full of misperceptions, and nobody knows what I thought then and after reviewing it for four years, nobody knows what I think now," she said.

She also said, "This is doing investigative reporting: Here's the best information I can get. Decide for yourself."
Yeah, right. Written with “cooperation from John Ramsey” and “Ramsey attorneys,” but we don’t know what she thinks now? Okay. We WILL decide for ourselves.

(I have already.)

Woodward's book is set to be released August 24th. When is SuperDave's book coming out?

Too bad she didn't consult with ST or JK - the fact that she consulted with JR says a lot. I wonder who she consulted with from BPD.
She should have found a few GJ members, and asked them why the reached the verdict to charge the R's. I won't waste any money on her book.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24791726/jonbenet-ramsey-book-4-years-works-nears-publication?source=rss

From the article (bbm):

Woodward, who lives in the Denver area, said the book is being written with John Ramsey's cooperation.

"I visited with him in Charlevoix (Mich.) in 2009 and asked him to participate in the book, and explained my reasons for doing the book," she said.

"I have cooperation from John Ramsey, from law enforcement people, from Ramsey attorneys, from people involved on the periphery. A lot of people seemed willing to talk. Some were anonymous, but they are known to me -- and my editor, of course."

Woodward acknowledged that she is perceived by some followers of the case as being convinced of all family members' innocence. But she dismissed any preconceptions about her thoughts concerning the mystery.

"That case was full of misperceptions, and nobody knows what I thought then and after reviewing it for four years, nobody knows what I think now," she said.

She also said, "This is doing investigative reporting: Here's the best information I can get. Decide for yourself."
Yeah, right. Written with “cooperation from John Ramsey” and “Ramsey attorneys,” but we don’t know what she thinks now? Okay. We WILL decide for ourselves.

(I have already.)

At least SG, DA, was Not enthusiastic about another R book.

Of course, anyone can choose any title for a book which he/she believes encapsulates the message. I don’t even have to read the Woodward book to feel a colossal ego behind the book from its title, as though Ms. Woodward has the absolute final word on what is Fiction, Lies and Legend. “’Mr. Ramsey, Listen Carefully!’: Facts, Fictions, Lies and Legends in the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey”. Hubris and truly pathetic for a person trained in investigative reporting. Her little cute statement in the Daily Camera was "I hope someone sues me for not getting permission to publish their ransom note." Right, the Intruder is going to sue Woodward. Gimmee a break. moo

From the article (bbm):

(I have already.)

Love the Link!

Me neither. Once upon a time, Paula Woodward was a respected investigative reporter. Then, she had some of the Ramsey Kool-Aid and all of her good sense and investigation skills disappeared.

JMO

LOL Love it!!

That damn Kool-Aid'll getcha every damn time ;-)

Too bad she didn't consult with ST or JK - the fact that she consulted with JR says a lot. I wonder who she consulted with from BPD.
She should have found a few GJ members, and asked them why the reached the verdict to charge the R's. I won't waste any money on her book.

I would bet she didn't speak to ANYONE in the BPD. I bet her comment about speaking to "law enforcement" refers to the DA's office (including AH and ML).

I guess we will have to wait and see. I am curious about the book. That is about it now.

""I think at this point, not much that can be said about the case or reported about the case or written about the case has any effect anymore," said Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, who declined to be interviewed for the book. "This is really a cold case. Too much time has passed; too much has already been made public."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/12/27/JonBenet-Ramsey-book-on-the-way/8841388154568/#ixzz2ogkQXuTO

His quote bothers me because it sounds like he has no real interest in finding who killed her. I don't believe this book will have the answers but I don't like the way he just kind of seem to have thrown up his hands at the whole case. jmo

JMO

Lou Smit was damn good at what he did, was well respected and still is by his friends, family and co-workers. Once someone doesn't agree with RDI's, they are crazy, Kool-aide drinkers. They have seen the evidence came up with a different opinion, that doesn't make them crazy kool-aide drinkers, especially if you look at their previous work. Smit had 100% record on solving murder cases until this one. Way more experience than anyone in BPD when it came to solving murders.

This book has all ready being pre ordered by 1000's, and the author didn't have to pay to have her worked published, that speaks volumes to me.

Lou Smit was damn good at what he did, was well respected and still is by his friends, family and co-workers.
...and many, many others.
Once someone doesn't agree with RDI's, they are crazy, Kool-aide drinkers. They have seen the evidence came up with a different opinion, that doesn't make them crazy kool-aide drinkers, especially if you look at their previous work.
Agreed.

From the article (bbm):

(I have already.)

I know what I think also...I don't think I will read this book...It will be just another "story" about how John and Patsy didn't do anything wrong.

LOL Love it!!

That damn Kool-Aid'll getcha every damn time ;-)

Yep, and she's been drinking the "Ramsey Kool-Aid" for a long time.

Lou Smit was damn good at what he did, was well respected and still is by his friends, family and co-workers. Once someone doesn't agree with RDI's, they are crazy, Kool-aide drinkers. They have seen the evidence came up with a different opinion, that doesn't make them crazy kool-aide drinkers, especially if you look at their previous work. Smit had 100% record on solving murder cases until this one. Way more experience than anyone in BPD when it came to solving murders.

This book has all ready being pre ordered by 1000's, and the author didn't have to pay to have her worked published, that speaks volumes to me.

Well, we have differing opinions, and I feel that just because Kolar paid himself to have his book published, that says more to me, than Woodward being paid to write her book. Gee, I wonder how much John Ramsey gave her to put "their side" of the story out again? That's something to think about...

Yes, Smit was good at his job when he found Heather Dawn Church's killer. In this case however, he didn't do his job. Read Kolar's book, he points out lots of things that Smit ignored...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back