Mega Millions prize passes half-a-billion, could set new lottery record

Will you play? Write in votes are allowed..

• Total voters

Softail

Reaction score
Mega Millions prize passes half-a-billion, could set new lottery record

Christmas could come early for one lucky winner this year if they scoop more than half-a-billion dollars in prize money up for grabs in Tuesday’s Mega Millions jackpot.

A last-minute ticket buying frenzy saw the prize swell to $586 million on Monday, and Virginia’s lottery director Paula Otto told Reuters she expected another spike in sales before Tuesday’s 11 p.m. ET draw.

"We've never had a jackpot this high the week before Christmas," Otto told Reuters. "You like to see winners and you like to see big jackpots. I leave it in the hands of the bouncing balls.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...f-a-billion-could-set-new-lottery-record?lite

I'll buy a few tickets. It can't hurt right? :dunno: Now that they have added extra numbers, I just don't see anyone winning... :sigh:

Nope! You can't complain about your taxes being too high when you voluntarily pay an optional tax which is what this is. In practice, it's a regressive tax that exploits the poor.

You also face problems like the Graeme Thorne ransom kidnapping and murder following a lottery win by his parents.

I bought a couple. I never buy them, but the news kept saying it was just such a high amount and everyone should try, lol!

I secretly hope to win. I want a house, a reliable car, and money to cover medical expenses and perhaps a retirement. Not too much to wish for is it?

Perhaps I should have just wished for socks and underclothes as usual. :sigh:

I bought a couple. I never buy them, but the news kept saying it was just such a high amount and everyone should try, lol!

I secretly hope to win. I want a house, a reliable car, and money to cover medical expenses and perhaps a retirement. Not too much to wish for is it?

Perhaps I should have just wished for socks and underclothes as usual. :sigh:

Me too. I always think if I won, I would make sure the kids all have homes that are paid for, college tuition for the grandkids, and maybe some traveling for us. It's fun to dream isn't it? :)

Me too. I always think if I won, I would make sure the kids all have homes that are paid for, college tuition for the grandkids, and maybe some traveling for us. It's fun to dream isn't it? :)

It sure is! Of course I would take care of my family in addition to me, if I win anything, which I will not.

The way I see it. I might buy a ticket or 2 once a year. That is a $2 dream, that would only get 2 pair of socks at Dollar Tree anyhow, and I can dream for a few minutes out of the dreary day. The $2 contribution is not going to make me go without food, if it would, I wouldn't do it. For some it may be harmful to donate the $2, for some it is an addiction. For me, it is a toy to dream with, and it can't hurt to have a minute or so to remember I once had a dream. :)

Merry Christmas Dreams and Good Luck to Everyone! :blowkiss: :santa:

Thanks I was just going to start a thread on this! Yes, I'm going to play. I am getting five tickets.
Recently I found one of my ancestors that was in WWI and he received a silver star and a purple heart. So on his records with Lib of Congress, there were all these dates, the date he signed up; the date he left service his birthday; death date, etc. I'm playing all those numbers and a few of my own as well. hehe.

What and how are you picking your numbers?

It really is such a sweet thing to dream about!
I'd start my idea about Regional Channels on the ID channel for a new Court TV lmao! And I'd hire some of you!
I'd travel; I'd buy my loved ones homes, cars, etc.

And I'd give to my charities of choice, usually wildlife defenders, audubon, etc. Organizations that help with defending those animals that will become extinct...etc.

I would have my attic completely refurbed and turn it into a loft. I would have my basement completely refurbed and turned into a work space for DH. I would buy a summer home right on the beach. The beaches of WHERE is the ?

lol Dream Hard,
Dream Big!:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:
And Good Luck To All!!

Already bought one. And yes, I know the odds, but on the off chance I win the lottery rather than being hit by an asteroid, I figured what the heck.

I've got mine...crossing my fingers!

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to buy a house, new vehicles (nothing fancy just new and under warranty) put money back for kids college, gift some items needed for family members, pay off all bills and start my non for profit kid center for the latchkeys and loose ends kids that roam my neighborhood.

It will have a computer learning/homework center, video gaming center, basketball court and playground, and be staffed by background checked and accredited staff with education in social work and/or child psychology.

It will be a safe place for the kids who so badly need it around here. We will have mentors from the community who can spend time with the kids teaching them that they can achieve goals outside this neighborhood and outside of entitlement programs and help them set those goals. There will be scholarships for kids who apply themselves to staying in school and performing well, so they can go to college, full ride.

And then I will do some travelling.

What and how are you picking your numbers?

I'm gonna splurge and get $10.00 worth! :giggle: I do 5 QP and 5 with numbers that are special to me.

I'm going to buy a house, new vehicles (nothing fancy just new and under warranty) put money back for kids college, gift some items needed for family members, pay off all bills and start my non for profit kid center for the latchkeys and loose ends kids that roam my neighborhood.

It will have a computer learning/homework center, video gaming center, basketball court and playground, and be staffed by background checked and accredited staff with education in social work and/or child psychology.

It will be a safe place for the kids who so badly need it around here. We will have mentors from the community who can spend time with the kids teaching them that they can achieve goals outside this neighborhood and outside of entitlement programs and help them set those goals. There will be scholarships for kids who apply themselves to staying in school and performing well, so they can go to college, full ride.

And then I will do some travelling.

That is awesome! :thumb: Good Luck!

Just bought mine! :drumroll:

I'm going to win! :crossfingers:

Who's going to share it with me?

:dance::skip::winner::please::please:

Why not? You know the old saying, you can't win if you don't play :). The odds are horrible, but they are worse if I don't buy a few tickets, lol

I want to buy a house, just a small one so I can have a Doberman, of course I will then buy a top of the line Dobie (all Dobies are top of the line, but I had hereditary issues with one of my babies who is now on the other side). I would contribute to the organizations that work to improve old neighborhoods that have slumped, because I'll be buying a vintage house, and I want to contribute to the neighborhood as a whole improving. There are a lot of at risk youth organizations in Downtown Phx, so it would be fabulous to contribute to those, as I don't have any children of my own.

Also, I want to be able to take classes to learn about whatever I want to and buy center ice season tickets to see my Coyotes games. :)

My mom has everything she needs so I guess I get to be selfish :)

is it true that almost half of it goes to taxes? I'm Canadian and our lotteries are different

I would buy WS a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG NEWWWWWWWWWWWWW server! ;)

I hope someone wins! I won't play tho......hate to throw away a dollar. :)

I didnt get any but if I did and won big the first thing I would do is delete my FB and leave town before anyone found out and started hitting me for money. Can you imagine the mail and calls you would get after getting that rich?

I didnt get any but if I did and won big the first thing I would do is delete my FB and leave town before anyone found out and started hitting me for money. Can you imagine the mail and calls you would get after getting that rich?

just hire a personal assistant who could direct all requests to your financial advisor and attorney

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back