1240 users online (280 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

ME - Tobi Lam, 22, Bangor, 14 Dec 2013

Tobi Lam

Tobi Lam is a 22 year old man who was last seen in Bangor, Maine on Sunday, December 14th, 2013 at about 10:30 pm. His family states that when they woke up, Lam was simply gone. Lam who is new to the area, had no friends or other places to go.

It has been noted that Lam’s disappearance comes nearly a month after Cecil Worcester, 46, was reported missing. That case remains open as well.

Height - 5' 8"
    Weight - 180 lbs.
    Lam is of Asian decent. He has black hair and brown eyes.

Please call Bangor police at 947-7384. The department’s tip line can be reached by pressing extension 6.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/12/1...thout-success/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Where did he move from? Maybe he headed back that way?

Bangor, ME has a population of a little less than 33, 000 people. Two men (Tobi and Cecil) have gone missing in this town in the last 3 weeks or so....

Link about Cecil's disappearance:
    http://bangordailynews.com/2013/11/2...ref=relatedBox
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Both men are 5'8 and 180lbs.

Tobi's first name is Si. He goes by the nickname Lee as well. He wears prescription glasses.

Tobi was last seen at 10:30 Saturday night and his family reported him missing at 10:45 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ct...5/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
    Where did he move from? Maybe he headed back that way?
    I was wondering that also because the Bangor Daily News article stated the family said he was wearing dark "winter pants". If the family moved from some place warmer, winter may have been a new experience for them. It has been bitter. We had a foot of snow overnight Saturday. I don't know how much Bangor got. I heard weather reports last weekend that the predicted the entire length of the Maine Turnpike would be affected by snow. I don't recall what day that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I was wondering that also because the Bangor Daily News article stated the family said he was wearing dark "winter pants". If the family moved from some place warmer, winter may have been a new experience for them. It has been bitter. We had a foot of snow overnight Saturday. I don't know how much Bangor got. I heard weather reports last weekend that the predicted the entire length of the Maine Turnpike would be affected by snow. I don't recall what day that was.
    "Winter pants" to me would be synonymous with snow pants no? In which case at least he would be appropriately dressed. I don't really understand why he was reported missing so quickly. He was last seen at 10:30pm Saturday night (the time his family perhaps retired for the night) and reported missing at 10:30am the next morning. Was he usually an early riser? Why would they not assume he went for a walk/ a coffee/shopping etc. He is 22 years old and an adult. There has to be something else we do not know and the reason why they were concerned and called the police so quickly.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by GinaSeikwa View Post
    "Winter pants" to me would be synonymous with snow pants no? In which case at least he would be appropriately dressed. I don't really understand why he was reported missing so quickly. He was last seen at 10:30pm Saturday night (the time his family perhaps retired for the night) and reported missing at 10:30am the next morning. Was he usually an early riser? Why would they not assume he went for a walk/ a coffee/shopping etc. He is 22 years old and an adult. There has to be something else we do not know and the reason why they were concerned and called the police so quickly.
    Yes, I agree, I think there must be some other reason for immediate concern. I'm hesitant to start listing them without any evidence, but I do think the timescale seems a little unusual.

Be on the lookout: Four who were subject of Maine searches in 2013 still missing

Geraldine Largay. Cecil Worster. Renald Poulin. Si “Tobi” Lam.

They are the four people who vanished in Maine in 2013 and who, despite extensive efforts to find them, remain missing as the new year unfolds.

[snip]

Lam, 22, last was seen by his family in Bangor around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, according to Bangor police. He was reported missing the next day.

A police canine team combed the area around his home on Monday, Dec. 16, without any success, Rumsey said at that time.

Lam is new to the area. The family told police that Lam was gone when they woke up, and they had no indication of where he may have gone.
    Lam has no friends in the area that the family knows of, Rumsey said.

Lam stands 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighs 180 pounds, has dark hair and brown eyes and wears glasses. He may have been wearing a dark jacket and dark winter pants.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/1...still-missing/

This is an older case, but I wonder if the Tobi Lam in this Cape Coral, FL obituary from May 2014 could be the same guy? A couple things stand out to me - both have this unusual name, this TL was 23 (missing TL was 22 when he went missing), and one of the comments on the tribute wall says "I have prayed daily for you and your family since December" - he went missing in December.

http://www.fortmyersmemorial.com/obi...#!/TributeWall

Quote Originally Posted by Unsolved View Post
    This is an older case, but I wonder if the Tobi Lam in this Cape Coral, FL obituary from May 2014 could be the same guy? A couple things stand out to me - both have this unusual name, this TL was 23 (missing TL was 22 when he went missing), and one of the comments on the tribute wall says "I have prayed daily for you and your family since December" - he went missing in December.

http://www.fortmyersmemorial.com/obi...#!/TributeWall
    I would let the le on his case know about this. Its very possible. I would do it, but unfortunately, I cant view anything on the obit page.
    In case the rambling text doesnt give it away... all posts are my opinion only and only for use on WebSleuths!

Quote Originally Posted by kshultz06082 View Post
    I would let the le on his case know about this. Its very possible. I would do it, but unfortunately, I cant view anything on the obit page.
    I emailed Bangor police Sgt. Cathy Rumsey to ask her to check it out (her name was in the Bangor news articles posted upthread), and I will post if I receive any answer.

Of course, it could be that his case was closed long ago, and I asked her to please let me know if so, so a Mod can mark this case as located.

It would have helped a lot if there was a picture of him on the obituary site.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I did receive an answer today from LE. The obituary I saw IS the same Tobi Lam, and this can now be marked "Located" - RIP Tobi

Mary,

We did have a missing persons case regarding Tobi Lam, and that case has been closed. Unfortunately the obituary you saw is the same Tobi Lam.

Thank you,
    Catherine

Lt. Catherine E. Rumsey
    Bangor Police Department
    240 Main Street
    Bangor, Maine 04401
    (207)947-7384 ext 5706

Good job Unsolved..