840 users online (122 members and 718 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: repair url tags.

Reminders:
    * if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

* use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

* copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

* linking to forums is not allowed

* treat opposing views respectfully
    -Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

* add a link to all photos (including attached thumbnails), documents and facts or posts will be removed.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 12-18-2013 at 09:28 AM.

For those that are fluent in Italian, is this translation correct?

“She opened the door with the keys and I went inside. I noticed that Filomena’s door was wide-open and glass on the floor and the room was in a mess. Amanda’s door was open and instead everything was in order. Then I went by Meredith’s door and I saw that it was key locked. First I looked if it was true what Amanda told me about blood in the bathroom and I noticed drops of blood in the sink, while on the bathmat there was something strange, a sort of mixture of water and blood, while the rest of the bathroom was clean… The rest was in order. At that very moment Amanda entered the big bathroom and came out frightened, strongly hugging me telling me that before, when she had the shower, she had seen some feces in the toilet that as opposed to now was clean. I asked myself what was happening and went out to see if I could manage to climb to Meredith’s window… I tried to breakdown the door but I didn’t succeed and at that point I decided to call my sister and get her advice because she is a lieutenant in the Carabinieri. She told me to call 112, but in the meantime the postal police arrived. In the previous statement I told you a lot of crap because she [AK] convinced me of her version of the facts and I didn’t think of the inconsistencies."

http://www.corriere.it/cronache/07_n...arzanini.shtml

In her email, did Knox say that she tried to look through the keyhole of Meredith's bedroom door?

AMANDA KNOX AND HER LAWYERS DEMOLISH ALL ACCUSATIONS
    http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/am...l-accusations/

Meredith Kercher Family Attorney Makes False Accusations Against Amanda Knox
    http://groundreport.com/meredith-ker...t-amanda-knox/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSmith View Post
    Reading Crini's rambling speech I cannot shake the impression that he indeed doesn't care that much about getting a conviction.

He seems aware that what he's saying makes little sense and already has been demolished by the defence, as he has read the trial file. He seems resigned in his task that was assigned to him, fully aware that the material he has to work with is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Reading Crini's rambling speech I cannot shake the impression that he indeed doesn't care that much about getting a conviction.

He seems aware that what he's saying makes little sense and already has been demolished by the defence, as he has read the trial file. He seems resigned in his task that was assigned to him, fully aware that the material he has to work with is worthless.
    I guess it remains to be seen. But it's interesting that you should say this, because the day he spoke about the unflushed toilet motive, it did flash through my mind, "What if he really doesn't care, and is maybe resigned to losing the case?". I don't think it's clear that the convictions will be upheld. Nor does it seem as clear as with Hellmann that they will be overturned. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSmith View Post

Meredith Kercher Family Attorney Makes False Accusations Against Amanda Knox
    http://groundreport.com/meredith-ker...t-amanda-knox/
    So it was her attorneys who made the decision she would not be present in court (some on other forums suggested she had gone against her lawyers' wishes that she appear):

Ghirga then went directly to last August, when he and Dalla Vedova went to meet her in Seattle: “Despite the contract and the fact that she had gone back to school, we found her emotionally devastated and scared, and together we decided it was not the case that she should appear in court”.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    In her email, did Knox say that she tried to look through the keyhole of Meredith's bedroom door?
    I will check her email, but I know Vogt had said in her review of Knox's book, that she had said originally that she had seen Meredith's purse through the keyhole, but later in her book omitted the purse, and said she had seen nothing.

I don't see anything in the email about the keyhole, no: Only knocking on the door, going out to the terrace to try and look into the room, but couldn't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I don't see anything in the email about the keyhole, no: Only knocking on the door, going out to the terrace to try and look into the room, but couldn't see anything.
    The purse means nothing. Meredith had many and in fact went out carrying another one that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    The purse means nothing. Meredith had many and in fact went out carrying another one that night.
    OK - I'm not sure as to why Otto was asking...

A lot of the translations on the fake wiki site are done by LS (aka Thoughtful) who wrote a chapter about the case in her book "Maths on Trial". The author <modsnip> (imo based on things she's written on forums) who played crime tourist and went to the cottage and trespassed not only onto the property but inside the house and took photographs because the door was open.

Her co-author and daughter CC's husband was friends with the killer Rudy Guede.

Math on Trial: How Numbers Get Used and Abused in the Courtroom: Leila Schneps, Coralie Colmez: 9780465032921: Amazon.com: Books
    Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

I didn't realize that I'd posted a snip from the fake transcript in a thread that was closing and I don't know how to bring posts over here. But I want to reiterate that I have NOT been following the case closely and I'm not sure how or why anyone would dispute that. The reason why I posted was because I was shocked that someone took the trouble to create a mock up of a trial transcript that totally appeared at first glance to be an actual trial transcript. When I glanced at it, I thought it was real. And if I had skipped right to the testimony, I never would have known it was just the typing of some random internet person who calls themselves Thoughtful. That is beyond bizarre, imo.

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast