868 users online (163 members and 705 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1065
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    I didn't realize that I'd posted a snip from the fake transcript in a thread that was closing and I don't know how to bring posts over here. But I want to reiterate that I have NOT been following the case closely and I'm not sure how or why anyone would dispute that. The reason why I posted was because I was shocked that someone took the trouble to create a mock up of a trial transcript that totally appeared at first glance to be an actual trial transcript. When I glanced at it, I thought it was real. And if I had skipped right to the testimony, I never would have known it was just the typing of some random internet person who calls themselves Thoughtful. That is beyond bizarre, imo.
    But doesn't the "other site" also have someone translating the transcripts for them?

    I don't understand.

    If they hadn't posted that "disclaimer," and then one word was left out or a couple of words were deleted due to having to fit on the page, then people would be up in arms and shouting out "how could they??! How could they??"

    I see it as a technicality that they have to post that to let people know that a few words here and there might have been taken out or something might have been done to formatt the page correctly.

    I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

    Also, the people on the other site would have had to do the same thing, in order to format it correctly.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    It's ridiculous that it is being bashed because of where it is hosted. The actual trial is in Italian of course it isn't the actual transcript. It is translated. Please if we are going to accuse it of being inaccurate, take the time to compare two translations and point out the major flaws.

    It was made simple to read in format but the testimony is the testimony.

    If machine translations are used here and are by no means accurate then this one should be. It's way better than how a machine "interprets" the text.
    Yes, exactly. There are many, many links on here to machine translations. And sometimes people just put up the link of the Italian version to back up their points, like we are supposed to be able to do anything with that. So therefore we have to use Google translate on it by necessity.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    But doesn't the "other site" also have someone translating the transcripts for them?

    I don't understand.

    If they hadn't posted that "disclaimer," and then one word was left out or a couple of words were deleted due to having to fit on the page, then people would be up in arms and shouting out "how could they??! How could they??"

    I see it as a technicality that they have to post that to let people know that a few words here and there might have been taken out or something might have been done to formatt the page correctly.

    I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

    Also, the people on the other site would have had to do the same thing, in order to format it correctly.
    I didn't intend to make a big deal out of it OR argue about it. I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do. I have just been reading along a little bit in this thread recently and it surprised ME that it was what it was. I don't have any context for the feelings about it on this thread. I was just very surprised myself, for the reasons I mentioned in my prior posts. No agenda whatsoever.

    Salem has said to drop it. So I have (not that I intended to pursue it further in the first place). But since your post was directed to me, I felt like I should respond.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    I didn't intend to make a big deal out of it OR argue about it. I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do. I have just been reading along a little bit in this thread recently and it surprised ME that it was what it was. I don't have any context for the feelings about it on this thread. I was just very surprised myself, for the reasons I mentioned in my prior posts. No agenda whatsoever.

    Salem has said to drop it. So I have (not that I intended to pursue it further in the first place). But since your post was directed to me, I felt like I should respond.
    Let's drop it, and all get along

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Oh, sorry, just got to Salem's message that we are not allowed to discuss the issue with translations anymore, but I had already posted a couple about it.

    So I'll stop now
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Let's drop it, and all get along
    My apologies...I always start from the back and work forward through the posts, so did not see Salem's message.

    Didn't mean to dredge it back up
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Oh, sorry, just got to Salem's message that we are not allowed to discuss the issue with translations anymore, but I had already posted a couple about it.

    So I'll stop now

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    @ Karmady, I'm not going to quote your post here, but I thought this part was funny:

    "I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do."

    Honey, everything causes a big to do on here!

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    My apologies...I always start from the back and work forward through the posts, so did not see Salem's message.

    Didn't mean to dredge it back up

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    LOL SMK....you are very excited today!! Hee hee.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    @ Karmady, I'm not going to quote your post here, but I thought this part was funny:

    "I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do."

    Honey, everything causes a big to do on here!

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    LOL SMK....you are very excited today!! Hee hee.
    I am kind of hyper

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,930
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I am kind of hyper
    I'm just listening to this ... no idea whether it's worth listening to.

    http://raasnio.com/GenerationWhyPodcast/amanda-knox/

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I'm just listening to this ... no idea whether it's worth listening to.

    http://raasnio.com/GenerationWhyPodcast/amanda-knox/
    Oh, thanks for the link- I was reading about this earlier. I think it is well worth listening to.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952

    Generation whY Podcast show: Amanda Knox case

    I listened to quite a bit of the Podcast. (Generation whY)

    Amanda Knox. Nov. 2nd, 2007, In Perugia, Italy, Meredith Kercher, a British exchange student, was found murdered in her bedroom. Of her three roommates only one could not adequately explain her whereabouts the evening before the discovery of the body.

    With mounting evidence against her, American exchange student Amanda Knox has still maintained her innocence and has amassed a large support base in the United States.

    Did police in Italy botch the investigation? Or was Amanda Knox responsible for the death of her roommate? Join us as we wade through this controversial case.http://raasnio.com/GenerationWhyPodcast/amanda-knox/


    It's refreshing to hear people who are not obsessed with the case, and more or less outside the loop, examine it with fresh eyes and from a common sense or lay perspective.

    They speak of the Postal Police immediately seeing Filomena's room as staged. (and agree)

    They also speak of Amanda's inconsistencies. (while viewing her I think liberally and giving her the benefit of the doubt)

    They concede that Guede could have overpowered and killed Meredith as a lone wolf, but that the degree and kind of the injuries (the direction of the knife wounds as coming from 2 sources) seem to indicate others present and participating.

    The 2 hosts appear to be leaning in their conclusions that Knox was involved in Kercher's murder.

    Anyway, thanks Otto, for linking this
    Last edited by SMK; 12-19-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  4. Replies: 1150
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread