1% of American women studied claim to have had virgin births

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Believe it or not, in this study, nearly 1% (0.8%) of women claim to have gotten pregnant "independent of men."

The researchers found that although the mothers in question were more likely to have boys than girls, and to be pregnant during the weeks leading up to Christmas, neither similarity to the Virgin Mary was statistically significant.

more info here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...nt-of-american-women-studied/article16022966/

Sounds to me from this study, like these females don't understand the reproductive cycle, and how you can get pregnant, even without intercourse, or with withdrawal. Most had had little information about conception and had signed "chastity pledges". Probably like Jodi Arias's ideas about Mormon sex- that everything else but intercourse is okay.

Of those who said they became pregnant as virgins, 31 per cent also said they had signed chastity pledges; 15 per cent of nonvirgins who became pregnant said they had signed such pledges, in which a girl vows not to have sex until she marries.

So, basically signing a chastity pledge makes you more likely to turn into a liar if/when you end up having sex anyway?

So, basically signing a chastity pledge makes you more likely to turn into a liar if/when you end up having sex anyway?
I didn't call them a liar- I think they think you can only get pregnant if you have vaginal intercourse- which we all know is not true. They probably did everything else and figured they were keeping their pledges.

I didn't call them a liar- I think they think you can only get pregnant if you have vaginal intercourse- which we all know is not true. They probably did everything else and figured they were keeping their pledges.

No, you didn't call them liars but I do. :) I think most of them knew exactly what they were doing but were being little hypocrites in the interviews.

The article isn't quite clear but it sounds like they were asked "are you having sex" at several times and then the researchers looked at births later and calculated nine months backwards to the probable time of conception and oops, perhaps it wasn't strictly true what they were saying at the time. It would be different if the girls had already given birth and knew that the interviewers knew it and yet they'd say, no I'm a virgin mother, I don't have any idea how I got pregnant.

Saying "I have no idea how I got pregnant" surely does not equal a virgin birth! But I do believe the statement that many of them might not know how they got pregnant.

Parthenogenesis is theoretically possible in human beings - though it's never been observed. It would actually be very interesting if it happens - the daughter would be a twin of the mother!

Not only in America, Italy too:

http://www./1101399/pregnant-nun/source/outbrain/

A pregnant nun, from the Italian town of Rieti, gave birth to a baby after stating that she didn’t know she was pregnant. She said, after entering hospital, that she was having severe abdominal pains, which she assumed were stomach cramps.

When the stomach cramps turned out to be a baby boy, the nun, Roxana Rodriguez – and most other people – was shocked. The 31-year-old nun, originally from El Salvador, who belonged to a convent in Rieti, said she had absolutely no idea whatsoever that she was pregnant, suggesting that, perhaps, it was an ‘immaculate conception.’

Read more at http://www./1101399/pregnant-nun/#ChCPYWVGC2JVs6pB.99

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire