NY NY - Frank Goldberg, 36, Buffalo, 16 Dec 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
A well known member of the local Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender community has gone missing.

Frank Goldberg, aka Aimee Goldberg
AR-131218822.jpg&maxW=174
fg.jpg

Frank Goldberg, 36, has been missing since Monday evening December 15th, 2013. She was last seen leaving her brother's home in Buffalo. She was last seen wearing a hunter green canvas coat with a hood, blue jeans, black laced boots and black wire framed eyeglasses.

FindFrankGoldberg@gmail.com or https://www.facebook.com/FindFrankGoldberg?fref=ts Or contact Karin at (716) 863-6906.

Height - 5' 5"
Weight - 150 lbs.
Goldberg is a white female (transgender to male) with graying blonde hair.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/west-side/lgbt-activist-reported-missing-20131219

Thanks for starting this. This is the sister of an old college friend of mine. I don't know anything more than what's on the fb page- it seems like not much is known at all.

Nothing new at the artvoice link, but it's good that word is getting around. Per the fb page, they are organizing a search for tomorrow morning.

I thought the very end of that article was interesting - about what all they were doing to locate her.

One of the things they said was calling the coroner's office daily.

I don't think I've EVER heard that before, especially from the get go.

I wonder if there's something they're not allowed to say (family, that is) at this point - like if there was physical evidence that could point to her no longer being alive, or if she had some illness only family was aware of, or if she might have been suicidal or they had reason to think someone might harm her for some reason (having gotten threats or something)

I think I find that comment even more interesting because unlike so many missing person cases (to a lesser extent excluding the voluntary disappearances) when typically the person doesn't have a wallet w/ ID or anything, she DOES have her wallet and cash.

That not only ups the odds of her being ID'd or her family getting notified if she were to end up in a hospital But it also, IMO, makes it also more possible it could be voluntary - as she at least has resources, to some degree.

I'm curious why she didn't have her phone with on her way home from her brother's. Most people can hardly be parted from their phones, and since she DID have her wallet with, it doesn't seem she left in haste and forgot it seems.

But it's really the checking the coroner daily that really has me curious and keep coming back to.

Most people don't even want to let their minds go there, they want to have hope as long as possible, even if they are really realistic of the odds in many cases. But especially not this quickly and with nothing at least publicly indicating why they'd think she could be dead.

I thought the very end of that article was interesting - about what all they were doing to locate her.

One of the things they said was calling the coroner's office daily.

I don't think I've EVER heard that before, especially from the get go.

I wonder if there's something they're not allowed to say (family, that is) at this point - like if there was physical evidence that could point to her no longer being alive, or if she had some illness only family was aware of, or if she might have been suicidal or they had reason to think someone might harm her for some reason (having gotten threats or something)

I think I find that comment even more interesting because unlike so many missing person cases (to a lesser extent excluding the voluntary disappearances) when typically the person doesn't have a wallet w/ ID or anything, she DOES have her wallet and cash.

That not only ups the odds of her being ID'd or her family getting notified if she were to end up in a hospital But it also, IMO, makes it also more possible it could be voluntary - as she at least has resources, to some degree.

I'm curious why she didn't have her phone with on her way home from her brother's. Most people can hardly be parted from their phones, and since she DID have her wallet with, it doesn't seem she left in haste and forgot it seems.

But it's really the checking the coroner daily that really has me curious and keep coming back to.

Most people don't even want to let their minds go there, they want to have hope as long as possible, even if they are really realistic of the odds in many cases. But especially not this quickly and with nothing at least publicly indicating why they'd think she could be dead.

BBM. There has been some mention of being stressed. The holidays, recent move, etc. Nothing major. I think they're just being realistic and checking every resource they can to find something.

awww... was hopign to see a FOUND SAFE post.

"may" have mental issues is interesting... (according to the latest post re the gathering).

Lifelong Unitarian Universalist here... love to hear about fellow UUs holding this vigil.

awww... was hopign to see a FOUND SAFE post.

"may" have mental issues is interesting... (according to the latest post re the gathering).

Lifelong Unitarian Universalist here... love to hear about fellow UUs holding this vigil.

11 days is a long time, especially if she's having some mental health issues. Christmastide is tough enough.

The latest article, from Dec. 30, WGRZ.

A little more information there. It sounds like she is missing by choice- or at least she left intentionally. The family is really just looking for some indication that she is still alive and out there, whether she is ready to come home or not. And, of course, they acknowledge that may not be the case. The not knowing...I know so many families deal with it for so long...I don't know how it doesn't crush them.

I would call the coroner daily too with the amount of hate crimes against LGBT people

From Facebook:
"Today is January 3rd, the day that Frank was supposed to get on the plane and fly back to Portland. We are so sorry to let you all know that Frank did not get on her flight. It has been a long day of wondering. Her original 5am flight was cancelled because of bad weather in Buffalo, and she was rescheduled for a 2pm flight. The new flight was then delayed till 5pm. As of about 6pm today, her ticket was marked as "cancelled" and as a credit available for rescheduling because she did not show up to use it. Her community in Portland knows to be looking out for her in case she shows up, but this new information makes that path less likely.

This marks yet another moment of transition in our search process, another door closing. As hard as it would have been to not have known where she was for the past two and a half weeks, all of us were hoping that Frank was just going to show up and get on that plane and go home to Portland to re-start her life there with the incredible community she built there in just three short months. We are all heartbroken that - at least for now - that does not seem to be how the story is unfolding.

Please, hold yourselves and each other kindly tonight. Love each other, and let yourselves be loved in the fear and pain of this moment. We are holding all of you in our hearts in the same way that you have been holding us. Thank you all for loving Frank so strongly."

I've been following her case from the start and sadly I don't think this will have a positive ending. I hate to say it but I think she most likely harmed herself.

I hate to say it but I think she most likely harmed herself.

I hate to say it but I get this feeling too. Something I read suggested she was not in the best mental state. I check every day for a positive update. I haven't been able to join in any of the searches so far. We are going to get another three days if negative temps and constant snow, and I am kicking myself. I hope she is okay and made her way back to Portland, or somewhere out of this weather.

On the Find Frank FB it says that people hoped she might have checked herself into a rehab center and would return after 28 days there. So there must have been some addiction problem as well. I think I only read that she wasn't in the best mental state when she disappeared before.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back