GUILTY MD - Margo Baker, 52, Baltimore, 26 April 2005

marylandmissing

Reaction score
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/4445550/detail.html

Family Fears Worst After Woman Disappears

Woman Uncharacteristically Didn't Return Home, Family Says

POSTED: 5:23 pm EDT May 3, 2005
UPDATED: 8:53 pm EDT May 3, 2005

BALTIMORE -- A missing woman's relatives fear the worst after the west Baltimore mother didn't return home last week.

4446278_200X150.jpg
Margo Baker

WBAL-TV 11 News reporter Amy Szutowicz said Margo Baker told her son last week that she was going out with a friend -- but she never returned.

Baltimore City police spokesman James Moses issued a release Tuesday stating that Baker was last seen a week from Tuesday, leaving her home in the 4300 block of Park Heights Avenue at 5:17 p.m.

Szutowicz said Baker has lived in her Park Heights home for more than 20 years, and her family said it's out of character for her to take off without telling anyone.

"It's like she just vanished, and she's always here, she goes to bed every night early," said Susan Alston, Baker's daughter.

Baker's 18-year-old son, Ross Telp, said he was the last to see his mom, who, he said, came home from her job at south Baltimore's Harbor Hospital.

In a statement, Harbor Hospital called Baker "an award-winning employee." They said the hospital is concerned about her situation.

Telp said his mother told him she was going out with a friend. But when he awoke the next day, he knew something was wrong.

"Her bed was made, I (saw) her pocketbook on the floor, that's when I started making phone calls to my aunts and uncles," Telp said.

Szutowicz said the disappearance has left the family asking how something like this could happen.

"She said she was leaving with a friend and she said she'd be back. I was upstairs changing my clothes and I hadn't seen her since," Telp said.

4446280_200X150.jpg
A missing Baltimore woman's relatives distributed dozens of fliers, hoping their tearful plea will help bring her home.

They said all Baker had with her was her keys, driver's license and one credit card.

"My mother had no reason to run away. She has no problems, not that we know of," Alston said.

Police have called this a suspicious disappearance.

"She did not call out sick, she wouldn't just not show up to work without calling. So, this is very, very peculiar," said Baltimore City police officer Nicole Monroe.

Relatives distributed dozens of fliers Tuesday in hopes of generating leads. They hope their tearful plea will help bring their mother home.

"Please, if you're out there, come home. We need you and we love you, Lord knows. Please, if anyone has seen my mother, please help us find my mother," Alston said.

Authorities describe the missing woman as 4 feet 11 inches tall, about 135 pounds with a medium brown complexion. She was last seen wearing green hospital scrubs and black shoes.

phone.gif
Call: If you have information about Baker's whereabouts, you should contact Baltimore City police missing persons detective Timothy Gardner by dialing (443) 984-7385 or 911.

Stay with TheWBALChannel.com and WBAL-TV 11 News for the latest news updates.

Wow, I never saw that one coming. My condolemces to the family and friends of this woman. Over scraped rims...how sad...

When I saw this, I couldn't believe it! This is sooooo sad. I saw a local report last week with Margo's daughter and she was beside herself. It sickens me that Margo brought this child into the world and he ended hers.

Sandy247 said:
When I saw this, I couldn't believe it! This is sooooo sad. I saw a local report last week with Margo's daughter and she was beside herself. It sickens me that Margo brought this child into the world and he ended hers.

I wasn't expecting this....my mouth fell open..I swear! This kid was cool as he could be when first talking to the LE or at least that is the way it sounds.
I hope this kid gets the death penalty. When we have our babies we have all of these hopes and dreams for them. Who would ever believe that some of those little babies would grow up to murder us.

Sounds like mom was nice enough to let that ungrateful brat drive her new vehicle too. My heart sure goes out to the rest of the family.

From January 2006:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2006-01-05/news/0601050021_1_sentence-judge-baker

For nine days, Ross Hakim Telp asked police and news reporters to help him find his missing mother.

The entire time, Baltimore prosecutors said at Telp's sentencing hearing yesterday, the 18-year-old knew precisely what had happened to Margo Antoinette Baker, 52, because he had stabbed her to death and dumped her body in Leakin Park...

Calling the now 19-year-old Telp a "truly depraved individual, probably beyond redemption," Baltimore Circuit Judge John M. Glynn sentenced Telp to 33 years. He had pleaded guilty Oct. 27.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back