1133 users online (174 members and 959 guests)  

Websleuths News

South Africa - Teacher forces 5 yo to drink pee

And we thought handcuffing a 5 yo was bad!

http://www.thepost.co.za/index.php?f...icleId=2507601

Outrage after pupil is made to drink urine
    May 4, 2005

By Zaheera Walker

Sunrise Montesorri Pre-School teacher Shaheen Cassimjee was outraged at the actions of a teacher who allegedly forced a five-year-old child to drink his own urine.

The boy, who attends a Zululand school, apparently urinated into a bucket and his teacher allegedly gave him two options. He could either have his penis chopped off or drink his urine.

An asthmatic sufferer, the boy opted to drink the urine. While at home, the stress of the day’s incident apparently brought on an asthmatic attack and the boy was taken to a doctor. Later his family opened a charge at the local police station against the teacher.

While nobody knows why the child urinated into the bucket, she said there were appropriate measures one could take to discipline a child. At the moment she has 23 children under her care and parents had a lot of faith in her abilities.

Cronje said it was horrific to think that a teacher could act in such a callous and inhumane manner.

At the time of this report, she called for the immediate suspension of the teacher. The suspension, pending a disciplinary inquiry – which must follow within 30 days – comes after the principal and superintendent education manager verified the incident.

Personally I think she deserves more than a suspension. How about criminal charges for example. She threatened to chop off a body part if he didn't drink the urine. She caused him such distress that he had an asthmatic attack.
    She better be glad she wasn't teaching my kid.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Im not negating this but I belive this happened in Africa?

Unfortuantely in less developed parts of our world things are done differently.

She should be punished of course esp. as it will help educate others in her country.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    Im not negating this but I belive this happened in Africa?

Unfortuantely in less developed parts of our world things are done differently.

She should be punished of course esp. as it will help educate others in her country.
    Yep, I believe you're right. Oddly, I found another case of teacher abuse that I didn't post right after this one. Regarding a Special Ed teacher somewhere in the U.S. who locked a kid in a dark closet as a punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Yep, I believe you're right. Oddly, I found another case of teacher abuse that I didn't post right after this one. Regarding a Special Ed teacher somewhere in the U.S. who locked a kid in a dark closet as a punishment.

Wonder if the police came to the school and took the teacher away in handcuffs? Or is that something we save for temper tantrum throwing 5 year olds?