790 users online (107 members and 683 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tonight on A&E

At 9PM. JonBenet, Anatomy of a Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    At 9PM. JonBenet, Anatomy of a Murder.
    Thanks!!!! I haven't seen it yet!

Sorry. It's Anatomy of an Investigation.

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't seen this one yet.

PS...the pic of Samantha is beautiful. I just can't stand seeing this gorgeous children taken from us.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono Sleuther
    Thanks for the heads up! I haven't seen this one yet.

PS...the pic of Samantha is beautiful. I just can't stand seeing this gorgeous children taken from us.
    I know it, such a tragedy about Samantha, my heart breaks for her and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    Sorry. It's Anatomy of an Investigation.
    Is this new???

I doubt that this is new. I've got the exact title recorded from years ago (I'm guessing maybe it came out in 2000 or 2001, it's right behind my recording of the Ramseys on LKL with Steve Thomas and that was in 2000). Bill Kurtis narrated it. They replay it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkim
    I doubt that this is new. I've got the exact title recorded from years ago (I'm guessing maybe it came out in 2000 or 2001, it's right behind my recording of the Ramseys on LKL with Steve Thomas and that was in 2000). Bill Kurtis narrated it. They replay it from time to time.

It was slightly updated, but with nothing we don't know about. The DNA under the fingernails and in the panties matched, but Henry Lee is still downplaying the DNA. Lee used the example of a hypothetical drop of blood on the pavement could have landed on the same spot where a different person had spit. I'm beginning to wonder about Henry Lee.

One big mistake was they said there was a three year span after the 1997 interviews before the Ramseys were interviewed again. They forgot about the 1998 interviews.

If you missed the show, you didn't miss much.

VHS available

If you wish to see the program, It's available at the A&E store

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    It was slightly updated, but with nothing we don't know about. The DNA under the fingernails and in the panties matched, but Henry Lee is still downplaying the DNA. Lee used the example of a hypothetical drop of blood on the pavement could have landed on the same spot where a different person had spit. I'm beginning to wonder about Henry Lee.
    So am I. After the Ketchup fiasco, I'm starting to wonder if Lee isn't losing his mind. I'm also utterly baffled by why so many people who, in any other case, would regard that DNA is being crucial (and it is) utterly dismiss it in this case. It's like if it isn't Ramsey DNA, it's immaterial. Odd way to run a case.

Oliva (I'm using names here because the names have been used on TV shows), Helgoth, XXXX (boarder) would seem to be serious suspects. I think Oliva most likely is out on DNA. He has a record, and he would not have been able to refuse giving a sample. Helgoth, well, they'll have to dig him up to make the match. But sans evidence he was anywhere near the Ramsey house on Dec 25/26, he's not much of a suspect no matter what kind of shoes he had or stungun.

XXXX (yes, I know I'm being obsessed) gave samples, but there is no report I've ever been able to find on what the results of his tests were, or if the tests were even run.

The DNA found on the victim will conclusively ID the killer. One of these days, maybe someone will be able to look at BPD files and see just who was tested and who wasn't.

RstJ

Helgoth was cleared on DNA evidence. This was reported in the CourtTV special amongst other places, which ironically enough tried to implicate Helgoth in the JBR case.

The depth of journalism on this case has plummetted to previously unexplored depths IMO.

I think folks in the world of journalism lost interest in the case some time ago and stopped following developments. Then Michael Tracey produced a piece of dire fiction and a few journalists who hadn't been "following the game" took what he said at face value.

They certainly cannot call themselves investigative journalists - because they clearly didn't investigate the facts.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by RobertStJames

The DNA found on the victim will conclusively ID the killer. One of these days, maybe someone will be able to look at BPD files and see just who was tested and who wasn't.

RstJ
    So there was foreign DNA found on the victim was there? What was its source? blood? semen? skin? hair? do you know? And what results, if any have been released?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab

One big mistake was they said there was a three year span after the 1997 interviews before the Ramseys were interviewed again. They forgot about the 1998 interviews.

If you missed the show, you didn't miss much.
    BlueCrab Please do you have any more information on the DNA results? Or where I can look them up? Like was the DNA under her fingernails from skin and on the panties from what? And which suspects have had their DNA analysed?

Some believe the DNA is from saliva.

Rainsong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast