Thread: OH - Thelma Brown, 87, Girard, 21 Dec 2013

OH - Thelma Brown, 87, Girard, 21 Dec 2013

Thelma Brown

87 year old Thelma Brown, has not been seen since the very early morning hours on Saturday between 2 am and 8 am, on December 21st, 2013 in Girard, Ohio. Mrs. Brown was reported missing by her caregiver, Becky Brown.

Mrs. Brown is an elderly white female, 5' 4", weighing in at 145 lbs. She has brown hair and blue eyes and was wearing gray and white pinstriped pajamas.

Please contact Girard police at 330-545-0211.

http://www.wkbn.com/news/local/girar...ported-missing

http://www.wfmj.com/story/24279149/g...-missing-woman
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

AW! May she be found soon!
    Using the SWAG theory, I'm thinking she has a caregiver because of dementia. Also,, the weather is awful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

Very sad news to report on Mrs. Thelma Brown...

Missing Girard woman found dead

GIRARD, Ohio (WKBN) - The body of a missing elderly Girard woman was found Sunday morning.
    http://www.wkbn.com/news/local/missi...man-found-dead
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

Poor lady. My mother has severe dementia and we have latches at the top of the door that she doesn't know about and can't get to, child proof door knob covers etc. You can buy door stops that make an alarm sound when they are pushed back by opening the door, for the very clever. I wish more people would find ways to stop this!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    Poor lady. My mother has severe dementia and we have latches at the top of the door that she doesn't know about and can't get to, child proof door knob covers etc. You can buy door stops that make an alarm sound when they are pushed back by opening the door, for the very clever. I wish more people would find ways to stop this!
    I also did this when my mom was still at home, I was terrified I'd fall asleep from exhaustion and not hear her if she left the house.

The latch at the top of the door is very effective--they tend to never look up at the top. Hopefully someone who takes care of a relative with dementia will read our posts and try it.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    I also did this when my mom was still at home, I was terrified I'd fall asleep from exhaustion and not hear her if she left the house.

The latch at the top of the door is very effective--they tend to never look up at the top. Hopefully someone who takes care of a relative with dementia will read our posts and try it.
    Me too. My grandmother had it too and we had to take parts off her car because she was adamant she could drive. It's all the time we see this!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post: