Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Officials used boats from Horry County, Myrtle Beach, and the Department of Natural Resources, along with the State Law Enforcement helicopter, to search the Intracoastal Waterway at Peachtree Landing where Elvis' car was found, Kegler added.

At this time, police say they haven't found any sign that she's been in or near the water.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.
    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850
    ......... ..........
    ...my opinions are my own...

sitting here wondering when i can go to market basket again....
    http://www.counton2.com/story/242736...le-beach-woman

She works at Tilted Kilt. Found her fb, but having trouble with my computer right now.

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/#!/heatherachellelvis?fref=ts

Family offering $1,000 reward for information on missing woman

Heather Elvis

Major Crimes Detectives are investigating the disappearance of Heather Elvis, Horry County Police spokesman Robert Kegler said
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/242732...-missing-woman
    Last edited by imamaze; 12-27-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: resized pic
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

Heather Elivs, 20, Horry County, SC, 17 Dec, 2013

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

sitting here wondering when i can go to market basket again....
    Wonder if she had worked that night? Maybe flirted with the wrong guy? I used to waitress back in college. If flirting and acting interested was going to get you a good tip, you did it. Maybe he thought she really "wanted" him? I wonder if there is surveillance of her leaving work and anyone watching/following her in the parking lot?

Per MSM...Heather was last seen at her parents' house...

does she live with them?

where did she go from their place?

do we know she worked that night?

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

I can feel her parents' anguish in their posts. I hope they find their beautiful daughter.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to poppygirl For This Useful Post:

I have been to that area, but don't know how far this is from her parents home, or her work. She is a pretty young lady. I hope they can get her cell phone records asap.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Not to disparage any employees or customers, but for anyone unfamiliar, Tilted Kilt is rather similar to Hooters in terms of uniform and general atmosphere. That presents many an opportunity for an infatuated patron to take it too far, if there is indeed foul play suspected. (My friend worked at a location and described quite vividly some of the interactions that were common).

Hoping this is will all get cleared up soon without any such speculation even being necessary!
    Last edited by bettiepageturner; 12-22-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: how do i english.
    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy.

----

Here's her Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Peachtree Landing is located at: 6699 State Road S-26-611, Socastee, SC, 29588 for anyone who would like to make a map from her last known location to where her car was discovered.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Passin' Me By For This Useful Post:

4 days and nothing?! Who was the last interaction at 3am with? Did she have a b/f that may have been jealous of her job and the attention?

If you watch the video from the link:
    ( http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/242732...clipId=9657951 )
    The reporter states : "a woman who lives near the landing, michael, says she saw a car parked here since MONDAY night. the car was facing the water, she says it looked a little strange so she called the police thinking the car may have been stolen"

found that interesting for some reason :-/

Quote Originally Posted by StacyMarie83 View Post
    4 days and nothing?! Who was the last interaction at 3am with? Did she have a b/f that may have been jealous of her job and the attention?

If you watch the video from the link:
    ( http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/242732...clipId=9657951 )
    The reporter states : "a woman who lives near the landing, michael, says she saw a car parked here since MONDAY night. the car was facing the water, she says it looked a little strange so she called the police thinking the car may have been stolen"

found that interesting for some reason :-/
    She changed her relationship status on FB to 'in a relationship' on Dec. 6.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to poppygirl For This Useful Post:

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

No new news or information, family still searching.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to poppygirl For This Useful Post:

I am worried for this young woman.
    Not much news and I am not very good with social media so havent found any points of interest, does she have a boyfriend? What was her mood in the days leading up to her missing? Are her friends concerned?

I lived a short time about 15 yrs ago in Myrtle Beach down near the Boardwalk. It is a strange place and just knowing what I know about the area makes me worry extra for Heather. Hope she is just out there being a free spirit, living the wild life. Be safe Heather.

Prayers.

JMO

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    I am worried for this young woman.
    Not much news and I am not very good with social media so havent found any points of interest, does she have a boyfriend? What was her mood in the days leading up to her missing? Are her friends concerned?

I lived a short time about 15 yrs ago in Myrtle Beach down near the Boardwalk. It is a strange place and just knowing what I know about the area makes me worry extra for Heather. Hope she is just out there being a free spirit, living the wild life. Be safe Heather.

Prayers.

JMO
    https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

Who knows if she was just venting or talking or what this was about,
    but two posts from her twitter account mention something to the effect of on May 14th she mentioned the cost of a one way ticket to Thailand,

and more recently on Sept. 3rd she basically says that she needs to go somewhere new because there's nothing for her in this town.

She's a young person, so these could mean nothing, or something.
    IMOO.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Small world.. my DH worked with her Grandad in the 80s.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by poppygirl View Post
    She changed her relationship status on FB to 'in a relationship' on Dec. 6.
    The indicated relationship is with a girl. That girl's FB page makes no mention of being in a relationship.
    Last edited by ChuckMaureen; 12-22-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: syntax
    ......... ..........

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:

Given the location of the last cell tower ping, the location of where her vehicle was discovered, the highways and waterways and the nearby *road construction* .. this 'feels' like an abduct / dump situation.
    ......... ..........

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:

Here is a link to her new missing poster with a $1,000.00 Reward on the poster.

https://twitter.com/MissingCases/sta.../photo/1/large

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post
    The indicated relationship is with a girl. That girl's FB page makes no mention of being in a relationship.
    I saw that but I believe they work together. And it could have been in jest!

38. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

If she was at her parents house on Tuesday, and not reported missing until Thursday night, did they get a call that she didn't come to work? Maybe she lives with them and never came home? That car sighting on Monday is either a mistake on the day, or the car was there Monday and she drove away in it, then came back Tuesday.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    If she was at her parents house on Tuesday, and not reported missing until Thursday night, did they get a call that she didn't come to work? Maybe she lives with them and never came home? That car sighting on Monday is either a mistake on the day, or the car was there Monday and she drove away in it, then came back Tuesday.
    The media was reporting Friday morning that the Family was waiting to see if she was going to show up for her shift on Friday evening, I took that as saying she had Wed. and Thu. off. The car sighting on Monday I believe was a mistake, either in the reporting or with the witness themselves.

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LR1 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast