Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

not to be rude but can we please keep the topic on heather and not on Brittanee Drexel?

This is Heather's tread and I very much doubt Brittanee D.'s case and Heather's are related.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

I really, really hope that heather's home has been searched thoroughly... From top to bottom...

and that all computer/phone/technology has been (or is being) searched inside and out!

Yet... We have heard no mention by LE that her home (wherever it is) has been cordoned off and searched thoroughly...

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Thank you so much waltzingmatilda. How are ya? I should have realized that. I noticed people posting about the incident so thought I'd look at that aspect. I didn't even notice the date discrepancy. Thank you!

Side note- hope everyone had a nice holiday. Xox
    OT
    You are welcome, Jersey Girl. It's great reading you again. I am doing ok but haven't sleuthed much lately. My mother fell and broke her hip in Aug and she has dementia and my brother passed away Dec 16th after a long illness so I've been spending alot of time in AL these past months. There's no internet service there. I hope you are doing well and that you and all our fellow sleuths had a nice Holiday.

I thought of both Heather and Brittanee and their families all day yesterday.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nermal43 View Post
    I don't think so. A car parked their WITHOUT a boat trailer would, IMO, be automatically suspicious and probably reported. This is not a place to leave your car to walk anywhere- nothing in the area to walk to. It is also NOT very isolated- it is a public boat ramp with a small playground and picnic area and small wooden walkway on the river for fishing. There are houses all around it, in fact the playground is practically in the back yards of these houses. It would be very quiet in the middle of the night of course, but if somebody left a car there thinking it wouldn't be found for a while they would be very wrong.
    Thank you nermal43. It looks like there's property near the ramp on Peachtree that looks like a place where old cars are junked or parked, I know I'm using the wrong choice of words but I can't place what the correct term is. Anyway, I'm wondering why her car wasn't parked there instead as her vehicle could have been hidden amongst those other vehicles instead of out in the open by the boat ramp.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

What in the world was she doing out at 3:00 in the morning?

IMO, this is an abduction.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post

3:00 am is IMVHO normal for a girl her age to be heading home after a date or a night out with friends. Clubs close around that time, & depending on where she went on her date they could have hit up breakfast immediately following. Heck, did she work the night she went missing? If so, maybe she finished work at 12 or 1, then went on the date. She could have gone to a midnight movie or a walk on the beach, idk just speculating. What did she do on her date, where was it, who was it with, what part of town did her date take place in, etc?

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/myrtlebeach/

Quote:
    HOURS:
    Mon-Sun: 11am to 2am

Tilted Kilt Myrtle Beach
    1317 Celebrity Circle
    Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
    843-712-2670

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Thank you nermal43. It looks like there's property near the ramp on Peachtree that looks like a place where old cars are junked or parked, I know I'm using the wrong choice of words but I can't place what the correct term is. Anyway, I'm wondering why her car wasn't parked there instead as her vehicle could have been hidden amongst those other vehicles instead of out in the open by the boat ramp.
    That's what I am wondering too-plenty of better places to leave a car if you don't want it found for a while. Maybe it was left there as a red herring? Whoever left it did it to throw off investigators? Either way it would be very helpful to know where she actually lives in relation to Peachtree!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nermal43 For This Useful Post:

I sure hope Luckylady (our new local poster that knows the family) will pop back on this thread and answer some of our questions!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

not to be rude but can we please keep the topic on heather and not on Brittanee Drexel?

This is Heather's tread and I very much doubt Brittanee D.'s case and Heather's are related.
    'iluvmua, I honor your opinion, but respectfully disagree. This is the third female to vanish in the Myrtle Beach, SC and surrounding area in the last 8 years' -, Britanee Drexel, Crystal Soles, and now 'Heather Elvis'.. The resemblance between Britanee & Heather should not be disregarded, imo.

Heather Elvis's story is spreading rapidly via internet social sites and other Forums. Awareness is the key in successful investigations of missing person's cases, imo. Internet social sites are very effective for spreading public awareness. The national MS Media/AP, etc., will pick up on the story from the internet once it goes viral.. The findheatherelvis facebook page picked up almost 1,000 likes overnight.
    The more eyes looking for Heather Elvis, the better, imo...

Read Mickey Shunick's family statement concerning public awareness:
    http://www1.katc.com/files/Shunick%2...ry%2051613.pdf

Reward increased to $11,000 as search continues for Myrtle Beach woman..
    http://www.wnct.com/story/24292418/1...le-beach-woman

http://m.wistv.com/#!/newsDetail/24273295
    This news article says she went on a date that night and that he dropped her off at home and she called her roommate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Praying for the safe return of Heather Elvis.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sharden309 For This Useful Post:

Her car was not at the boat landing near the play ground. It was at the old peachtree landing at a dead end.

Praying for the safe return of Heather Elvis.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sharden309 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharden309 View Post
    Her car was not at the boat landing near the play ground. It was at the old peachtree landing at a dead end.

Where is the old Peachtree landing?

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nermal43 For This Useful Post:

Ashley Z86 - It appears that we are part time neighbors. I am only in MB a few weeks out of the year.My house is across from Whit River Drive, off of Intercoastal Way.

At the corner of River Oaks and Intercoastal is a place that rents out condos on a daily/weekly basis for vacations. I have friends that live in Water Way Villas and they have had horrible experiences with these vacationers.

Does anyone know if the condos on White River are rented out to vacationers? I am just wondering if there could have been a group staying there that was partying too hard or being extremely noisy and Heather confronted them. Or even that a group may have seen something, but have since left and do not realize what they saw

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to paradox217 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I really, really hope that heather's home has been searched thoroughly... From top to bottom...

and that all computer/phone/technology has been (or is being) searched inside and out!

Yet... We have heard no mention by LE that her home (wherever it is) has been cordoned off and searched thoroughly...

I can tell you I've not seen any police activity at the White River location and I drive by it twice a day at least. What I have seen is that they have a LOT of flyers up at the railroad tracks closer to 501 on River Oaks. They've even put orange cones in the middle of the road with flyers attached to poles in the cones. That is interesting to me because I haven't seen that many flyers at any other single point in the area. What I have seen is that they have these flyers over a pretty large area.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AshleyZ86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by paradox217 View Post
    Ashley Z86 - It appears that we are part time neighbors. I am only in MB a few weeks out of the year.My house is across from Whit River Drive, off of Intercoastal Way.

At the corner of River Oaks and Intercoastal is a place that rents out condos on a daily/weekly basis for vacations. I have friends that live in Water Way Villas and they have had horrible experiences with these vacationers.

Does anyone know if the condos on White River are rented out to vacationers? I am just wondering if there could have been a group staying there that was partying too hard or being extremely noisy and Heather confronted them. Or even that a group may have seen something, but have since left and do not realize what they saw
    Hello neighbor. I know that some in the area are rented out by the day/week I just don't know which. I do know that the River Landing Apartments which are right near your condo has a lot of drug activity and is bad news.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AshleyZ86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    This is the third female to vanish in the Myrtle Beach, SC and surrounding area in the last 8 years' -, Britanee Drexel, Crystal Soles, and now 'Heather Elvis'.. The resemblance between Britanee & Heather should not be disregarded, imo.
    Hard to say if any will turn out to be related but if we're making lists might as well add Susan Kay DeLuca to it. Although older than the others mentioned, her case does involve a boat landing in Horry county.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LR1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    Hard to say if any will turn out to be related but if we're making lists might as well add Susan Kay DeLuca to it. Although older than the others mentioned, her case does involve a boat landing in Horry county.
    Kareem Ward's car was also found in the Little Pee Dee near Gallivant's Ferry.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AshleyZ86 For This Useful Post:

Was her cell phone and purse left behind or are they also missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

http://www.carolinalive.com/m/news/s...0#.UrxYvfq9Kc0
    According to this and other articles authorities have been searching the intracoastal waterway at Peachtree landing, where her car was found. Now it is being reported that her car was found at the "old Peachtree Landing" which is not on the Intracoastal Waterway, it is on the Waccamaw River. Is this just bad reporting? At Which Peachtree Landing was her car found? I'm even more confused now

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nermal43 For This Useful Post:

According to this and other articles authorities have been searching the intracoastal waterway at Peachtree landing, where her car was found. Now it is being reported that her car was found at the "old Peachtree Landing" which is not on the Intracoastal Waterway, it is on the Waccamaw River. Is this just bad reporting? At Which Peachtree Landing was her car found? I'm even more confused now
    Peachtree Landing goes into the Waccamaw River but the Waccamaw River is connected to the intracoastal waterway. I thought I read in one article they said they were searching the intracoastal waterway NEAR peachtree landing. There is only one peachtree landing.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AshleyZ86 For This Useful Post:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crim...9bb30f31a.html

Ok, this article does actually say she was last seen at the White River address. I know we were wondering earlier if she was last seen there or if her cell phone pinged there. Yet again I'm wondering if this is her address or her parents.

This article also states
    A missing persons poster shared by the Horry County Sheriff's Office states that Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Her last known location was at about 2 a.m. Tuesday on White River Drive just off River Oaks Drive in the Carolina Forest area
    Which puts us back on Tuesday morning around the time of the crash/shooting instead of Wednesday. I wish we had a clear answer as to when she was last seen.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AshleyZ86 For This Useful Post:

The address given in at least a couple MSM articles is 6699 State Road S-26-611, Socastee, SC, 29588. That seems to be the dead end boat landing, along the river.

Does "dropped her off at her house" mean Heather's house of her mother's house? Why would she call her roommate? Either she was at her house and her roommate was still out, or she was at her mothers and called her roommate from there. Very confusing.
    I was told by a family friend that Heather's roommate was out of town. If that is accurate, it would account for why Heather would call the roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by Passin' Me By View Post
    BBM. It would be helpful to have a description of items Heather carried with her regularly or wore such as her phone, jewelry, clothes, purse, wallet (etc). Maybe someone has seen or found an item of significance but doesn't know it yet. JMO.
    I have looked at all the photos I can find of Heather. In those, I saw one that showed a "compass point" type tattoo on her left forearm. I also saw a long keychain with a large red heart and some sort of store discount tag attached. Of course, she had Dodge keys for her car, too. And in one photo from 2012, I saw a pink cell phone case on a smart phone (but not an iPhone). JMO, but the cell phone case could have changed since the photo taken in 2012. Most photos I have seen do not show a treasured piece of jewelry that she wears a lot. However, I did see a few with hoop earrings, along with a couple different necklaces.

From all the media reports, the people quoted and from Heather's own postings here and there, I don't think she has a steady boyfriend. I can't imagine LE or MSM not mentioning the boyfriend, IF there was one. Also, I can't fathom that a boyfriend wouldn't come out with an appeal for her safe return by now. JMO speculation: No boyfriend.

Heather does seem to have a small cliche of female friends. She works a lot, too. My guess is - like others - Heather went by her parents' house to check mail Tuesday. Then, went on to work Tuesday night. Got off sometime that evening and drove home (hers or her mother's??). Her date picked her up from there. He dropped her off (at "home") around 2:00am. She called her roommate around 3:00am and was not heard from after that. IF we say she was at her mother's home when her date picked her up, she would have had to drive home from there...and during that drive from her mother's home (possibly the White River Dr address) to her apartment/condo, she disappeared. JMO! Rip it apart...or add to it. :-)
    Last edited by CharlieJ; 12-26-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    CharlieJ
    -------------------------------------
    ~ Justice for Brittanie Drexel
    Bring Heather Elvis home ~

Agree! I'd be surprised if this is not an abduction. It's best to not be alone late at night/early morning.... that's when in so many cases I've followed some bad happens. Thinking of Lauren Spierer, Mickey Shunick,,,, but then bad things can happen anytime when destiny/fate places a person at the wrong place, wrong time... so it not so much the hour, but more of being alone someplace isolated...

Babbling on.... I find in so many cases LE is very quick to go out searching, but hope there are resources available to quickly secure and view as much surveillance media as can be gotten of surrounding areas and prior places a person was at.
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

I dunno. If this were an abduction, her car would most likely have been found at the point of abduction. Could've been a carjacking type deal I suppose.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocBrew For This Useful Post:

Have they checked out her date yet?

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast