SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMaureen

Reaction score
Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Officials used boats from Horry County, Myrtle Beach, and the Department of Natural Resources, along with the State Law Enforcement helicopter, to search the Intracoastal Waterway at Peachtree Landing where Elvis' car was found, Kegler added.

At this time, police say they haven't found any sign that she's been in or near the water.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Family offering $1,000 reward for information on missing woman

Heather Elvis
elvismissinggirl.jpeg

Major Crimes Detectives are investigating the disappearance of Heather Elvis, Horry County Police spokesman Robert Kegler said
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Wonder if she had worked that night? Maybe flirted with the wrong guy? I used to waitress back in college. If flirting and acting interested was going to get you a good tip, you did it. Maybe he thought she really "wanted" him? I wonder if there is surveillance of her leaving work and anyone watching/following her in the parking lot?

Per MSM...Heather was last seen at her parents' house...

does she live with them?

where did she go from their place?

do we know she worked that night?

:dunno:

I can feel her parents' anguish in their posts. I hope they find their beautiful daughter.

I have been to that area, but don't know how far this is from her parents home, or her work. She is a pretty young lady. I hope they can get her cell phone records asap.

Not to disparage any employees or customers, but for anyone unfamiliar, Tilted Kilt is rather similar to Hooters in terms of uniform and general atmosphere. That presents many an opportunity for an infatuated patron to take it too far, if there is indeed foul play suspected. :( (My friend worked at a location and described quite vividly some of the interactions that were common).

Hoping this is will all get cleared up soon without any such speculation even being necessary!

Peachtree Landing is located at: 6699 State Road S-26-611, Socastee, SC, 29588 for anyone who would like to make a map from her last known location to where her car was discovered.

4 days and nothing?! Who was the last interaction at 3am with? Did she have a b/f that may have been jealous of her job and the attention?

If you watch the video from the link:
( http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273...art=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9657951 )
The reporter states : "a woman who lives near the landing, michael, says she saw a car parked here since MONDAY night. the car was facing the water, she says it looked a little strange so she called the police thinking the car may have been stolen"

found that interesting for some reason :-/

4 days and nothing?! Who was the last interaction at 3am with? Did she have a b/f that may have been jealous of her job and the attention?

If you watch the video from the link:
( http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273...art=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9657951 )
The reporter states : "a woman who lives near the landing, michael, says she saw a car parked here since MONDAY night. the car was facing the water, she says it looked a little strange so she called the police thinking the car may have been stolen"

found that interesting for some reason :-/

She changed her relationship status on FB to 'in a relationship' on Dec. 6.

I am worried for this young woman.
Not much news and I am not very good with social media so havent found any points of interest, does she have a boyfriend? What was her mood in the days leading up to her missing? Are her friends concerned?

I lived a short time about 15 yrs ago in Myrtle Beach down near the Boardwalk. It is a strange place and just knowing what I know about the area makes me worry extra for Heather. Hope she is just out there being a free spirit, living the wild life. Be safe Heather.

Prayers.

JMO

I am worried for this young woman.
Not much news and I am not very good with social media so havent found any points of interest, does she have a boyfriend? What was her mood in the days leading up to her missing? Are her friends concerned?

I lived a short time about 15 yrs ago in Myrtle Beach down near the Boardwalk. It is a strange place and just knowing what I know about the area makes me worry extra for Heather. Hope she is just out there being a free spirit, living the wild life. Be safe Heather.

Prayers.

JMO

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

Who knows if she was just venting or talking or what this was about,
but two posts from her twitter account mention something to the effect of on May 14th she mentioned the cost of a one way ticket to Thailand,

and more recently on Sept. 3rd she basically says that she needs to go somewhere new because there's nothing for her in this town.

She's a young person, so these could mean nothing, or something.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member