1053 users online (214 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Margaret Spilker, 87, Kettering, 21 Dec 2013

Margaret C. Spilker

Margaret C. Spilker, 87, was last seen at about 2 pm, December 21st 2013 in Kettering, Ohio. Later in the day, at 10 pm, Margaret's car was found submerged in a pond, Margaret was no where to be found.

Please call the Kettering Police Department at 937-296-2555 or your local law enforcement agency.

http://www.wdtn.com/news/local/montg...-found-in-pond
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Kettering pond to be drained in search of woman

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...ttering/ncRny/

Spilker's vehicle, a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze, was pulled out of the pond after police discovered it Saturday night.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

This is so sad! The pond is right across the street from the office where I work. My mom and I drove past after seeing it on the news, and there was a news van there and a couple of LE trucks. I can't figure out how she got there, b/c the road is a dead end and only businesses are on it. It was nowhere near where she meant to go.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Just some pictures of LE searching the retention pond where her vehicle was found submerged. To my knowledge nothing was found. What happened to that woman. It would almost seem to me that if she was the one that drove the vehicle into the pond, her body should be there, and at the very least, near there. I can't imagine very many 87 year old women would be able to escape from a vehicle that was submerged. Even if she did escape, where did she go? Hmm...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...ttering/ncRny/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Just some pictures of LE searching the retention pond where her vehicle was found submerged. To my knowledge nothing was found. What happened to that woman. It would almost seem to me that if she was the one that drove the vehicle into the pond, her body should be there, and at the very least, near there. I can't imagine very many 87 year old women would be able to escape from a vehicle that was submerged. Even if she did escape, where did she go? Hmm...
    I can't figure out where she would go, either. I also can't figure out how she got in there in the first place. The part of the pond where they're searching is the opposite side from the road. The only thing near there is a parking lot behind a business. I guess if she accidentally ended up back there, and hit the gas instead of the brake, she could have ended up in there. But it still seems odd.

praying she is found but it doesn't look good.

I have the day off, but my friend is working and I just asked her to look out and see if the pond had been drained yet, and she said it's still full of water, but there are two news crews standing around. Hopefully Margaret's family will get some answers soon.

No official updates yet, but the police are searching around the trees across and down the street from the pond. I can't find anything online about them needing search parties or anything.

So it looks like they didn't find her in the pond, if I'm interpreting that update correctly.

http://www.fox45now.com/shared/news/...id_17776.shtml

There are some lightly wooded areas nearby and another pond across the road from the one they drained. Hoping for a happy outcome despite that!

Sending out positive thoughts for Margaret. May she be found soon - safe and well.

Sadly, they found her body about two miles away from the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyofShalott View Post
    Sadly, they found her body about two miles away from the pond.

"Officials believe she was swept downstream. Spilker's body was found about two miles from the pond along Timberwilde Drive."

Very sad news. RIP, Margret.

How sad. RIP dear lady.