1238 users online (208 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Monique Baldwin & 6 others for savage beating of 12yo girl, Baltimore, 2004

Two women received maximum prison sentences Monday for their roles in the savage beating of a 12-year-old girl at a birthday party, an attack prompted by a kiss on the cheek from a boy acting on a dare

Monique Baldwin, 37, was sentenced to 30 years after pleading guilty in March to first-degree assault and second-degree child abuse for instigating other children at the party to beat Nicole Townes, who went into a three-week coma after the attack.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I'm shocked! (And other than that, speechless.)

This is totally unbelievable. I hope that girl is ok.

Thank you for the update on this case! From what I remember these *adults* encouraged the kids to beat up & kick the victims.
    HORRIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Thank you for the update on this case! From what I remember these *adults* encouraged the kids to beat up & kick the victims.
    HORRIBLE!
    YES!! The Mother told her daughter to "handle her business" and locked the doors and closed the blinds! She even had toddlers involved in beating up this innocent little girl and her sister!

Crazy!!! Thankfully they got what they deserved!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

yes - I remember when this case came out there was a poster on here that kept defending the women involved. something about how we didn't just understand the culture (?????) even though this did happen in the US
    IMHO