1422 users online (265 members and 1157 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #2

Unfortunately I had to wait on posting this case because the website that I found it on, wasn't a MSM site, but now it is...Apparently her car was later found abandoned in Indiana.

Teeka Patrick

Teleka Patrick, 33, from Kalamazoo, Mich. was last seen on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 in the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center. Teeka was reported missing on December 6th, 2013 after she didn't show up for work.

“She was dropped off at her vehicle that was believed to have been parked in the Borgess parking lot,” stated the sheriff's department.

Patrick’s gold 1997 Lexus ES300 was found abandoned by a trooper late Thursday, December 5th night on I-94 west bound just east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exit in Indiana.
    Patrick is described as a black female, 5’7″, 160 pounds with black hair.

If you have any information, you are asked to call the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department at 269-383-8748 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100.

http://fox59.com/2013/12/10/isp-requ...#axzz2n7QAZnlG

Thread #1
    Last edited by KateB; 05-11-2015 at 06:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please remember there are no suspects or POI's at this time. Here are some rules that especially apply to this case.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private! This includes closed social media accounts that can only be retrieved through cached pages

Please continue here...

Did she write something down on paper during the lecture as a result of the phone call she received? Would she have a pad of paper with her? Is there a remote chance that she may have left an imprint of the note.

Is she in a relationship with anyone?
    Someone that might have an idea what happening in her life!
    Besides her parents. We don't always tell our parents whats up!

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Is she in a relationship with anyone?
    Someone that might have an idea what happening in her life!
    Besides her parents. We don't always tell our parents whats up!
    No mention of a significant other at this time. I suppose that it's not important unless someone with whom Teleka might have been in a relationship is the reason for her disappearance. In that case, LE probably has the information about Teleka's acquaintances, colleagues, friends, and/or others with whom she associated. I hope that progress is being made in finding out where Teleka is, who she's with, and the motive for her disappearance.

Car location

Car location:

- FBI: found abandonded off the roadway in a ditch with a possible flat tire on I-94, mile marker 23, in Porter, Indiana
    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tal...a-patrick/view

- In this video interview of the motel clerk, the reporter says the car was found in a field just East of Exit 22B, that you could see from the motel (Comfort Inn). http://fox17online.com/2013/12/18/te...#ixzz2nsO6QbU7

- Indiana State Police Nixle alert Dec 10th: found abandoned by a trooper late Thursday, December 5th night on I-94 west bound just east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exit in Indiana.
    https://nixle.com/alert/5105399/

Here's an enlarged snip from google maps showing Mile Marker 23 (just west of Exit 22B), the field just east of Exit 22B, and the Comfort Inn which is just north of 22B and the field.

I marked everything on this. Click to enlarge.

interstate 94 mile marker 23 porter in Google Maps.png

Screen cap from Bing from the field. Closeup of ditch in field. Click to enlarge.

ditch.jpg

Here's a Bing map with the following locations - be sure to click Bird's Eye!
    - Comfort Inn, Porter, IN
    - Borgess Medical Center (Teleka's workplace)
    - Radisson Hotel (where Teleka tried to get a room)
    - Gull Run Apartments (where Teleka's apartment is)

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NDEuOT...J0b3A9MH4wfjB+

Link for Teleka's apartment:

to her apartment at Gull Run Apartments, a mere three miles from the hospital.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ul_a_life.html

Gull Run Apartments, 4495 Gull Run Dr, Kalamazoo Township, MI 49048
    http://www.edwardrose.com/PMS/prop.a...=61&dl=gullrun
    Last edited by The Cheese; 12-23-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

Just spent a little time looking at the maps. I can see where somebody unfamiliar with the area could become confused heading in the direction the car was going. Those of us familiar with that area have a terrible time navigating those roads.

I enlarged the Bing map to show how 94 CAN connect to I65 if you are traveling to Illinois.

You can also pick up 90 that would take you to Gary, IN.

We avoid that area because of how confusing it all is. We usually end up going West when we want to go East.

Well my maping isn't very good. But if you go to Bing Maps and put in Portage, Indiana and enlarge it you will see to the West all the connecting highways and how confusing it all is.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NDEuNj...UyMEluZGlhbmE=
    "Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why itís called the present."

Have authorities cleared up the issue of when the vehicle was reported to police and when it was located by police? At one point, it seemed there was a passage of only 5-10 minutes. But there were concerns about time zones and so forth.

I think she was planning to meet someone and had to drive out of town to meet the person. I don't know why. Perhaps the person was stuck at work and couldn't make it to the hotel. Maybe she got lost or got a flat tire and called the person to meet her. Then the person caught up to her, and she pulled off the road and got into this person's vehicle.

Updated online flyer to add more pictures of Dr Patrick from different angles and with different hairstyles to help recognize her. Flyer has all the recent news articles, including all articles with timeline information.
    https://www.smore.com/r1es

FBI poster: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tal...a-patrick/view

Indiana State Police Nixle Alert: https://nixle.com/alert/5105399/

Facebook: Find Teleka https://www.facebook.com/FindTeleka

Twitter: Find Teleka Patrick @findteleka
    Teleka Patrick has been missing since December 5, 2013. Please help our family find her!
    https://twitter.com/findteleka

Twitter Hashtag: #FindTeleka
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessWonder View Post
    Have authorities cleared up the issue of when the vehicle was reported to police and when it was located by police? At one point, it seemed there was a passage of only 5-10 minutes. But there were concerns about time zones and so forth.
    rsbmff

The Kalamazoo Sheriff and the FBI have given all the times in EST, so there's no time zone confusion in this:

8:00pm EST - Teleka last seen when dropped off at her car in the Borgess parking lot

10:02pm EST - calls of erratic driving begin

10:14pm EST - call of erratic driving with "unknown accident"

10:15pm EST - trooper responds to "unknown accident" call

10:20 EST - trooper arrives on scene to find car in ditch and searches but finds no signs of Teleka

Time from last seen to start of erratic driving calls: 2 hrs 2 minutes

Time from start of erratic driving calls to "unknown accident" call: 12 minutes

Time for trooper to respond to "unknown accident" call: 1 minute

Time for trooper to drive to scene: 5 minutes

Time from "unknown accident" call (probably when car went off the road) to trooper arriving on scene: 6 minutes

Time from last seen at Borgess to start of erratic driving calls: 2 hours and 2 minutes

Time from last seen at Borgess to trooper finding car in ditch: 2 hours and 20 minutes

Has her ex husband contacted? Where was he at when she went missing? If this has already been said, sorry. Also, in regards to her not removing her hood, may sound silly, but maybe she didn't want to have anyone see her with her hair messed up. When I ride the motorcycle and take off my helmet, I carry a ball cap to put on to disquise my "helmet head" ..

I've never had a stalker so I can't pretend to know what I would do in the situation but with that being said, I just can't imagine this intelligent, confident woman not reporting it, if it were true.

I would assume that she has countless resources to go for help, especially if she was being stalked or harassed by one of her patients.

I don't rule this theory out but right now, I just don't think that this was the case.

IMO, based on the twitter videos that I personally saw that we cannot link, got the impression that as intelligent and aspiring as TP is - was also a bit naive. I can't put my finger on it but maybe someone else may relate and agree.

Also in regards to her social media - Teleka was on Twitter through the end of November with very little followers. I wonder why and when specifically she deactivated it.

I also think that she was driving her car. If someone was driving her car and left it abandoned - where did they go? Did someone pick them up? It just seems too far fetched to me. Why leave it on a highway versus a remote area or parking lot?

I'm all over the map with this and wish we had a bit more detail.

Why did she opt to go to the hotel versus her apartment? Was she scared to go home? Was she meeting someone? Was she wanting to check in to harm herself? Was someone in her apartment complex harassing her? (I still think though that at 30 years old, that if someone was making her uncomfortable, she would tell someone! a friend, a parent, a co-worker, etc. - I'm curious if she did and we just don't know it..?)

I would think that if she was adamant about getting a room but didn't have enough cash, she could have went to an ATM to get more. JMO, I know students aren't rich by any means but I do believe she would have had an additional $100 in her account at the very minimum.

Anyways, sorry for my rambles. Hoping we hear more today or she is found safe..

I have to admit, I was initially in the thought that she left on her own but as time passes, I can't help but to think that she would leave her family in such pain UNLESS she did have a strained relationship with them (which I haven't read) or a major secret (which I still consider to be a viable option.)
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

I keep thinking about the maintenance guy at the Comfort Inn claiming to see her. With every missing person case there are numerous "sightings" that turn out not to be the person BUT it seems so odd to me given it is so close to where the car went off the road. What is known about this maintenance worker? It seems LE does not believe it was her due to direction traveled (unsure what that means) and time of sighting. Is it possible that he is trying to cover something up? Just a thought and again random...but could he be trying to throw LE off by saying he saw her and she was headed to Gary? Looking at the map and if I were stuck on the side of the road, I would probably try to walk to the closest business I could see to ask for help if I didn't have a phone.

I think we've got about half the articles indicating the law enforcement thinks Dr Patrick was driving the car, and about half indicating they don't know who was driving.

I'll throw in one more thing to consider from law enforcement.

Indiana State Police Nixle Alert for Dr Patrick Dec 10th:

We asking anyone who may have seen Patrick, possibly gave her ride or have any information about her whereabouts to call the Indiana State Police at 219-696-6242 or the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department at 269-383-8748.

https://nixle.com/alert/5105399/

So do they mean a ride from her car at Borgess? a ride from her apartment after Borgess? a ride from MM23 in Porter?

Unless she was having paranoia issues, or unless it was a source she trusted (road crew, LE etc), I see her being too smart to hop in the car with a total stranger. Maybe if a family or female picked her up, they were going somewhere to another state and have no clue all this is going on. Our thoughts are all over the map because this is so frustrating!

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast