Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Kidnapping across state lines is the biggest reason why the FBI would be involved in an adult case.
    We discussed this as a possibility earlier, especially since I think it's highly likely that she was kidnapped in Kalamazoo and taken to Indiana. However, someone else brought up the point that there are many people missing who were presumed taken across state lines, but the FBI isn't involved.

I'm inclined to think, though, that the reason is that she was taken from MI to IN....
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Kidnapping across state lines is the biggest reason why the FBI would be involved in an adult case.
    Yes, but it might not be the only reason in this case.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to musicaljoke For This Useful Post:

BBM

How could Teleka received a phone call when her phone was likely in her purse, in the hospital the whole time she was gone that night?

I would think someone in the hospital would remember seeing her if she had entered the hospital and left her phone and purse there after returning to the hospital with the hotel shuttle driver.

I think she grabbed her wallet containing the her cash, ID and credit cards before she went downtown and left her purse at work on purpose. She might of forgot to grab her phone. But there is no mention of her entering the hospital later that night.

If she did have her phone with her that night why would she enter the hospital and leave her purse and phone there, but take her wallet with her?

Also her cash (or at least some of it) was found still in the car. So I don't think robbery was a motive. A thieve is not going to only take some of the cash.

We know she didn't have much cash with her because it wasn't enough for a hotel room. Which makes me wonder why she didn't use her credit card if she didn't have enough cash for the room. Not many hotels/motels will even rent you a room without a credit card. The clerk might of asked her for a credit card, perhaps it was declined. I would think there would be a record of that. But why she didn't use the card to rent the room is a mystery to me if she didn't have enough cash.
    I was very interested in the video of Teleka walking into that hotel. She is a small woman. I always thought she was a larger woman. She was very confident, calm and patient.

I did wonder what the clerk thought of a woman walking in off the street with no luggage, no purse and no credit cards but a small amount of cash and wanting to rent a room for the night.

I wonder if she identified herself as a doctor at the hospital? That seems like it would open many doors.

Would that be an everynight occurance or something rare in the hotel business?

Just curious.
    Justice for Morgan Harrington and Dylan Redwine. Always in my heart.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:

I say: search the area around and near the hotel and her place of work.

Expand the perimeters daily.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Starry Night For This Useful Post:

The "disturbing" phone call was on Dec. 4th. She didn't go poof until Dec. 5th.

http://fox17online.com/2013/12/20/br...eleka-patrick/

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Wasn't today the day she had a plane ticket to go home?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starry Night For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    The "disturbing" phone call was on Dec. 4th. She didn't go poof until Dec. 5th.

http://fox17online.com/2013/12/20/br...eleka-patrick/
    I thought she went missing the same day she received the phone call but it wasn't reported til the next day when she didn't show up for work and the hospital called her parents and told them they were calling the police to report her missing?

MOO

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post
    I thought she went missing the same day she received the phone call but it wasn't reported til the next day when she didn't show up for work and the hospital called her parents and told them they were calling the police to report her missing?

MOO
    No - the phone call was the day before, Dec 4. Then she went to the hotel the following day, Dec 5.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

MOO
    No. Dec. 4th was the phone call. Tried to check into the Radisson, drove to IN and car found in a ditch, all on the 5th. Wasn't reported until the 6th when a no show for work, etc.

Teleka received a disturbing phone call that upset her on the afternoon of December 4th and police are obtaining warrants to access her phone records.
    http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/kal...-teleka-p-case

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    No - the phone call was the day before, Dec 4. Then she went to the hotel the following day, Dec 5.
    So did she go home the day she received the disturbing phone call?

Is there a good timeline anywhere? TIA

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:

That's a good question. We can't assume that she went home. Residents are often on call overnight and sleep at the hospital. If she had not gone home, she probably would have had an overnight bag with her, which she may have left at the hospital, in her car, or took with her. She didn't appear to have an overnight bag with her at the hotel.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to musicaljoke For This Useful Post:

The police must have known about the phone call right away, so why so long to get her phone records? I was sure they were on that, then saw later they had obtained warrants. Is there a waiting period before a judge will agree to that? Maybe I'm just impatient and think that should be a top priority on most cases now.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    The police must have known about the phone call right away, so why so long to get her phone records? I was sure they were on that, then saw later they had obtained warrants. Is there a waiting period before a judge will agree to that? Maybe I'm just impatient and think that should be a top priority on most cases now.
    I wondered about that, too. But until her car was found, they probably didn't know if she had left voluntarily or involuntarily. I think she was kidnapped in Kalamazoo, but even if she left of her own free will, she probably is not safe any longer.

A judge probably would not grant a warrant for phone records, computer hard drives, etc, unless s/he believes the person is in danger and these records may help. Otherwise, it would be a huge invasion of privacy, kwim?

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

As far as we know ... yes. She went home AFTER the disturbing phone call.

One of MANY timelines posted here:
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ne_what_w.html

Please NOTE: Reported missing Dec. 6th when she didn't show up for work. On or about the 12th of Dec. the hounds were used to track scent to roadway.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    As far as we know ... yes. She went home AFTER the disturbing phone call..
    Do we know that for sure?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to musicaljoke For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast