1207 users online (230 members and 977 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 797
  1. #1

    The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1

    While the rest of us were busily gawking at the beginnings of the circus that is now the Jennifer Wilbanks "case," -- me one of the worst, I'm afraid -- a crime occurred in Durham NC that has gone ignored in the national press. Twenty-five-year-old Raven Abaroa arrived home from a soccer match to find his son Kaiden alive, but his wife Janet, also 25, stabbed to death. Authorities have kept cards close to the vest on this crime -- they will only say at the moment that this crime is not random, and that Janet was stabbed to death. They stayed at the house 24 hours collecting evidence and interviewing neighbors.

    Here are some links --

    -- My blog, The Dark Side, two entries
    -- Raven Abaroa's website, ravenstree.com
    -- Google News Search for "Janet Abaroa" -- due to the giant sucking hole that is the now rather-amusing Wilbanks case, there's not much on this one yet.

    I would be very interested in people visiting the sites, reading the stories, and giving thoughts on this one here. Remember the Wilbanks case; I for one am not going to pull the trigger on the typically obvious suspect -- usually for law enforcement as well as the public -- on this. News reports do indicate that Raven is in deep mourning. I'd like to discuss this giving Abaroa a fair shake to start with. Police have in no way yet indicated any suspicion of him, either. Essentially, I'm making no assertions at the moment, just gathering up what I could find on the internet.

    Mr. A

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,676
    This is such a tragic story! Several times (this morning alone!!!) I had to revisit the news article, blogs, etc. I agree that there should not be *any* jump to conclusions regarding Raven Araboa involvement, but I cannot get past all my little red flag stuff. I promise to try!

    I read all the info (And, then some! I Googled for more!), your blog, and Raven Araboa's as well. Frankly, RA's blog does bother me...alot. I am not out to place all my bets on this guy, but I do believe he does have some type of involvement with Janet Araboa's murder. The embezzelment (sp?) info does *not* help this guy out at all. Does that make him a murderer as well? Not at all. However, I can't help but ask myself if this murder could have been for insurance monies. I think this couple were deeply in the hole. I also think that RA have many visions of success...dreams of making it big.

    Okay, just sharing my first impressions, only *first* ones! I am sure there is much more to this story and I could be waaaay off base!
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Someone with more technical experience than I have needs to copy the info. I would bet they'll get pulled and this case has the potential to be a case of interest around here!!!!

    mrallgood, I just finished reading your first blog entry on this case. Excellent job! You've hooked me and I'll be following this case closely.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,676
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Someone with more technical experience than I have needs to copy the info. I would bet they'll get pulled and this case has the potential to be a case of interest around here!!!!

    I **completely** agree!!!

    Yo, JeanaDP, is there a possibility of placing this in a "broader" viewing area, maybe? Pretty please, with mucho sugar on top???
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I **completely** agree!!!
    Did the hairs on the back of your neck stand up too?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,676
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Did the hairs on the back of your neck stand up too?
    Big time, unfortunately. I am trying to keep an open mind as much as possible, but I'm getting to many "deja vu" moments. It sounds familar, not exact, but familar to another case we all were taken by. Know what I mean?

    Have I been a member for too long????
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    I am interested in this case also.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Did the hairs on the back of your neck stand up too?
    For me, the moment I read the blog. One small word caused it... "I."

    All of us who write blogs will go on about ourselves -- I am certainly guilty at times. But his one entry -- and comparing the old archives of the blog to the present incarnation... Janet seems to have virtually been erased between 2001 and 2005. As I say -- Mr. Abaroa hasn't been named as a suspect, so he deserves as much fairness as possible on the part of we, the 'speculators' -- I learned a lesson with John Mason that way, which is why I've been careful with the blogging of this. I figured presenting the links and letting others see what they think was the best idea. And for me, it's Mr. Abaroa's many "I's" that are troubling.

    Anyone who looked at the internet archive and the present website notice that it went from "our" site to "my" site?

    Yeah.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188

    Yoohoo Moderators ! ! ! !

    Can we consider making this a featured case? I'd like to start collecting info for a media thread.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,676
    Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood
    For me, the moment I read the blog. One small word caused it... "I."

    All of us who write blogs will go on about ourselves -- I am certainly guilty at times. But his one entry -- and comparing the old archives of the blog to the present incarnation... Janet seems to have virtually been erased between 2001 and 2005. As I say -- Mr. Abaroa hasn't been named as a suspect, so he deserves as much fairness as possible on the part of we, the 'speculators' -- I learned a lesson with John Mason that way, which is why I've been careful with the blogging of this. I figured presenting the links and letting others see what they think was the best idea. And for me, it's Mr. Abaroa's many "I's" that are troubling.

    Anyone who looked at the internet archive and the present website notice that it went from "our" site to "my" site?

    Yeah.
    Exactly!!!!! I must have started to post 10 times before I settled on my first one... I didn't want to go to nuts with my first thoughts. That said:

    Where was Janet Araboa's pictures??? The only ones I had seen of her, you found elsewhere. Where was the "We" as in wife? The Mother of his son?? Only his son is visually/written word recognized. Except, of course, for himself. Janet did not/does not exist.

    Something is *so* not right here.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".


  11. #11
    I'd like to start collecting info for a media thread.
    Can I second that? Even though I started the thread?

    I've been feeling this was a needlessly neglected crime news-wise, so it's good to see the response to this thread so far.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood
    Can I second that? Even though I started the thread?

    I've been feeling this was a needlessly neglected crime news-wise, so it's good to see the response to this thread so far.
    Maybe if we start collecting here we'll get moved to the featured area by default ...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Found this on google.


    Knowlogy
    703-532-1000
    4720 Montgomery Lane
    Bethesda, MD 20814
    Raven Abaroa rabaroa@knowlogy.com
    At Knowlogy, our mission is to build valuable computer skills for professionals by providing solution-based training, and creating better organization performance. Contact me for any of your IT solution needs. For more information visit www.knowlogy.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Exactly!!!!! I must have started to post 10 times before I settled on my first one... I didn't want to go to nuts with my first thoughts. That said:

    Where was Janet Araboa's pictures??? The only ones I had seen of her, you found elsewhere. Where was the "We" as in wife? The Mother of his son?? Only his son is visually/written word recognized. Except, of course, for himself. Janet did not/does not exist.

    Something is *so* not right here.
    I totally agree. It seems only he and the baby exist in his world.

    Hopefully I'm way off base here but since this is a sleuthing forum and speculation abounds here goes. Maybe she found out something about him and was going to leave and take the baby. Well, he just couldn't let that happen.

    Remember this is just SPECULATION

  15. #15
    I think that if he had something to do with this -- IF -- that Kato may be right in some sense.

    You know who his appearance reminded me of? A less-handsome Paul Bernardo, of the Bernardo/Homolka serial killing team.

    We can be assured Bernardo was a malignant narcissist and psychopath. It's only coinicidence, but it just hit me and I thought I'd share.

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Dateline NBC airing case of Murder of Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)
    By terminatrixator in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 12:20 AM
  2. Who Killed Janet Abaroa?
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 02:58 AM
  3. The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2
    By OriginalJerseyGirl in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 579
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:05 PM

Tags for this Thread