1161 users online (209 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

KY - Hart Co., Woman's body in vacant house, Dec'13, Podesta Owens

Police have released a photo of the t-shirt the victim was wearing when her body was discovered, in hopes someone in the community will have information on this person.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Detective Erik Salman at 1-800-222-5555.

http://www.lex18.com/news/ksp-seek-h...in-hart-county

There is a pic at link of shirt found. I know we have some excellent sleuths here that can find a lot of info from just a pic of clothing. I don't know how to attach it here if someone else could help do that.

I also wasn't sure where to post this so if it needs to be somewhere else Mods please move it to the appropriate place please.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-27-2013 at 03:19 PM.

It looks like something a teenager or young adult would wear.

I thought about Page Johnson but this sounds like a more recent body and not remains .

As a young woman in her late teens, I think the top really seems like something a young or mid aged teen might wear. Also seems pretty unique, though does look like something more of the urban style that was the style back mid to late of the last decade for teens. Possibly boughten at a thrift store. Just saying. I am not one into fashion much either and will either wear whatever or something that I think is comfortable or looks cool. This is really making me sad. Just knowing that it is just a couple of days from Christmas and somebody's little girl is gone. JMO and

The only girl other than Paige Johnson whom is recently missing from the state of Kentucky is Citlalli Perez-Coronel. Also unlikely as the other girl that Citlalli ran away with whom returned home last saw Citlalli at a woman's house that they were staying at in Nashville, Tennessee. Still felt like I should put her out there though as a possible match in case of if a journey back home went wrong. Also, I tried looking at Kmart and Sears for the top this female was wearing when recovered and had no luck. Thought those would be the most likely stores to carry the top that I hopped at, but probably no.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1215551/1#poster

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-899710

PMs

I looked up Hart County on a map and if this female is a reported missing person then she most likely would of came from Indiana. There are quite a few missing teens in Indiana on NCMEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    As a young woman in her late teens, I think the top really seems like something a young or mid aged teen might wear. Also seems pretty unique, though does look like something more of the urban style that was the style back mid to late of the last decade for teens. Possibly boughten at a thrift store. Just saying. I am not one into fashion much either and will either wear whatever or something that I think is comfortable or looks cool. This is really making me sad. Just knowing that it is just a couple of days from Christmas and somebody's little girl is gone. JMO and
    I'm 19 myself and that shirt looks like something I'd wear. I think this is going to be someone between the ages of 13 to 30.

Usually I don't think clothing says much about a person's age, but the style/print suggests this is someone young. It's not like the shirt's a brand like Hello Kitty, where you often see grown women (like my stepmom) wearing it on their day off.

And yes ... it's sad that someone's loved one has been found only two days before Christmas. I mean, it's sad no matter what time of year they're found, but it's always sadder when it's around Thanksgiving or Christmas. That's when families get together to hang out, open presents and eat an awesome dinner.
    But at least they'll know what happened to her. And at this point, that - and finding whoever killed her (if this IS a homicide) - is the best we can do for them.

I wish they had more details on the body, it's kind of hard to go on just a shirt to figure out who it could be.

RIP Edward.
    1993-2009

Don't forget this is near Fort Knox

My sister lives in Hardin County and she heard that the body was very decomposed and had been there for more than 2 months

I think it looks like something sold at Kmart or WalMart, too. Or maybe H&M, Forever 21, etc. I Googled some of the phrases on it ("Fashion is Sexy" "Sexy Girl" "Extraordinarily Chic") but haven't found a similar shirt yet. Definitely a Juniors style, IMO.

To me that shirt screams 80's.....flashdance

I wish they gave more information to go off of other than only what the top looked like. Not even the brand name or size of the top or sny of her statistics. That is not much help other than giving an idea what her age is. I might be able too understand if her body was badly composed, but they fo not evrn say that. The same problem is eith Hannah Doe. Her body was recovered just days to being found yet the estimated age is from 15 through 30 and there has been no indication as of what her ethnicity is. I mean come on. "Smurfette"'s remains were recovered skeletal and they got s broad estimated age range for her and gave a broad idea of what her ethnicity is. I sm sorry if I come off as complaining, but this really is puzzling to me.

MO MO - Hannibal, Female, 15-30, in Mississippi River, Sep'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem UP10722, 15-17, "He Smurfs Me" T-Shirt, Oct 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 11:00 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    I wish they gave more information to go off of other than only what the top looked like. Not even the brand name or size of the top or sny of her statistics. That is not much help other than giving an idea what her age is. I might be able too understand if her body was badly composed, but they fo not evrn say that. The same problem is eith Hannah Doe. Her body was recovered just days to being found yet the estimated age is from 15 through 30 and there has been no indication as of what her ethnicity is. I mean come on. "Smurfette"'s remains were recovered skeletal and they got s broad estimated age range for her and gave a broad idea of what her ethnicity is. I sm sorry if I come off as complaining, but this really is puzzling to me.

MO MO - Hannibal, Female, 15-30, in Mississippi River, Sep'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem UP10722, 15-17, "He Smurfs Me" T-Shirt, Oct 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    No, I agree. I think perhaps the tag is missing and that's why they don't have the brand name, but it seems odd that they don't have hair or anything else at the scene. Of course, she was found relatively recently and I don't know how long it takes to come up with some of the stats. They may have just released the shirt info while they continue to work on learning more about her physical characteristics.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast