Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: HI - Jean Kini Chang, 59, Wailea, 18 Dec 2013

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,371

    Question HI - Jean Kini Chang, 59, Wailea, 18 Dec 2013

    Jean Kini Chang


    Jean Kini Chang, (also known as “Jeanie” and “Kini”) 59, was last seen at her Wailea home on Wednesday December 18th, 2013.

    Chang drives an 05' BMW Z-4 convertible that has gone missing with her.


    Height - 5' 3"
    Weight - 130 lbs.
    Chang is a white female with medium length blonde hair and green eyes.

    Please call the Maui Police Department at (808) 244-6400.

    http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/maui...?absolute=true
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Jean Kini Chang


    Jean Kini Chang, (also known as “Jeanie” and “Kini”) 59, was last seen at her Wailea home on Wednesday December 18th, 2013.

    Chang drives an 05' BMW Z-4 convertible that has gone missing with her.


    Height - 5' 3"
    Weight - 130 lbs.
    Chang is a white female with medium length blonde hair and green eyes.

    Please call the Maui Police Department at (808) 244-6400.

    http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/maui...?absolute=true
    Gee, it would be helpful if they would release a little more info like what kind of medical attention she needs.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    I found a little more information about her.

    She is an aspiring actress.
    http://hawaiifilmindustry.com/profil...ource=activity

    She is a licensed realtor.

    https://www.real-estate-agent-lists....09ECB03675593C

    Facebook search page.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...90292017652752

    Her facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/kini.chang

    Another search group:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...90166010998686
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    I found a little more information about her.

    She is an aspiring actress.
    http://hawaiifilmindustry.com/profil...ource=activity

    She is a licensed realtor.

    https://www.real-estate-agent-lists....09ECB03675593C
    That's so funny - When I looked at her picture I thought 'realtor' and then went to read and here you are saying that's what she does!

    That always scares me when you've got a missing person - especially female. You interact with so many people, and often it seems they end up talking as you try to relate and perhaps unintentionally sharing too much about yourself - marital status, which part of the Island she might live on or frequent, etc.

    And the little BMW Z3 and Z4's aren't all that common - or at least not here in another place where many have convertibles and there are a lot of very well off communities with most driving some form of higher end cars - so I suspect that's true there. A family member of mine has one that's now very old, but still gets comments on it and valets, etc. remember it and so remember when they return to a restaurant even months later. Plus they're very tiny - I jokingly call it a micro machine. Very scary if she were to have been in an accident...alone or with another car.

    I hope that Jean is ok and maybe ended up at a hospital for whatever possible medical conditions were alluded to, and that her loved ones are able to have a wonderful Christmas celebrating with her.

    Oh, and given the fact that they aren't sure if she was or not, I wonder if it's possibly like a UTI or something. If she had been acting 'off' or not feeling well and were concerned she might be confused? The other thing I wondered if it might allude to is her possibly suicidal? I don't have any reason to think that, but listening to scanners regularly, I've been reminded of how hard the holidays can be for so many, and wonder if that might be a concern and 'possible health issues' being a less overt way of expressing that, while making people likely to be more alert b/c of that health thing?

  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    That's so funny - When I looked at her picture I thought 'realtor' and then went to read and here you are saying that's what she does!

    That always scares me when you've got a missing person - especially female. You interact with so many people, and often it seems they end up talking as you try to relate and perhaps unintentionally sharing too much about yourself - marital status, which part of the Island she might live on or frequent, etc.

    And the little BMW Z3 and Z4's aren't all that common - or at least not here in another place where many have convertibles and there are a lot of very well off communities with most driving some form of higher end cars - so I suspect that's true there. A family member of mine has one that's now very old, but still gets comments on it and valets, etc. remember it and so remember when they return to a restaurant even months later. Plus they're very tiny - I jokingly call it a micro machine. Very scary if she were to have been in an accident...alone or with another car.

    I hope that Jean is ok and maybe ended up at a hospital for whatever possible medical conditions were alluded to, and that her loved ones are able to have a wonderful Christmas celebrating with her.

    Oh, and given the fact that they aren't sure if she was or not, I wonder if it's possibly like a UTI or something. If she had been acting 'off' or not feeling well and were concerned she might be confused? The other thing I wondered if it might allude to is her possibly suicidal? I don't have any reason to think that, but listening to scanners regularly, I've been reminded of how hard the holidays can be for so many, and wonder if that might be a concern and 'possible health issues' being a less overt way of expressing that, while making people likely to be more alert b/c of that health thing?


    BBM

    Traveling Bug, I agree with everything you said! And the first thing that came to mind is what I bolded. Holidays can actually be a very depressing time for many. It hits close to home for me. And UTI can make a person become so disoriented and confused. I worry about an accident. If she were upset or confused, it would be dark at 6pm, did she go over a cliff or down an embankment? I don't live on that island but I will do a little research on that area. The Road to Hana is treacherous. Hopefully she didn't go that way!
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,380
    Here is a better link to her fb search page:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeani...89901647691789

    I also thought of an accident first thing.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,380
    On her own fb page it says she is also a jewelry designer and a stock trader. She seems to be a very creative and talented person!

    She also seems to have strong ties to the Japanese community in Maui.

    https://www.facebook.com/kini.chang

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    On her own fb page it says she is also a jewelry designer and a stock trader. She seems to be a very creative and talented person!

    She also seems to have strong ties to the Japanese community in Maui.

    https://www.facebook.com/kini.chang
    Yes, it sounds like she is. You have to wear a lot of hats to pay the bills in Hawaii.


    Merry Christmas everyone!!
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    Read December 24th post by Marcia Da Silva. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeani...89901647691789

    This may explain the medical concern and I'm afraid may not have a happy ending.
    What can we do to help? It has been almost a week now!
    Last edited by Plumeria5; 12-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    I found a little more information about her.

    She is an aspiring actress.
    http://hawaiifilmindustry.com/profil...ource=activity

    She is a licensed realtor.

    https://www.real-estate-agent-lists....09ECB03675593C

    Facebook search page.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...90292017652752

    Her facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/kini.chang

    Another search group:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...90166010998686
    Great job, Plumy!

    So one of her friends on her FB page said she left a suicide note. They have searched numerous places looking for her, so I'm sure they have looked everywhere that was meaningful to her or held special memories.

    Jeanie, if by any chance you are out there somewhere reading this, look how many love you and are looking for you! Your pets miss you and NEED you! I promise you, it WILL get better!
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    Read December 24th post by Marcia Da Silva. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeani...89901647691789

    This may explain the medical concern and I'm afraid may not have a happy ending.
    What can we do to help? It has been almost a week now!
    I'm sure it's just my brain (LOL) but I ::think:: I read all the comments - both those under posts by site coordinator and the posts by others on the side - and I'm only finding one comment from that friend and it's about the pets I think.

    Is the one you're referring to still there? It isn't one of the main ones on the regular screen, is it? (Those seemed to be admin ones) If it's under one of those can you give a little more hint as to where to find it (like the time of the original post or something)

    I feel blind enough to ask now that I looked at it again and still couldn't find it!

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    I'm sure it's just my brain (LOL) but I ::think:: I read all the comments - both those under posts by site coordinator and the posts by others on the side - and I'm only finding one comment from that friend and it's about the pets I think.

    Is the one you're referring to still there? It isn't one of the main ones on the regular screen, is it? (Those seemed to be admin ones) If it's under one of those can you give a little more hint as to where to find it (like the time of the original post or something)

    I feel blind enough to ask now that I looked at it again and still couldn't find it!
    I believe the admins on her FB search page want the focus to be on the search and not the details of why so it was deleted. Jeanie has a ton of friends, family and strangers searching for her. I wish she knew how much she is loved and missed. Her kitties need her.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    She just started a new business, Maui Blessed.

    http://www.********.com/53ro8g



    Created by Jeanie Kini Chang on November 4, 2013
    KIHEI, HI

    "Aloha my friends, I'm trying to raise money for my new company "Maui Blessed" (tm). If I have ever made you laugh, smile or helped you out...this is the time that I really need you to help me launch this. Everytime I meet someone who visits Maui, they always say "I'm so blessed to be here on Maui". I so agree and I decided to create "Maui Blessed" (tm) and my items are t-shirts, hats, flip flops ( when you walk in the sand...it says Maui Blessed) as well as one of a kind jewelry ( bracelets & earrings) that I make.
    Of course I always give back as well and that will be to St. Judes Childrens Hospital & the Alzheimer's Association in memory of my dear mommy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart & God Bless! "
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    320
    Bumping for Jeanie.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    320
    Facebook search page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeani...789?ref=stream

    It seems there are many, many people and businesses looking for Jeanie. I wonder if her BMW has the BMW Assist feature. I'm sure this has already been considered. Hope she is found soon. You can tell she is very loved. Hoping for her safe return.

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:


  31. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    320
    From the FB page, it appears that they've checked a great portion of the island. Anyone have any ideas? Any locals here? She was last in Wailea.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:


  33. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,861
    It's clear she is blessed with a whole lot of people who really care about her - those that knew her before she went missing, and those that have jumped on board to assist in finding her once they've found out she's missing.

    I hope that she's found and able to realize that - and doesn't end up dying perhaps not really realized how cared about she is/was.

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  35. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    My fear is that not sharing any information that they have regarding her disappearance will cause people to stop looking. Did she have her phone? Wasn't there gps on her car? It is a fancy BMW. Was she sick and needed medication? Did she leave a note?
    No answers and so many questions.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  37. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    637
    I'm fairly certain kini has just been found deceased. A vehicle matching hers was reported to have gone off the road and the single occupant (female) has been recovered deceased. They are posting live updates about the recovery on facebook.com/mauiwatch

  38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EdinburghLass For This Useful Post:


  39. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    320
    I've been watching for any news on Jeanie. This FB page just updated. It's so sad.

    https://www.facebook.com/MAUIWatch

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:


  41. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,371
    No..... I was hoping she'd be found alive and well.........damn.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:


  43. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    http://www.mauinews.com/page/content....html?nav=5161


    http://www.dangerousroads.org/usa/64...ghway-usa.html
    This appears to be the road where the BMW and a woman's body was found off the cliff.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  45. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,466
    Oh NOOOO!!!! Plumy, we were just talking about her last night, this is awful.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

  46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:


  47. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoods View Post
    Oh NOOOO!!!! Plumy, we were just talking about her last night, this is awful.
    I know. Our worse fears. I just watched the video of the helicopter. Certainly looks like she wanted to end her life as this highway is one way and treacherous, far from where Jeanie lived.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:


  49. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,466
    Plumy is that helicopter video the firemen actually pulling her out from the wreckage? If it is that's sad, I hope the family doesn't see it. And the guy filming it was pretty cavalier about it, joking around with his son.

    This case has always confused me; did she or did she not leave a suicide note, why couldn't they ping her phone, why the radio silence from her family?
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

  50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WI WI - Ricky Jean Bryant, 4, Mauston, 19 Dec 1949
    By PonderingThings in forum Pre-1960's Missing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 08:47 PM
  2. Found Deceased IN - Norma Jean Prince, 81, Bloomington, 17 Dec 2011
    By CatFancier in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •